man utd v LIVERPOOL Sun 17th Mar 3.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 pm

Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory !

Must admit, I was scratching my head when Jurgen made those late subs. Unless the players he brought off were absolutely knackered I still don't know why he did it.  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:34 pm

I'm gutted from the way we lost in the last minute and that we shot ourselves in the foot after almost having the game in the bag, and on top of it all we lost to ManU, but as far as the FA cup goes, we've got bigger fish to fry.

City got Conventry and United got Chelsea in the semis, so I guess it'll be another FA cup for City.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:41 pm

Nunez looked b0llix3d long before that cluster of an attempted pass. In fact a load of them did, apart from Endo - feckin' Energiser Bunny that fella.
There were a load of poor performances there today from Quansah, Gomez, Nunez, Diaz, Mo......and STILL we should have had the nous to hold onto the ball. I can't fault the keeper except maybe for the first, maybe he should have done a little better with that one. Don't know why Robbo came off, he's been out for a while and he can't have tired.
And I said it just here - VVD didn't do enough for me today. Not ordering his defence the way he should be, imo. I can't actually remember the last captain we had who was in the faces of his teammates, Stevie G certainly wasn't.
We got what we deserved today for complacency and being profligate in front of goal. 5 vs 2 and we can't even get a shot on target ? Jesus wept lads, that's not good enough
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

Nunez, Dias and Gakpo.... what a bunch of clowns.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:49 pm

One match too many. Nothing more to add.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:50 pm

Last post for me today. We seriously SERIOUSLY missed Jota today
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:26 pm

Don't care about going out of this but do care about the manner in which we did it. It was a good game though but very frustrating on our behalf.

Nunez was poor and to be fair he's like that against the top teams but needs to smarten up as we can't play the likes of Burnley & Brentford every week.

Diaz has very poor end product. His runs/dribbles can be fantastic but then 99% of the time he sh8ts a brick. His energy is unbelievable though and probably the fittest player we have.

Gakpo isn't great at all. A passenger in nearly every game that looks lost at this level. That attack we had where it was 5 on 2 and he killed it sums up his time here for me. Meh!!

Mo wasn't great either at times but for me those 3 had a massive part in that result today. The amount of possession we have and the number of attacks we push with should be yielding better results and more goals.

It's the time of year now where fatigue really comes into play and we really didn't need 120 minutes today. The jammy feck's got the easy draw as well but I can take that just to see them lose a final. That will more than make up for today!!  :nod  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:29 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:50 pm wrote:Last post for me today. We seriously SERIOUSLY missed Jota today

Agree but sadly that's always the problem with him isn't it. Never available when you really need him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:38 pm

Going out of the cup is one thing but going out in a manner that will go down in FA Cup and Manchester United folklore is  a real kick in the proverbials.
This game will be talked about for years and years like that 4-4 fifth round tie at Goodison which saw off Kenny.
I won’t be reading any papers or watching Sky Sports News for a week or two that’s for sure
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:52 pm

We should've won that but didn't capitalise. Mannure were average but had a little more passion I guess. Anyhow gutted but we move on, more gutted that we lost to them rather then exiting the cup for some reason.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:23 pm

Just saw that mannure got Coventry in the semis, thought it was Chelsea for some reason. That't a free ticket to the final tbh, I'm a bit more gutted now for exiting the cup.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:01 am

Shows how far they've fallen when all they've done is gloat non stop ever since the final whistle. I'm not annoyed about going out, or even going out to these lot.. but for them to get Coventry in the semis is a kick in the teeth. Just hope City demolish them in the final.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:46 am

Thought it was Chelsea also, Mannure will get to the final and the way Villa, Spurs are dropping points might also creep into a UCL spot dogfight.

Anyhow they won't beat City, can't see that happening.

I hope we get our revenge when we face them in the league. Those 3 points could be more valuable end of the season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:02 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:38 pm wrote:Going out of the cup is one thing but going out in a manner that will go down in FA Cup and Manchester United folklore is  a real kick in the proverbials.
This game will be talked about for years and years like that 4-4 fifth round tie at Goodison which saw off Kenny.
I won’t be reading any papers or watching Sky Sports News for a week or two that’s for sure

I will be avoiding the sports pages for a while as well. However, when we thrash them in the league game  and crush their top 4 hopes it will shut them up.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:31 am

I normally hate international breaks because the media focus is on England and not Liverpool/the prem etc but for once I could do with a couple of low key weeks away from all things LFC.
After that second half performance against City last week confidence was sky high, the players chins must have been on the floor travelling back down the M62 last night. Talk about a turnaround.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games