VAR Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:38 am

devaney » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:59 am wrote: VAR isn’t great but it is better than complete and utter ineptitude.

Var is a complete and utter failure in it's present format.....I can't believe anyone thinks on pitch decisions in football has been improved over the last 18 months because of Var. We shouldn't have to wait over 30 seconds for a "clear and obvious" mistake .........
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:23 pm

devaney » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:26 am wrote:https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/ranking-the-premier-league-clubs-by-who-is-most-affected-by-var-in-2020-21/

Take a look at this link. And to think last year numerous opposing supporters and especially City’s entitled shower of prat’s christened us LiVARpool !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:32 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:39 pm

I was an advocate of VAR when it was introduced but it's not working and it's not even getting better. Chris Foy's statement that it was a penalty is rubbish. We need to go right back to basics here if it has any hope of being successful - for penalties and off-sides. What do we want from it? We want penalties to be given if a clear goal-scoring chance in the box is denied by a foul. And, we want off-sides to be given if the attacking player is unequivocally off-side giving him an unfair advantage. The current process for both of these is a mess. All this slow-motion, zoomed in footage is useless for making either of these decisions correctly, we show examples of both yesterday.

Off-sides should be clearly off-side, the tech is there to demonstrate this, we are just trying to be too clever at the minute. All we need to do is draw a relatively thick line (eg. representing 5cm diameter in full size) along the furthest back part of the defender that can play the ball. Then look at the line and see if the attacker is off-side. If you can't see the attacker beyond the line he's on-side. 1cm ahead of the defender shouldn't be off-side, it's too difficult for the officials (where do you drop the line from etc. etc.), give the attacking player the (5cm) benefit of the doubt. Quick and easy.

Penalties should only be given when a clear goal-scoring chance is denied by a foul. This means zoomed out and watched at full speed before zoomed in slow-mo. And it really should be a clear and obvious mistake, otherwise the decision isn't over-turned. Yesterday the striker wasn't in control of the ball and was nowhere near scoring, Robinsons contact made f*ck all difference to his chances of scoring a goal and yet we lost 2 points because they got a penalty. Ludicrous. That's not football, that's not the point of the penalty system. That's not proportionate. Amazing the PL refs have forgotten this. A penalty should only be given when a goal-scoring chance is illegally stopped. All strikers are trying to win penalties now, it's more profitable than trying to cross or score in many areas of the box - that is not football.

As it is I'd happily scrap VAR and revert back to live action, celebrations and the rest. It's total ***** and I'm sick of it.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:06 am

Until this f**k*n sh*t show is F**k*d off or used only for "clear and obvious" mistakes and "deliberate handling of the ball, then I have just watched my last televised game. If this pathetic corrupt group of wannabe famous officials aren't disbanded and replaced with officials who can interpret the laws of the game properly and will only act as an aid to the on field referee when called upon, then I will not be attending live football again. 40 years a season ticket holder and I've never been so out of love with the game as I am now.  :help  :down:
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:19 pm

supersub » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:06 am wrote:Until this f**k*n sh*t show is F**k*d off or used only for "clear and obvious" mistakes and "deliberate handling of the ball, then I have just watched my last televised game. If this pathetic corrupt group of wannabe famous officials aren't disbanded and replaced with officials who can interpret the laws of the game properly and will only act as an aid to the on field referee when called upon, then I will not be attending live football again. 40 years a season ticket holder and I've never been so out of love with the game as I am now.  :help  :down:
I agree 100%..

I think the Mane goal is the first goal that I've not celebrated, and its because you never know if it's gonna stand or not.

It's gonna suck the atmosphere out of live games if it carries on the way it is. Every weekend I'm left frustrated with the decisions going against us through bad officiating. My wife has started moaning at me for football literally ruining my mood over our weekends off together.

I'm falling out of love with the game... And I feel sorry for the team and the backroom staff who put so much effort during the week to prepare for games only to be screwed over by horrible decisions.

And what's even more infuriating is that managers and players are silenced so they can't speak out over these issues.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:23 pm

Been saying the same things as above from day one about VAR. It's ruining the game and should be scrapped.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:18 am

Received an email yesterday to register for the ballot for Wolves game. With a heavy heart I have decided not to reply because the thought of paying £45 to sit in a stand surrounded by empty seats on a cold December Sunday night knowing that the result will be decided by a bunch of crooks in TV studio , is just not the game of football I have loved all my life....I have watched football in all it's simplest of forms; even school kids kicking a tennis ball around, with jumpers for posts, I have enjoyed but this PremVar league is unbearable.....
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:54 am

People power folks, simple as that. If everyone votes with their feet (hard at the moment I know) once the crowds are let back in to capacity, it'll soon become apparent it's effecting the games, TV companies will lose money, clubs will unfortunately lose income but lets face it, we've just spent 8 months or so with empty stadiums! VAR needs to be gone but they'll never look at that option until people start to rise against it in an effective manner.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:35 pm

Nice idea but it's seriously taken away some of the enjoyment of the game so can it from next season and accept that refs will get some stuff wrong. 21/22 season with full stadiums and no VAR would be bliss.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:00 am

VAR Corrupt...used by officials that are corrupt,inept or f***ing imbeciles
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:17 am

supersub » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:00 am wrote:VAR Corrupt...used by officials that are corrupt,inept or f***ing imbeciles

I’ve said it before, just a way to have one individual control the fate of matches hidden away from scrutiny. System is flawed and ripe for corruption.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:03 pm

FIFA, UEFA, IOC... just about every sporting organisation is riddled with corruption so why wouldn't the golden opportunity that VAR presents not also be?

It's so sad because what was required was a simple mechanism to check whether a goal had been scored. Instead it's been taken over by the devil himself with some of the terrible extremes they've gone to always to DISALLOW a goal, rather than to give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking side.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:55 pm

One of the main reasons I am loving football less and less... :down:
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:54 pm

VAR along with no supporters is killing football.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion