Season review 2010/11 - The most significant for many many years

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:16 pm

laza wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:.
If KK had come sooner whos to say we would have finished in the top 5?

Too true , the one thing about Roy's short and doomed tenure that I will be forever grateful for. Was it coincided with necessary but rather bloody removal of the owner parasites.

Im glad Kenny wasnt in the coach's box while those leeches were in the director's box

My point exactly
The only evidence we have that KK would have done better if he'd have taken over earlier is the current run of form. There is no proof that if he had taken over from Hodgson sooner we'd have been in the top four or won the league. We can assume he would have done better but there are thousands of variables which change at any time and although it seems improbable that KK would have failed if he'd have taken over before he did, it is not impossible considering the sh'it that has gone on in the last 12 months.
Thommo's perm

Postby shabelle50 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:43 pm

I think we'd be in the top four or level with City now if KK had been in charge since last August but I don't think we'd have had more than 60 points at this stage and doubt we'd have been in the title race.
shabelle50

Postby Dalglish » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:04 am

A few have been a bit harsh on Reg for what is a well read and constructed post.

A review is exactly what is says......a review and you aren't going to get a minute detail account of what happened and when and why.

Progress HAS been made despite the loss of Torres and perhaps because of the loss of Torres.

By far the most important thing to happen this season has been the unhooking of G & H's grimy fingers from the stranglehood they possessed over the club and Kenny's appointment as manager.

Most important signing ? Not a player but Steve Clarke as assistant. He as much as anyone has effected some of the necessary changes required.

Most important Player signed ? Suarez and Meireles

Most important lesson ? Don't try and rearrange the deckchairs on the titanic, the club was sinking and we were debating the merits of Hodgson !

Walk on ...........Its what we do :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:10 am

I have no doubt that had Kenny taken over sooner we'd be in the top 4, absolutely no doubt considering how poor the ''top sides'' have been this year.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:36 pm

Dalglish wrote:A few have been a bit harsh on Reg for what is a well read and constructed post.

A review is exactly what is says......a review and you aren't going to get a minute detail account of what happened and when and why.

Progress HAS been made despite the loss of Torres and perhaps because of the loss of Torres.

By far the most important thing to happen this season has been the unhooking of G & H's grimy fingers from the stranglehood they possessed over the club and Kenny's appointment as manager.

Most important signing ? Not a player but Steve Clarke as assistant. He as much as anyone has effected some of the necessary changes required.

Most important Player signed ? Suarez and Meireles

Most important lesson ? Don't try and rearrange the deckchairs on the titanic, the club was sinking and we were debating the merits of Hodgson !

Walk on ...........Its what we do :)

Great post as usual mate,

the most important thing that came out this season is getting rid of the virus that was infesting this club, its legacy and future.

With stability we can look forward to the future
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:44 am

Look at it this way, Liverpool's 2010-2011 season was the most crazy, controversial but exciting at the same time I have seen in any club.

There is enough drama in 2010-2011 to make a days of our lives series based on it  :p  (The season review DVD will be like watching a drama anyway!)
killerp

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:57 am

killerp wrote:Look at it this way, Liverpool's 2010-2011 season was the most crazy, controversial but exciting at the same time I have seen in any club.

There is enough drama in 2010-2011 to make a days of our lives series based on it  :p  (The season review DVD will be like watching a drama anyway!)

Agreed

I'd love to see a trilogy of films made based on:
The madness of King George - Rafa
Titanic - Woy
The return of the King - Kenny
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby killerp » Mon May 02, 2011 2:38 am

Thommo's perm wrote:
killerp wrote:Look at it this way, Liverpool's 2010-2011 season was the most crazy, controversial but exciting at the same time I have seen in any club.

Agreed

I'd love to see a trilogy of films made based on:
The madness of King George - Rafa
Titanic - Woy
The return of the King - Kenny
:laugh:

spot on! :laugh:
killerp

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion