Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedBlood » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:33 pm

JoeTerp wrote:tonights lineup:
                         Gulacsi
Darby    San Jose         Agger    Insua
  Flynn    Spearing       Plessis     Putterill
            Brouwer          Nemeth
Subs: Bouzanis, Huth, Kelly, Bruna, and Crowther

Based on the fact that both Kelly (who can play CB or RB (preferred RB)) AND Huth (CB) are the subs bench I would think Agger is likely to come off at half time for Huth.  again I REALLY want to see Bruna subbed on for Jordy Bouwer as early as possible, and where the hell is Pacheco? ??? This is two ressie games in a row he isn't even on the bench!

perhaps hes carrying a knock?? but he should atleast be on the bench

good experience for insua, san jose and darby playing with agger

also brouwer i know hes young and technically hes sound but he hasnt got the pace aggression or strength to make it in the prem
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby username » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:21 pm

1-0, good goal by nemeth

btw... Pacheco is current on Spain U17 training camp
http://www.rfef.es/index.jsp?nodo=39&CATEGORIA=7&ID=599
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:29 am

username wrote:1-0, good goal by nemeth

btw... Pacheco is current on Spain U17 training camp
http://www.rfef.es/index.jsp?nodo=39&CATEGORIA=7&ID=599

that makes sense because Ablett said the only reason Pacheco wasn't in the side last week was because he had to make room for Agger, Skrtel, Alonso, and Kewell

Also learned from the interview that Leto hasn't been playing because of some paperwork issue
JoeTerp

Postby RedBlood » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:01 pm

paperwork?? thats rediculous
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:49 pm

its with his passport or work permit or something, putterill has been playing better of late anyway
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:04 pm

REDS ON LOAN WATCH
Steve Hunter 07 March 2008
Liverpool have nine players out on loan at various parts of the country and the continent at the moment. Here's how they are getting on.
Danny Guthrie

The midfielder came on as a 67th minute substitute for Bolton during their 1-1 draw with Sporting Lisbon in the UEFA Cup on Thursday night. He has been in good form for the Trotters and has put in several Man of the Match performances for Gary Megson's side.

Scott Carson

Scott continues to impress as Martin O'Neill's Number One at Villa Park. He is a popular figure amongst the Villa faithful and has been in great form.

Jack Hobbs

The centre half is enjoying regular football at Scunthorpe United but has found himself playing at right back. He scored during a 3-2 defeat to Stoke and the Iron are currently fighting for their Championship survival.

Anthony Le Tallec

The once proclaimed French gem is on loan back in his homeland at Le Mans and suffered mixed fortunes in his latest outing. He scored during a 2-1 win at Valenciennes but was then sent-off. Le Mans are currently fifth in Ligue One.

Godwin Antwi

Godwin is on a season long loan at Hartlepool United. The powerful centre half has made 26 appearances in the league for the North East side and has played mostly at right back.

Paul Anderson

The winger is currently on the sidelines with a hamstring strain but he has had a good season so far for Swansea City and has scored nine goals. The Swans have a nine point lead at the top of the League One table.

Adam Hammill

The lively winger has been a regular member of the Southampton first team squad but has found it hard to nail down a regular place in the starting line-up. He last played for the first team during a 1-1 draw against Scunthorpe United on February 23, when he came on as a 57th minute substitute.

Robbie Threlfall

The left back returned to the Hereford United starting line-up for last weekend's 1-0 defeat at Stockport County. The Bulls are currently fourth in League Two and he is on loan at Edgar Street until the end of the season.

Miki Roque

Miki is on a season long loan at Spanish Second Division side Xerez CD and has been a regular member of their team. Unfortunately it has been a disappointing season for the Spanish side who are bottom of the league.

# Meanwhile, Craig Lindfield is back at Melwood after his loan spell at Chester City came to an end.
JoeTerp

Postby RedBlood » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:21 am

i can see this boy playing first team football next year

krisztian nemeth: http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=kQBIEKEvKGY
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby big al » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:47 am

Flynn is the talent in the reserves not nemeth (who i love). This Flynn kid, only 17 could and should figure in the premiership this season even as a sub.  Hes a irish boy wonder.  Honestly I am not Biased (he's a southerner)
Last edited by big al on Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:40 pm

last time I checked, Ryan Flynn was Scottish, and he turns 20 next month, he is not 17. AND he is only playing because Leto is having passport issues. I like Flynn, but he hasn't showed much to warrant playing in the first team, there are several players about him on that list. When Flynn was on loan to Hereford, he couldn't get a game before he got injured
JoeTerp

Postby RedBlood » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:34 pm

Nathan Eccleston was back amongst the goals as Liverpool Under-18s beat Barnsley 3-0 in their lastest Academy match on Saturday. 
The England youth international scored his 18th goal of the season as Hughie McAuley's side warmed up for their midweek trip to the United Arab Emirates.

After a goalless first half Liverpool stepped up the pace in the second half and the Tykes had no answer. Rising starlet, 16-year-old Adam Pepper scored his first goal for the Under-18s and Astrit Ajdarevic was also on the mark.

