After 29 LONG years, this is finally our season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:27 pm

Well all we can do, is do our job until the end, like today. There's little hope left that City will drop points, but still, Burnley haven't lost this month and have won 3 of their last 4 games. Maybe they don't have anything to play for anymore, but still, I think they'd want City's scalp. There's also Brendan's Leicester, they've been in good form.

Let's face it guys, it's probably gone, but it's not over until it's over. Let's give it a go until the end.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:40 pm

damjan193 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:27 pm wrote:Well all we can do, is do our job until the end, like today. There's little hope left that City will drop points, but still, Burnley haven't lost this month and have won 3 of their last 4 games. Maybe they don't have anything to play for anymore, but still, I think they'd want City's scalp. There's also Brendan's Leicester, they've been in good form.

Let's face it guys, it's probably gone, but it's not over until it's over. Let's give it a go until the end.

He's going to stop them, it's written in the stars,,,,

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:29 am

Yup i said in another thread Woy has done it so has Rafa. Now it is Brendans turn to help us out.

Mark my words it will be a draw!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:37 pm

The Newcastle game sandwiched inbetween the CL ties is a potential banana skin, but I think the squad is more prepared for this final stretch of games than last year...and we seem to be peaking late too
Franky000

Postby eds » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:53 am

It would be hilarious if the used car salesman is able to get a result at Etihad.

Either way he owes us for losing the title all those years back against Chelsea.

The sh.it grinning smiling that he has, will be hung up in murals across Liverpool if he is able to pull it off.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Doeboy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:38 pm

Will say it again, if City go on to pip us to the league, I think them going out in the CL to spurs in the fashion they did will have played a big part imo. Really feel that moment would have given them that extra push and incentive to make sure they win the league and not just finish the season with the 2 domestic cups.

If they were still in the CL, something they've never won. I think part of them would have taken their eye very slightly off the ball when it comes to the league but the opposite has happened with them getting knocked out. I know a lot of people were happy they were knocked out but I'd prefer them to be in it and still have to juggle the competition with the league
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:42 pm

Yup i also feel it has backfired on us wanting them out. Maybe it would have been better if they were still competing. Anyhow i guess we will never now.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:11 pm

Think the only hope is if Leicester go to the Etihad and get something however still a long shot. City have got all week to rest up and prepare for that game so not holding my breath. Pretty much written off their game v Brighton as they are not a Burnley who can dig in and try and get a point. Suppose it's not over until all games have been played so who knows.
Doeboy

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:35 pm

29.51 milimetres over the line ffs :down: . Not surprised with our luck and everything.

Last chance is Brendan.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:31 pm

Well if Leicester can win all their matches and we beat Wolves then Leicester will be in Europe, they have a huge incentive to beat City
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:37 pm

kazza » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:31 pm wrote:Well if Leicester can win all their matches and we beat Wolves then Leicester will be in Europe, they have a huge incentive to beat City

I think City would have been in for a real tough ride had the game been at the King Power Stadium. However seeing as it will be City's last home game of the season, an evening game and that they have a full week to prepare for it, I'm not getting my hopes up. Leicester will have a go at least however think that could play into City's hands at the Etihad somewhat.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:07 pm

It is just difficult to compete with City. Going on a 14 winning run towards the end. 1 loss this year and in last 17 games 16 wins 1 loss.

How can you compete with that. We conquered, we huffed and puffed but what else can we do it is just not enough.

I'm just hoping we win UCL these bunch of lads and Klopp deserve a trophy.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:14 pm

If we manage to reach 97 points this season, HOW can we possibly improve on that next season?  It beggars belief.

I think our midfield is the reason, if we don't win the league. That's the reason we drew so many, and I always thought, Milner, Hendo and Lallana were never good enough to win you a CL or League title.
I just wish the OX hadn't got injured when he did, we really needed him this season.

I don't think we should be praying that Leicester or Brighton can do us the big favour we need. We lost this title when we had that huge points advantage, Lost at Man City and then drew a few others.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby eds » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:48 pm

To be honest it’s been so close that poor referee officiating has literally given City the title this season.

I’m convinced that our ball crossed the line in the City game, and the hawk eye technology wasn’t good enough to declare it not being a goal.

The Maguire decision in the Leicester game was an absolute disgrace, it was a blantant red while Naby was denied a stone wall penalty.

On the hand City had a run of 3-4 games were they were given farcical penalty decisions and ridiculous hand ball decisions that led to their goals.

Simply put with VAR we would be a number of points clear of City. We were just one season to short.
Last edited by eds on Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:50 pm

I think Bungle said all that needs saying: Shut up you tart !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext