After 29 LONG years, this is finally our season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red Rum » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:13 pm

It's not quite over...YET!

However, expecting Burnley, Leicester and Brighton to pull off a little magic act is  away with the fairies.

If we get 97 points and DON'T win the league, where does this leave us???

if we get knocked out by Barca in the CL, where does this leave us???

Not winning anything this season is unthinkable IMHO, and Klopp has spent over 300m.

We need at least one trophy this season...
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:16 pm

Shut up you tart...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Penguins » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:19 pm

That's just a bunch of drivel.
So what if you spent money? City spent more.
And not winning the CL is no shame. Barca got the best player in the world and they also have spent a ton of money.

We had a good season even if we won't win anything.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:53 am

This is the best shape we’ve seen the club in for over 30 years - owners, directors/management, manager and squad, stadium and training ground. What we’ve built over the last 2 seasons is long term. Anyone who can’t see that should stick to watching cartoons.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:53 am

We have done remarkably well to keep up with those lot. Still not over yet but looks likely City will win it now.
To compete with them you have to be flawless throughout the season and can only get away with a few blips. Very difficult to compete with.

I would love if if we somehow manage to despatch Barca and win the UCL. Klopp finally would get rewarded with a trophy he deserves.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:09 am

redshade » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:53 am wrote:We have done remarkably well to keep up with those lot. Still not over yet but looks likely City will win it now.
To compete with them you have to be flawless throughout the season and can only get away with a few blips. Very difficult to compete with.

I would love if if we somehow manage to despatch Barca and win the UCL. Klopp finally would get rewarded with a trophy he deserves.

I'm not sure what more we can do to be honest. If we miss out on the league, it's more down to what City have done rather than what we didn't do imo. Could argue when we had the 7 point lead, we could maybe made more of that and held on to some sort of lead deeper into the season but any way you look at it, to miss out on the title with 97 points and 1 loss all season is insane. Still 3 games to go and anyone can slip up but I felt they'd draw at least one of the games v spurs and utd. Coming out of those two with 6 points has probably done wonders for their confidence and struggling to see Burnley, Leicester and Brighton cause them any problems to be honest but you never know.

Up to now City have some how managed to raise the bar and do what they had to do. I really think them getting knocked out the CL just before their crucial league games v spurs and Utd has unfortunately given them a kick up the backside at precisely the right time for them and reset their focus.
Doeboy

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:01 pm

On the one hand I want to go off on a rant about how we blew away  a 7 point lead  :angry:

But on the other hand I have to be proud of what our team has done this season,  :bowdown

It's not over yet but I'm no longer hopeful ,  :(

My focus now is on how we progress in the Champions League  :buttrock

Looking forward, have to admit that I'm concerned that our lads can "go again" to the same level next season   :(

They've all given it the best they have, can they do it again ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby electrum » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:21 pm

The great thing is that pressure and the handling of it will be as much a part of deciding the destination of the PL title as the opponents   you are up against.

I still have a sneaky feeling that Burnley could be City's undoing- a draw would do nicely just so it's back in our hands with two left to play.

Also even if City are a point ahead on the last day and we are leading at half time and they are drawing...

I would say it's just too early to give it up as lost...Belief is half of the winning...so the Redmen need to keep the belief..let's make it easier for them, all those who make it to match days sing till you drop.  :nod
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:35 pm

Been a long time since my last post.

However I have to say that to score a potential 97 points in a season and not win the league is massive. It just shows just how good City are and we are still pushing them right to the wire.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Yes we dropped points but no more than we should really (and we have lost only once)!.

Still in the hunt for the CL as well.

In terms of improvement we have come a million miles and it has been a great season if we win the title, the CL or neither.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:51 pm

crazyhorse » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:35 pm wrote:Been a long time since my last post.

However I have to say that to score a potential 97 points in a season and not win the league is massive. It just shows just how good City are and we are still pushing them right to the wire.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Yes we dropped points but no more than we should really (and we have lost only once)!.

Still in the hunt for the CL as well.

In terms of improvement we have come a million miles and it has been a great season if we win the title, the CL or neither.

Welcome back fella  :nod

You're right, it's been a stella season and the future is very bright, regardless of what happens at the end.  Klopp will clear out the likes of Sturridge, Lallana, Moreno and Origi in the summer and add more depth to the squad.

I honestly think we're on the verge of a new era of LFC dominance. I've never been so optimistic  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:22 pm

I’m mentally knackered and incredibly proud. Last nights result against a relatively feeble United will be massive motivation to give Barca a damn good kicking !!

It’s not over yet !!

NIL DESPERANDUM
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:42 pm

Yup like many said it is not over until they are crowned champions. I really hope we beat Barca and head to another final. We beat them and I'm confident we will win UCL. Spurs and Ajax are good but not that good.

As for next season our transfers wl be interesting. Klopp has stated he feels it will be a quite window. I still will expect a couple of signings.

We think this season was nervy await for what occurs in the next one. Every result will be crucial from game 1 as we are expected to compete for the title. Given we will compete with City we have to try and be flawless aiming for 100 points.
Last edited by redshade on Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:44 pm

We are not a well oiled machine the way City are at the moment. For long stretches of the season, we weren't playing with dominance. We were grinding out results. And I believe that was the reason that led to the series of draws which are currently costing us. But yes, it is not over yet till the fat lady sings. And my hope for next season is that the team's high level performances could be more consistent
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:01 am

Add to that how well our U23 and U18 teams have done this season and you realise how well run and successful the club is becoming, there is a clear 5-10 year game plan equal to anything City have, simply at a quarter of the cost. Compare with the shambles United have become as a club and how their first team is so publicly mocked.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:41 pm

Sorry about my little rant earlier folks, I'll just be gutted if we don't end up with any silverware this season at all.

if we get as much as 97 points, can we achieve the same fete next season?   It just shows how you need a flawless season to lift the title with little margins for errors.

3 games to play, it's not quite over yet, we just need a bit of "devine intervention"..

I just feel the manager, the players and the fans deserve to win something this season after the efforts, the rebuilding of the squad and the patience shown by the fans in the 3.5 seasons Klopp has been at the Helm.

..im keeping my fingers crossed still. :buttrock
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion