LIVERPOOL v man utd Sun 17th Jan 4.30pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:30 pm

Mathematically it’s not a must win, we could lose or draw this game on Sunday and still be crowned champions in May but from a psychological point of view I think a loss would make it very difficult for us to retain the title.
So in other words what is already a huge game just got bigger.
COYR.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:49 pm

If the likes of Trent and Mo have taken heed of well placed words to get their friggin' fingers out we should win this 3-0. If the team continues to mope around making 900 passes and having 75% possession we  may well lose 1-0. It's up to how much the players want to win. The fans want to win for sure!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:21 pm

We better show up for this and put in a performance as we have had more than enough time to prepare.

Klopp needs to have them ready for this. They have been pi$$ poor the last few games and looked like we hadn't a clue .  We need to show more urgency with the ball and more again when we don't.  Its manure so the motivation to win has got to be there.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:40 pm

A loss and we would be 6 points behind United and potentially 5 behind City, If they win their games.

We have another half of the season to go, however it is time that we got back into gear and go full throttle on the title.

Confidence and momentum is with United, who would not mind a draw. I can see them playing it cautious and looking for a quick counter goal. They have some speedy players and with the quality of Bruno anything is possible. We need to stay sharp at the back and more importantly fekin finish our chances. Thiago will be springing and creating chances so it is upto the lads up top to make good use of his deliveries.

Nervous about this one... If we click I can see a 3-1 victory.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:11 pm

Our boys need to find their form again, starting tomorrow. We haven't lost at Anfield for a long time and we shouldn't be letting the mancs end the run. It won't be the end of the world if we draw but for me, it's a must win game.

I expect to see this team:

Alisson

Trent
Rhys or Phillips
Fabinho
Robbo

Gini
Hendo
Thiago

Salah
Mane
Firmino
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:33 pm

I have a sense that Rashford and Cavani are only kicking their lips at the prospect of either Williams or Phillips on Sunday.
As a result, I am kinda sh1ttin' me bags over this game.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:59 pm

I must admit, I haven’t been this nervous playing ManUre in a while. On paper we are on a different level but on form it is a different story. How an early goal would help our cause by opening them up a little, leaving more space for our forwards. Pivotal match we need to win and I am hoping Thiago’s class sets the pattern for the rest of the season. The boys have had a nice little break to recharge whereas ManUre had a tough midweek match so they could fade as the match goes on. It is time for the team to play with a little anger and really take it to them like we did last year so many times.

COYR
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:32 am

I'm also a little nervous about Thiago's temperament. Saw him getting booked very early and the ref having a few words with him after that. Knowing the cynical kuntz that the Filth are, I can see them playing up to that.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:47 am

We need to snuff out Fernandes, maybe we could play Milly for the first ten minutes of the match to go in and do a number on him “ sorry ref, I thought I got the ball”  :)

Fernandes is a cheat anyway  :cool:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:17 pm

Matip trained on Friday so as long as everything went ok he should start. With Matip alongside Fabinho and Thaigo now back with some game time and proper training under his belt I'm feeling pretty confident. It will be interesting to see how Klopp has used 8 days without a game. He mentioned that it gives him the rare opportunity to do some proper 11 Vs 11 training and work on tactical things. Might have come just at the right time.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:21 pm

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:14 pm

At best he's months away from being available. I'm guessing he wants to make a push to captain the Netherlands at the Euros but that might be rushing it a little.
Eagle

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:58 pm

I believe that only a win will suffice. The COVID-19 league of 20/21 is looking crazy. Very little between the top 9 places. Time for everybody to step up and get us back on track. It is feckin yonks since we went 4 games without a win !! It won’t be easy but we can win it and make sure these sh1tbags don’t stay at the top for long.Their confidence needs a good knock !!

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:54 pm

Ally, Trent, Hendo, Fab, Robbo, Gini, Thiago, Shaq, Sadio, Bobby, Mo

It’s a game we really need to win and to be fair to Jurgen he’s gone with an attacking line up.
Thiago, Shaq, Sadio, Bobby and Mo all on the pitch at the same time is great to see, it’s up to the players now to make it work.
COYR.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:18 pm

It was my birthday yesterday so hoping for a present.. defence is a worry but the midfield and forwards are still superior. I fancy a two goal win. Come on you redmen!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games