Fulham v LIVERPOOL Sun 17th March 2.15pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:20 pm

Red Rum » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:11 pm wrote:
Santa » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:56 pm wrote:What do you reckon about Salah's performance today? 4/10 at best? Am I too harsh

To be fair to Salah mate, defenders are doubling up on him, not giving him the time and space and, due to lack of creativity in the Midfield he becomes isolated.

Our crossing waS woeful today and we are lucky to get the three points.

Yes as stated on another post Mo have not been given the space and defenders are much closer to him this term. Many team have resorted to double or triple team on him.

What I am worried about are his touches when he is in space, his decision making when in the penalty box and his shots when he's in with a shot on goal. We saw from the Munich game what he can contribute even when he's not scoring but the longer this drought continues, he will be more desperate to score maybe to the detriment of the team.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:22 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:08 pm wrote:We made hard work of that....

Anyway, onwards and upwards. We are always flat after a European match. And today was no different

I will take that...good night guys! Onwards and upwards  :buttrock
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:23 pm

Santa » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:06 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:05 pm wrote:I’m glad the players have more belief than some on here FFS

Winning a tough game and some more interested in slagging off one of our best players

So do you reckoned the performance today is acceptable? We are supposed to be happy clappy gang around here eh?

What matters is the 3 points after a big CL and the three points has taken us to the top of the table . Right now all that matters is points.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:25 pm

Biggest problem we have at the moment that we don't have a trusted striker we can bring for either Mo or Bobby..I mean between the both of them they produced so many avarage to weak games as of late..However we have no one to fill in..I like Origi but he isn't enough..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:30 pm

Hopefully Fulham will give City as tough a game in a fortnight and they drop points.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:35 pm

Red Rum » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:30 pm wrote:Hopefully Fulham will give City as tough a game in a fortnight and they drop points.

We made it into a tough game, should have been put to bed in the first half
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:40 pm

We found a way to win which is the main thing. When you play week in week out for 9 solid months you are going to get situations like their goal. What I particularly liked was that both Milner and VVD tried to take the blame for the goal which is what you want to see, a team full of men.
Fair dues to Milner as well it took balls to take that pen, especially after it was his shanked clearance which led to their goal.
We've had Liverpool sides over the past 30 years who would have fell apart after they scored, this team didn't.
Fair dues to Babel for not celebrating his goal as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:46 pm

Santa » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:16 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:07 pm wrote:
He never has the touch of a Striker or even the instinct to finish like one but what he is  :nod is a winger with a phenomenal goal scoring record.

No doubt he's been watched like a hawk and double team in almost every game this season but what he have lost is the self belief and thus his touches are dodgy and the chances are over cooked.

Would I change him for another winger? Not a chance but as we are into the final stretch of the season his misses are gonna be very costly. Not ***** on Mo just commenting on his recent performances

Fwiw I somewhat agree but also think we were spoilt with him last season and especially his finishing. Personally I think this season is his norm which is good enough for the team but not enough to be the main man.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:49 pm

Boocity » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:35 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:30 pm wrote:Hopefully Fulham will give City as tough a game in a fortnight and they drop points.

We made it into a tough game, should have been put to bed in the first half

Same story though in a lot of games though mate... We boss possession, but cannot penetrate defences effectively, even Fulham today.

It's something we can iron out in the summer, but in the final furlong this season, we do need to be clinical.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:51 pm

3 points. Top of the league. Lost 1 in 31. I’ll take that. Wasn’t a great performance but to be honest I couldn’t give a flying fk !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:15 pm

devaney » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:51 pm wrote:3 points. Top of the league. Lost 1 in 31. I’ll take that. Wasn’t a great performance but to be honest I couldn’t give a flying fk !!

+1 matey :buttrock
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:45 pm

It is amazing lads.... so many times this season I've been raging at our inability to kill games off, or we play some amazing footy one week and then look bang average the next. Total lack of consistency and sometimes wee ooze mid-table mediocrity. We haven't really got going after christmas. And yet.... here we are sitting on top of the pile! Can't really get my head round it. God knows how many times I have yelled "Oh well, there goes the Prem this season!" and yet, we're still in with a chance. We are relying on City gift-wrapping it for us, but we are still in it. I bet City hit Fulham for 5-0 just to make a point, so any hope of making up the GD deficit is gone.
Pity we had to let that 7 point lead slip through our fingers, but the ability to take the 3 points even when they're poor is something which used to really p1ss me off about ManUre, so as long as we keep doing that, let's take it. Fingers crossed that city slip up, and that Mo starts putting his boots on the right feet soon. That will be a relief, when he starts banging them in again. I'm not one for ignoring the blatantly obvious in favour of blind loyalty but we're still in with a shout fellas. Keep the faith. COME ON YOU REDMEN!!!!
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:54 pm

I just read over my post again, and realised it seems very negative..... That wasn't my intention, quite the opposite, actually.
More the fact that sometimes the boys don't play to their brilliant potential, but even then we can grind out a win, or at worst, a draw.
Only 1 loss out of 31, and that was against what is arguably one of the most gifted (and expensive) squad of players ever compiled in the Premiership and it was by no means an easy win for them.
If we can keep our nerve, I reckon City have a wobble in the post, since they are still in 4 different competitions.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:54 pm

Apart from a miscommunication between Van Dyke and Alison we totally controlled this game.

Concerned that  we couldn't turn our dominance into more goals

BUT !

WTF , ! we got the win !

Right now that's all that counts   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:14 pm

Edgy game but importantly we took 3 points. Like someone said at this stage we need to keep close to City as possible. They will drop points I'm sure so we just have to keep going.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games