"We played really well in the second half and we could have scored a lot more than three in the end," McAuley told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"Barnsley worked very hard in the first half to stop us but we were much better in the second period. Our passing was a lot sharper and we played some good football.

"Astrit scored an excellent goal when he beat two defenders and found the net from the edge of the box. Nathan then set up Adam who scored our second goal with a finish similar to what you would expect from Michael Owen.

"Nathan got a deserved goal when he finished well after some excellent play from David Amoo. David then hit the bar and he was a constant threat to the Barnsley defence. He was unlucky not to score today."

Liverpool Under-18s team: Chris Oldfield, Michael Scott, Shane O'Connor, Jack Metcalf, Joe Kennedy, Sean Highdale (Mattone Awang 85), David Amoo, Astrit Ajdarevic, Adam Pepper (Ben Parsonage 80), Nathan Eccleston, Alex Kacaniklic. Sub unused: Martin Hansen (GK).
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:15 am

ARGENTINE STARLET SIGNS PRO DEAL
Steve Hunter 14 March 2008
Argentine starlet Gerardo Bruna has signed his first professional contract at Liverpool which will keep him at Anfield until the summer of 2010.
The 17-year-old midfielder joins Spanish youngsters Daniel Pacheco and Daniel Ayala in signing pro-contracts with the club.

Bruna, who came from Real Madrid's youth Academy, is an attacking left sided midfield player who has been a regular member of Gary Ablett's reserve team squad this season.

"Gerardo has a lot of talent and he is one for the future," Ablett told Liverpoolfc.tv.

big week for the young lads the U19s are playing in Dallas and the U18s are playing in the UAE. Hopefully we will get nothing but good news from both tournaments. Sad for the couple of players that can't go like Plessis, but SOOO happy that JOrdy has to stay on :D

Goalscorer from yesterday and U16 "next mikey owen" adam pepper is going to the UAE because i think pourie has a knock and pacheco and bruna will be with the young ressies. can't wait to see what he and Lauri dalle valle (very highly rated) can do with amoo and ecceston and astrit
JoeTerp

Postby RedBlood » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:11 am

can you tell me more about Lauri dalle valle and adam pepper? cant say i know much about them heard peppers name mentioned before but never seen any of them play
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:55 pm

ABLETT: WE COULD HAVE HAD MORE
Jimmy Rice 17 March 2008
Gary Ablett claims his reserves could have scored more in their Dallas Cup opener against FK Slavija – despite the game ending 7-1.
The Bosnia and Herzegovina side were dismantled on Sunday night thanks to goals from Gerardo Bruna (2), Ray Putterill (2), Craig Lindfield, Ryan Flynn and Jay Spearing.

It puts the Reds top of Super Group B ahead of their second fixture against Tigres from Mexico tonight.

Ablett said: "The game was comfortable and we could have had more. Their goalkeeper played very well.

"They were a niggly side: pulling shirts and falling over. They played man for man but we managed to get a 2-1 lead at half-time.

"We passed the ball really well in the second half, ran the legs off them and they couldn't cope in the last 30 minutes."

The game was played out in the famous Pizza Hut Park Stadium in front of a crowd which included Tom Hicks Jr.

Ablett added: "It was a fantastic venue and a great pitch. There were about 4,000 or 5,000 people there and they saw a good performance from a good Liverpool team.

"We spoke to Tom Hicks Jr and his brother – they've been magnificent and have really looked after us. They're taking us to see their ice hockey team on Wednesday and possibly the NBA on Thursday. The hospitality has been fantastic."

Despite all this, the 10-day trip hasn't gone entirely to plan so far, with Hungarian trio Krisztian Nemeth, Peter Gulacsi and Andras Simon having to stay behind due to paperwork issues.

Ablett is hoping this will be sorted on Tuesday and they'll be available for the third group game against Japanese team Ryutsu Keizai on Wednesday night.

Stay logged on to .tv for all the latest from Dallas.

I laughed out loud when I read "FAMOUS Pizza Hut Park"  Lakers are in Dallas on Tuesday and Celtics on Thurday, should be some great games for lads to watch :D

don't know much about either player they are both U16s all I know is that Lauri came in with a lot of hype from Finland (supposed to be their greatest ever export, Hyypia was essential in recruiting him, he was at Inter last year but came back to finland in the fall because he was homesick then we got him in january) but I wonder how good could he be if he hadn't been playing for the U18s staight away, but I have read that he is a goal machine at the U16s, he has some clips on youtube but none of them are overly impressive.
JoeTerp

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:00 pm

i heard carson had a howler of a game for villa recently. any one thinks he should stay here? i honestly prefer him to itandge cause he is english and an international.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:11 pm

I think he wants first team football, I say keep Itandje for a year and loan out David martin, then sell Itandje and use martin as cover.  Reina is going to be the long term answer for a LONG WHILE, just hope he stays injury free
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion