After 29 LONG years, this is finally our season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:42 pm

Red Rum » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:58 pm wrote:I'm not expecting a huge performance from Manure for reasons mentioned above, and I fully expect City to win, sadly.

They're not going To go for the win tooth and nail KNOWING it would hand us the title, now are they!?

Expect a sub standard manure performance maybe even fielding the reserves.

No way do  I expect the Scum to "roll over" tonight !

They may not win it but I think they'll give it a go.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:50 pm

United have done well first half. They knew they couldn't match City technically so they've turned into a scrappy fight. The only thing surprising me is how easy City have been dragged into it.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:52 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:50 pm wrote:United have done well first half. They knew they couldn't match City technically so they've turned into a scrappy fight. The only thing surprising me is how easy City have been dragged into it.

First time I've seen City truly rattled, both on the pitch on the bench.  Pep has got the full Woy face rubbing going on and everything  :laugh:

HUGE 45 mins coming up, let's hope it's in our favour
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:27 pm

0-2. Looks like that's that.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:28 pm

Brendan Rodgers is going to stop them. Just you wait. It's written in the stars....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:34 pm

We need "devine intervention" now matey.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Penguins » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:46 pm

It's over for this season barring a major miracle.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:03 pm

Thought they would drop points in their last 2 games but gone on and won both. With no CL for them and the focus entirely on the league, it's difficult seeing them drop points v Burnley, Leicester and Brighton. Burnley and Leicester will be on their holidays and probably only Brighton who will be fighting to stay up but City are just far too good for them.
Doeboy

Postby Red Rum » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:13 pm

The pivitol moment in the season folks came when we squandered a seven point lead by losing at man City.

Looks like its gonna cost us dearly this season and with two grueling contests with Barca coming up it looks like we are more likely to drop points than City too.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:16 pm

City have been awesome and so have we.

The important thing was to keep it in our own hands.
The most disappointing week of the season was the flat performances and draws to United and Everton that took it out of our hands.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:20 pm

Red Rum » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:13 pm wrote:The pivitol moment in the season folks came when we squandered a seven point lead by losing at man City.

Looks like its gonna cost us dearly this season and with two grueling contests with Barca coming up it looks like we are more likely to drop points than City too.

I thought we played well that night, very unfortunate that they cleared the ball off the line.

The week against Utd / Everton was more damaging
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:25 pm

It's not over until it's over..City looked nervy in the first half and took about 35 mins to settle.

Burnley away is a tough game - they drew 2-2 with Chelsea so let's keep up the belief ..We just need to win our last 3 games and let them worry about blinking first.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:29 pm

jacdaniel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:20 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:13 pm wrote:The pivitol moment in the season folks came when we squandered a seven point lead by losing at man City.

I thought we played well that night, very unfortunate that they cleared the ball off the line.

The week against Utd / Everton was more damaging

Agree, if we do miss out on the league I'd point to those 2 draws, However I'm struggling to really put too much emphasis on those draws because fact is 9 times out of 10 if a team finishes on 97 points and only loses one game in a season, they are nailed on to win the league. If we do miss out, it's more about what City have done rather than what we haven't done. Fact is they have gone on an amazing run and got through some tricky looking games recently. I also don't think them going out the CL has helped us as after that, it probably gave them an added focus to win the only meaningful competition available this season. Still, 3 games left so still a chance but realistically with the fixtures they have and the fact they have no CL to think about, it's slipping out our grasp unfortunately.
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:33 pm

electrum » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:25 pm wrote:It's not over until it's over..City looked nervy in the first half and took about 35 mins to settle.

Burnley away is a tough game - they drew 2-2 with Chelsea so let's keep up the belief ..We just need to win our last 3 games and let them worry about blinking first.

To be fair, Chelsea have been pretty poor this season and that draw wasn't a total surprise. Man City going into that game knowing the title is at stake is a very different kettle of fish but you never know I suppose.
Doeboy

Postby Red Rum » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:10 pm

It's not quite over...YET!

However, expecting Burnley, Leicester and Brighton to pull off a little magic act is  away with the fairies.

If we get 97 points and DON'T win the league, where does this leave us???

if we get knocked out by Barca in the CL, where does this leave us???

Not winning anything this season is unthinkable IMHO, and Klopp has spent over 300m.

We need at least one trophy this season...
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion