Everton v Liverpool Sunday 3rd March 2019 at 4.15pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:18 pm

Santa » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:15 pm wrote:When your chief goal getter missed two 1 on 1 opportunities, and the supporting cast don't show up, you cannot say we have fearsome forward line. I know Mo is still our top scorer but for a few months now I think we need to look elsewhere to supply us with goals. We cannot just stay fixed with the front three but need at least 4 or 5 to switch things around.

Klopp have undone all his good work all season with such bad choices of substitution today

I would honestly love it if we spent big buck and went of Dybala. Won't happen but damn we need a proper poacher up front.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:20 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:12 pm wrote:We had our chances to win today, but we failed to take them. And it's cost us.

But it's not over...there are a few more twists and turns in this title race yet.  But we need to sort our sh!te out. And quickly  :(

Yes i know but we will have to depend on others now...we let it out of our hands...but who knows maybe it will settle the nerves a bit coming from behind? Some players might not be bad but their nerves are showing
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:22 pm

devaney » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:16 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:11 pm wrote:What a f*cking disgrace of a game. f*cking fuming here  :veryangry

City 2 points clear now so it's pretty much over.

One point clear Einstein !! :laugh:

It's more than the point, it's the complete and utter loss of momentum that is the biggest worry. We now need a favour from another team as its out of our hands - I reckon the bookies will have us further back as  second favourite now and not without reason.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:23 pm

We were better before the subs, I know Jurgen probably felt that the game was drifting and he had to do something but we clearly went backwards after he changed things around.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:25 pm

devaney » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:16 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:11 pm wrote:What a f*cking disgrace of a game. f*cking fuming here  :veryangry

City 2 points clear now so it's pretty much over.

One point clear Einstein !! :laugh:

Small mistake made in rage. One or two points doesn't really matter though. They're ahead and it's no longer up to us.

f*ck sakes, can't remember the last time I've been this angry. f*cking super rich guys kicking a ball around, f*ck em' all.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:26 pm

At least we don’t have to worry about Mo being poached. He’s been Sh*t. He needs to sit a match and rest. This season looks set to end in disappointing fashion. Plenty of football to play, but we’re doing nothing to show that we can handle the pressure. Going to need another season to get it going and with city continuing to shell out money every summer, it’s going to be hard to catch them.

I do find it amusing that everybody wants to beat us so bad but are willing to roll over to city. I guess that’s what happens when you grow up hating Liverpool for being good, and city being nothing until a few years ago. Still amusing people would prefer to see city continue to buy the league rather than a team have a long term sustainable plan to win it.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Franky000 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:27 pm

Man, this club really has a way of killing your dreams...

I wouldn’t rule anything out, but I can’t see City dropping points from here.

At least we’re still in the CL league...winning that would make up for everything
Last edited by Franky000 on Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franky000

Postby Santa » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:27 pm

electrum » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:11 pm wrote: Anyone who wants to see Hendo , Milner and Lallana here next year is mental imho

Hendo as squad player at best, Milner was a great servant but he has surely lost his mojo since the start of season. And don't get me started with Lallana.

Anyone who still want all three of them in the team need to get help, that include you Herr Klopp

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:23 pm wrote:We were better before the subs, I know Jurgen probably felt that the game was drifting and he had to do something but we clearly went backwards after he changed things around.

Klopp has never been the best with substitutions but today he was beyond awful. Minler completely ruined our momentum and Lallana was useless. The only sub should have been Firmino on for Origi, and if that didn't work, Shaqiri on for Gini/Hendo.

Can't entirely blame Klopp for this draw with a couple of missed sitters in this game, but those subs just killed the game.
Last edited by damjan193 on Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:31 pm

I dont get Klopp at all..in order to win..especially when you are playing krap you need to gamble..He always revert to his same stinking comfort zone which isnt performing this season..I understand and appreciate loyalty but ffs..Milner and Lallana?? REALLY?? Yes Keita and Shaq arent sizzling hot but its what you needed today.

He is just terrible with his subs and cant say i was impressed with his tactics..All the balls went to Mo which was stinking the place up..Terrible coaching today
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:31 pm

Yes its frustrating but dont lose all hope guys...we are still very very close and City is struggling and still need to play away to United, especially if their hope for a Top 4 is still all to play for. Spurs might just be the king maker now

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:33 pm

Franky000 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:27 pm wrote:Man, this club really has a way of killing your dreams...

I wouldn’t rule anything out, but I can’t see City dropping points from here.

At least we’re still in the CL league...winning that would make up for everything

Yup we should be used to Disappointment after disappointment agter disappointment. This is the Liverpool way close but not close enough. Yup at least we are still in the ICL but tbf i think we will bottle that aswel IF we get to the final.

These draws remind me a lot of the 08/09 season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:34 pm

We were SEVEN points clear a few games ago, and could have gone ten clear. We should just hand City the title now

Fcking disgrace
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:37 pm

The last two years Klopp has focused on our attacking play and lived by the "score more than the opposition" mantra.

This year he's gone the complete opposite and concentrated purely on the defensive side..

I mean you can't argue as we were scoring 100 plus goals the previous years and this year we've been keeping more clean sheets than we have done the previous 20 years.

What we need to find though is the perfect balance!!

Why can't we play games with 2 holding mids with a Central attacking midfielder and the front 3?

I have no idea why Klopp feels he needs 3 defensive mids protecting the back 4, that is what is killing the creativity to the front 3.. the quicker we fix this, the quicker we enter back into the title race.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:46 pm

Too much reliance on the front 3. Think it's been mentioned we've only scored 6 goals and provided 7 assists from midfield. David Silva has that amount of goals alone for City. In total, City have 18 goals from midfield with 16 assists. The difference between the two teams in that area is too great at the moment.
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games