Bournemouth V Liverpool - EPL - Sunday 17th April 1.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:56 pm

After the euphoria of the Dortmund match it's back to our bread and butter again, I am sure Bournemouth will be looking to take advantage of a slightly jaded squad with some key injuries

I would be tempted to go with something like this (bearing in mind we play Everton on wednesday night).....

Mignolet, Flanagan, Skrtel, Toure, Smith, Stewart, Allen, Lallana, Firmino, Ojo, Sturridge

We are not gonna get near the top 4 spaces, but wouldn't it be nice to finish above the scum
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:58 pm

As much as I want to see us do a little better in the league and I think we're better off missing out on the EL next season and focusing on winning it while we have the chance. That in itself is 4th

I'm still on a high from last night to think about Bournemouth  :D
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:35 pm

Right now reaching the CL via winning the Europa cup is more likely than us finishing 5th... The priority is clear...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:42 pm

Jeeeez, yes we are all excited about last night's results and YES the Europa League is still a priority for us BUT we still have a league match on Sunday and we should be going out to win
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:46 am

You're right CR, we should keep the priority in mind but we shouldn't just discard the league matches like that, even though the league is lost for us.

Since we won't be qualifying for the CL through the league, I couldn't care less where we finish, but what I do care about is form. First off, the foundations of our next season will build on the way we finish this season. The season when we almost won the league under Brendan was preceded by a good form from our previous season. A good finish to this season = a better start to the next. Secondly, we need to keep a good form for the semi's in the EL as well. We can't play without care in the league and then expect to turn up against Villareal just like that. Make no mistake, the game we played against Stoke was a huge factor for the match against Dortmund.

I do however, agree that we can loosen up a bit and rest a few of the starters. This is what I'd play against Bournemouth:

Mignolet

Flanagan      Skrtel     Toure      Moreno

Stewart   Allen

Ojo                            Milner

Sturridge    Origi

Origi might need some rest but I really want us to try a Sturridge-Origi partnership from the start, that seemed to work very nice last time we tried it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:28 pm

Here is the pre match press conference in full

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:22 pm

C-R » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:42 pm wrote:Jeeeez, yes we are all excited about last night's results and YES the Europa League is still a priority for us BUT we still have a league match on Sunday and we should be going out to win

Not saying I don't want to win... Just saying the priority is very clear now...  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:36 pm

maguskwt » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:22 pm wrote:
C-R » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:42 pm wrote:Jeeeez, yes we are all excited about last night's results and YES the Europa League is still a priority for us BUT we still have a league match on Sunday and we should be going out to win

Not saying I don't want to win... Just saying the priority is very clear now...  :laugh:

:nod  for sure mate, agreed
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:58 pm

I wouldn't go ahead and turn the whole team around...Semi's are still many days away and nothing like winning to bolster confidence as well as keep the rhythm going...except 1-2 subs i hope Klopp play the best we got.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:44 am

Lads we've got Everton in midweek, forget the semis, think league.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:28 am

Good opportunity for some of the young guys to stake their place for next season and I'd like to see Flanno, Stewart and Ojo get another run out today. Wouldn't surprise me if Klopp rests our CBs too, with Toure and Skittles starting today.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:45 am

A few rumour's going around that Danny Ward will start in goal today, he is a good young keeper, will be intersting to see if it does indeed happen
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:30 pm

Starting eleven for today's match...

Ward, Randall, Toure, Lucas, Smith, Allen, Stewart, Ibe, Ojo, Firmino, Sturridge.

Subs...

Mignolet, Milner, Coutinho, Sakho, Lallana, Origi, Flanagan.

Looks like the rumour I posted earlier was true, Ward starts with Lucas captain today

In total, there's 6 academy players in the lineup today (Ward, Randall, Smith, Stewart, Ojo, Ibe)
Last edited by C-R on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:31 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:41 pm

...tha fak?! Talk about a mixed squad! Will definitely be interesting...

Nice to see Ward on goal, would love to see how he handles his first start.

Skrtel not even on the bench, guess his days are numbered.

Randall starting instead of Flanagan is also an interesting decision.

No Brannagan again  :glare:
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games