After 29 LONG years, this is finally our season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Thu May 02, 2019 4:51 am

Silly pointless comment no doubt after a few sherberts. Pull your skirt up and get over it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Thu May 02, 2019 5:57 pm

Reg » Thu May 02, 2019 3:51 am wrote:Silly pointless comment no doubt after a few sherberts. Pull your skirt up and get over it.

Sorry Reg, still fuming at the result, and the reality of us finishing klopps third full season without a single trophy, looms.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby eds » Thu May 02, 2019 11:10 pm

Klopp is a fantastic manager and has done wonders in getting this far in the league and CL.

That being said I starting to get very concerned that he can’t seem to win the super important games like the UEFA and CL finals.

Really hoping we can break the duck otherwise, it’s something that will be discussed / analysed in infinite  detail next season already putting incredible unnecessary pressure on us before the season even starts.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Fri May 03, 2019 8:25 am

eds » Thu May 02, 2019 10:10 pm wrote:Klopp is a fantastic manager and has done wonders in getting this far in the league and CL.

That being said I starting to get very concerned that he can’t seem to win the super important games like the UEFA and CL finals.

Really hoping we can break the duck otherwise, it’s something that will be discussed / analysed in infinite  detail next season already putting incredible unnecessary pressure on us before the season even starts.

Sh*t Eds something we can agree on  :laugh: Don’t you think though this season he has been incredibly unlucky coming up against the juggernaut that is City. As for the CL luck played a massive part against Barca and we didn’t get any !! Having said that our away performances in the CL have poor this season especially in the group stage. I just wonder if he is an unlucky manger. In several of the cup finals he has lost it has been by small margins and luck has played its part.

I just hope your bessie mate comes up with the goods against City on Sunday because my god Klopp deserves to win something. Rafa and Roy have already done the honours, now it Brendogs turn !! Mind you we have the not too easy task of Newcastle away on Saturday night before that.

COYR
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri May 03, 2019 7:45 pm

Klopps built an amazing team arguably the best since we last won the title but if we win nothing again I don't think it's unfair to ask questions.

He has started talking about destiny as if it might not be ours, maybe he is too focused on our style and his own ideology. By this I mean providing entertainment, developing players and a togetherness around the whole football club.

These are all wonderful values and I pray that it is rewarded with a trophy this season, if not then Klopp will have been less successful than pragmatists Houllier or Benitez.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Fri May 03, 2019 9:11 pm

parchpea » Fri May 03, 2019 7:45 pm wrote:Klopps built an amazing team arguably the best since we last won the title but if we win nothing again I don't think it's unfair to ask questions.

He has started talking about destiny as if it might not be ours, maybe he is too focused on our style and his own ideology. By this I mean providing entertainment, developing players and a togetherness around the whole football club.

These are all wonderful values and I pray that it is rewarded with a trophy this season, if not then Klopp will have been less successful than pragmatists Houllier or Benitez.

Both pragmatists never got anywhere near 91 points (possibly 97) The fact is that City have skewed the entire PL with their Oil rich owners..IMO "pound for pound" Klopp has done as well as anyone could...I'm hoping that Leicester get the draw and put our destiny back in our own hands- If they do that I reckon we will beat Wolves convincingly on the last day,
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Red Rum » Fri May 03, 2019 9:50 pm

parchpea » Fri May 03, 2019 6:45 pm wrote:Klopps built an amazing team arguably the best since we last won the title but if we win nothing again I don't think it's unfair to ask questions.

Interesting post parchpea. and I have a strong viewpoint on this , but it deserves it's own topic, and I am going to start a new topic related to this if we finish the season empty handed.

However, I am waiting until the end of the season before starting my new topic to discuss, as I feel now is a bit premature when there is still football to play, and nothing has been decided just yet...

I hold my breath...........for now!   :buttrock
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 03, 2019 11:45 pm

No club has got a God given right to win anything so fans can't demand their club wins silverware, what they can demand though is that the manager and players do the shirt proud and don't let the club down.
I don't think anyone could argue that Jurgen and the lads haven't done that this season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat May 04, 2019 12:18 am

Stick with Klopp and we will eventually get trophies. We are improving year after year since he has got here. Imagine how good we could potentially be in a couple of more years. We are not the finished article so still require tweaks here and there. I will be gutted if we don't finish this season with silverware however when you look at it fully there is plenty to be proud about.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat May 04, 2019 12:53 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 03, 2019 10:45 pm wrote:No club has got a God given right to win anything so fans can't demand their club wins silverware, what they can demand though is that the manager and players do the shirt proud and don't let the club down.
I don't think anyone could argue that Jurgen and the lads haven't done that this season.

Well said.
Doeboy

Postby maguskwt » Sat May 04, 2019 1:02 am

electrum » Fri May 03, 2019 8:11 pm wrote:
parchpea » Fri May 03, 2019 7:45 pm wrote:Klopps built an amazing team arguably the best since we last won the title but if we win nothing again I don't think it's unfair to ask questions.

Both pragmatists never got anywhere near 91 points (possibly 97) The fact is that City have skewed the entire PL with their Oil rich owners..IMO "pound for pound" Klopp has done as well as anyone could...I'm hoping that Leicester get the draw and put our destiny back in our own hands- If they do that I reckon we will beat Wolves convincingly on the last day,

I'm not saying that what Klopp's done is not great. To go toe to toe with one of the richest clubs in the world and an equally great opposing manager is nothing short of amazing. However, at the end of the day tropies are what matters and to me if we go empty handed this season, it would fall short from the treble winning season of houllier and it would be far less magical than the CL winninh season of Rafa. As great as Klopp maybe as a manager, if he doesnt win trophies, in my estimation at least he will be behind Rafa when we compare the modern managers of Liverpool.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun May 05, 2019 4:34 am

Over to City now on Monday common Leicester please get something off them. All these late wins must be a sign that we are destined to win the Epl this season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 05, 2019 9:55 am

Leicester won't get 5 million in add ons for Mahrez if City don't win the league, so I kinda lost my hopes now :(
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun May 05, 2019 10:26 am

I believe there is a 5-6 million pound difference between finishing 7th and 9th.

Also if Leicester win they have a very good chance of still finishing 7th and playing in the Europa league next season. That trumps any 5 million sell clause on for Mahrez.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby kazza » Sun May 05, 2019 12:13 pm

Rodgers will want Europe and if they win their two games and we beat Wolves then he will be in Europe. Leicester will give it everything to beat City just as Wolves will try to spoil our party
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion