Everton v's LIVERPOOL  17th October 12:30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:39 pm

Just one word - Robbed.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:06 pm

I really hope vvd isn't out to long doesn't sound good when klopp states he's played with injuries and just gets on but this time he had to leave. I've always said we should have bought another top centre half cause if we lose vvd we are goosed.
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby electrum » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:37 pm

If VVD is out for a few weeks (I REALLY hope its less than that not longer) we have to play Fab and Matip as Central defence IMO.

Thiago , Hendo and Wijnaldum in midfield would be silk and steel, same as today.

I really would like to see Jota start in a central role with Mane and Salah either side of him in a home game ASAP as well.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:07 pm

Read somewhere VVD might be out for the season. It seemed like an unreliable source but if it's true we might as well give everyone else a rest until August.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:13 pm

damjan193 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:07 pm wrote:Read somewhere VVD might be out for the season. It seemed like an unreliable source but if it's true we might as well give everyone else a rest until August.

Fvcking hell.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:58 pm

The game as a spectator sport is free falling to the abyss . It will survive in some form to make lots of cash for the elite but I'm struggling to recognise the game I loved to play and watch. VAR is the final nail that will destroy the beautiful game. Corruption is rife and unaccountable
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:15 pm

They are fearing VVD is out for the season. If so, we are royally screwed. With Matips injury record and Gomez being inconsistent who can we rely on at the back?
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:46 pm

They don’t know the severity of Virgil’s injury yet but the fella from the Echo (Neil Doyle) is saying that he left hospital on crutches. Just saw a clip where Andy Gray of all people was saying that both Virgil and Sadio were clearly onside, apparently both the offside and handball rules were changed at the end of last season, apparently your arm can’t be offside, it has to be a part of your body that you can score with.
We’ve been properly shafted by the officials today, they don’t even know their own rules.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:59 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:15 pm wrote:They are fearing VVD is out for the season. If so, we are royally screwed. With Matips injury record and Gomez being inconsistent who can we rely on at the back?

If Van Dijk is out for any significant length of time we may as well pack up and go home now, teams will just do what Everton did today i.e get high balls into the box. As we saw we couldn’t cope, they scored 2 headers and hit the post with a third, that was in a game we largely dominated. Whilst we are on the subject of defending Trent has got to do more to stop crosses coming in from his flank too, I know it’s hard getting up and down the line all day but he’s got to become more defensively aware. Teams deffo see his flank as an Achilles Heel.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:04 pm

That tackle gets worse each time I see it. Gutted if it's an ACL injury
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby eds » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:14 am

What a disgraceful, farcical and embarrassing game that was for the referees and VAR.

Not a single person on the planet other than that numbskull making the call in the VAR room thought that Mane was offside.

As for Pickford and Richarlison, if any of you lads see them around town please fly kick them in the head a few times and then promptly tell them you slipped over and it was an accident.........

Neverton, what an absolutely horrendous football club they are. Small club with tiny ambitions playing with filthy tactics.

Losing VVD for the season and Thiago for who knows how long is too much too stomach right now.  :veryangry

Was very much against Project Big picture, but now after that display the league and irrelevant teams like the blue sh.it can go f.uc.k themselves.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:23 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote: apparently both the offside and handball rules were changed at the end of last season, apparently your arm can’t be offside, it has to be a part of your body that you can score with.

Hands have to be by the side or its handball and it has to be a part of the body you are legally allowed to score with is what they said.

That today was total bull, from the officials and the Muppet in the truck. Its that blatant that I would even have sympathy for Manure if it happened to them. Pickfords Challenge was high and reckless and its a disgrace how he got away with it. Every bit as bad as Richarlisons.

Mane was clearly onside for Hendo's winner. Even the image they used was being discussed after the game and they were saying Thiago had already struck the ball. Its hard not to feel anything other than cheated.  One incident like this is not supposed to happen in a game but when it happens twice your being robbed.

supersub wrote:The game as a spectator sport is free falling to the abyss . It will survive in some form to make lots of cash for the elite but I'm struggling to recognise the game I loved to play and watch. VAR is the final nail that will destroy the beautiful game. Corruption is rife and unaccountable

Agree with this. It continues to be abused and often its so blatant that you have to rub your eyes to be sure you actually seen it. Who didn't leave the seat when Hendo scored only to have it reversed for some ridiculous elbow offside excuse. Whats the point if you can't celebrate goals when they happen because you have to get approval from a TV screen.
Corruption is rife in that league for years. Far to much money involved for there not to be.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:53 am

The fact we bounced back well after Villa and played some cracking football is over shadowed by the incompetence of both the ref and the VAR tw@t.

How could a referee and 2 linesmen NOT take action against the retard in goal after such a careless clattering tackle? They hide behind the VAR idiot who should never be allowed to judge VAR again? Why is it rugby has made a total success of VAR yet football are incapable of making correct decisions. The FA and Referees society should be ashamed of themselves. As for Richarlson ('king stupid name) he's just an out and out thug yet all his team mates protested around the ref like it was Thiago's fault! That Rodriguez is going to get his come uppence.. hopefully soon.

Big shout out to Hendo who played superbly, by far the MOTM, wonderful touches and thoroughly deserved his goal at the end. Again the corrupt official made a complete fool of himself in front of the whole world and I would seriously like to know what the FA is going to do about it.

Another mention to big Joel Matip in his first game back for many months, straight back into it and did well to go the 90 minutes. Stay injury free Joel, we're going to need you mate!

As usual, the Bitters played like the gang of thugs they are and were lucky to get a point.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:12 am

Agree with all, decisions like this make one want to give up watching footy. This feels worse than the Villa result, fecking incompetent w@nkers, fek the ref, fek pr1ckford, fek Var and the lot of them.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:17 am

VAR  was supposed to add clarity and fairness to football and was there to oversee the referee’s decisions, football has become a shambles since VAR and those with authority are in real danger of having their meal ticket implode around them. I think video cameras should be in the VAR booth so we can see the faces of these idiots as they make unbelievably stupid decisions that change the course of games. If their faces were plastered all over after stupid mistakes, they will will be more careful and likely to call it straight. Have any of the VAR officials that have made stupid calls from last season and this ever been punished? Have they recruited different staff after last year’s constant mistakes or are they the same individuals rehashed? There seems to be no accountability.

It seems like VAR has just helped the authorities control the results of matches, the opposite of what was supposed to happen.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games