brentford v LIVERPOOL Sat  17th Feb 12.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:03 pm

Apparently Nunez 'felt something' and was taken off as a precaution at half time.

Hopefully he's alright, but just seen the Jota injury again and it doesn't look good.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:24 pm

No it doesn't he seemed to land on Jota's knee.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:19 pm

That was a really big win, City and Arsenal would have had half an eye on that game today and would have been looking at it as a potential banana skin for us.
Obviously the injuries are a concern but Nunez’s substitution sounded precautionary and there didn’t seem much in the tackle on Jones it seemed innocuous so hopefully the news isn’t as bad as first feared.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:54 pm

Missed the game...great results...worried about the walking wounded
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:29 pm

Great result. Our history at Brentford is awful. Phenomenal assist from Diogo and a simply amazing finish from Darwin. Bad news Diogo getting injured but that Egyptian bloke with a brilliant assist and a great goal was an ok sub !!  :laugh: Macca continues to impress and Endo definitely makes a positive difference in midfield.

Shame that Championship bound Burnley rolled over against Arsenal. Let’s hope that Chelsh1t can do something against City. Some feckin hope !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:02 pm

devaney » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:29 pm wrote:...Let’s hope that Chelsh1t can do something against City. Some feckin hope !!

So far Chelsea is holding on to the slim lead and Haaland is missing sitters after sitters...then again I'm not holding my breath. This is the 2024 Chelsea after all  :laugh:

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:30 pm

City 1-1 Chelsea too bad Chelsea couldn't hold on but 2 points lost for City nevertheless. The way Haaland is missing clear chances, what will they say about Haaland vs Nunez now?

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:37 pm

Yeah too bad Chelsea couldn't win but then again I wasn't expecting City at home to drop points against them at all.

All in all a good weekend for us, we got 3 points and City got one so the title is back in our hands. Only worry is the injuries we got today. Hopefully they're not long term.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:54 pm

Great win and top performance all round... I'm absolutely loving not having my heart in my mouth every 5 mins with the ball over to our RB position.
I love Trent but on current showing Bradley is a better RB all day long (it's not even close) WITH the attacking threat that Klopp's system requires.

For me it's Bradley at RB and TAA pushed further forward when all are fit ad firing :-

Ali

Bradley    Konate    VVD     Robbo

Endo/Mac

TAA                  Jones/ Szoboslai

Salah      Jota            Nunez

That setup wins the league IMHO
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:42 pm

Some pretty beefy challenges from Brentford today. Klopp going mental at the kicking Bradley was getting as well.
It's a worry right now with the length of the injury list, I think I've lost track at this stage.
That Chavski result will definitely set them up for the final. They should have had more than one, only for that donkey Jackson up front. I fkin' hate them as much as City though.
So am a little bit worried right now. Arsenal thumping Burnley is also not good news for us. And City will thump their next opponents.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:28 am

Good win, Darwin goal was exquisite, thought Mac and Endo played well. Bradley imo should be our regular RB. As electrum said play trent more further.

City dropping points is a welcome bonus. By end of March will get a better picture of how things will unfold.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:50 am

Seeing that challenge again where Jota got injured i cannot believe no action was taken as Noorgard just jump right into him, not going for a header or anything it was totally wreckless.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:02 pm

Boocity » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:50 am wrote:Seeing that challenge again where Jota got injured i cannot believe no action was taken as Noorgard just jump right into him, not going for a header or anything it was totally wreckless.

The ref was awful, he gave them foul after foul for essentially flopping on the floor at the slightest contact whilst at the same time allowing them to get stuck right into our players, I couldn’t believe it when he waived away their claims when Robbo barged into Toney in the box, given the way he had reffed the game up to that point i was expecting a pen and a 10 match ban for Andy!
You could clearly see the frustration getting to our players, they were pretty much throwing their arms up in despair the entire game at his antics.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
Boocity » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:50 am wrote:Seeing that challenge again where Jota got injured i cannot believe no action was taken as Noorgard just jump right into him, not going for a header or anything it was totally wreckless.

The ref was awful, he gave them foul after foul for essentially flopping on the floor at the slightest contact whilst at the same time allowing them to get stuck right into our players, I couldn’t believe it when he waived away their claims when Robbo barged into Toney in the box, given the way he had reffed the game up to that point i was expecting a pen and a 10 match ban for Andy!
You could clearly see the frustration getting to our players, they were pretty much throwing their arms up in despair the entire game at his antics.

Was it not Mc Alister who crocked jota ?

Anyway that was a potential banana skin but credit to the lads for getting stuck in for what was a decent win in the end.

Delighted with Bradley even though I was skeptical at the start of the season but he's clearly shown himself to be better than Trent in that position.

Luton now midweek so get those points in the bag before we go to Wembley and then hopefully we start to get 1 or 2 back for when we resume league action.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:36 pm

Almost certain it was Christian Norgaard mate, it was a strange challenge he just leapt into Diogo and crashed into him. I’m pretty sure his foot made contact with Diogo’s nether regions as well which just shows you how high Norgaard jumped.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games