After 29 LONG years, this is finally our season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:10 pm

If we pull off this title would you guys reckon it would be our best ever title win in our history?? I don't know much about our heydey but I'm sure we didn't compete against a Juggernaut like City. Against a well assembled team and financially pumped side.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:13 pm

Looking at the fixtures, only other top 6 teams ourselves and CIty have to play are Utd away and Spurs at home so who knows, may come down to those games although I think there will be a few twists outside those games imo.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:15 pm

11 wins 1 draw title is ours. Time to go on a mad winning run.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:51 pm

redshade » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:10 pm wrote:If we pull off this title would you guys reckon it would be our best ever title win in our history?? I don't know much about our heydey but I'm sure we didn't compete against a Juggernaut like City. Against a well assembled team and financially pumped side.

I think it would the greatest title win we have had..as you say we (nor anyone else) have ever had to compete at such a major disadvantage financially. In our pomp we typically were the "big spenders" (relatively speaking, it's gone insane in the past decade), but not by orders of magnitude versus the others in the division.

If we pull it off  Klopp and the squad should be given the Freedom of the city.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:08 pm

City will drop points. They've got an insane amount of matches to play in the coming weeks and their squad is significantly older than ours.

Despite their demolition of Chelsea ( :laugh: ) I think they will draw a few more matches before the season is out. We just have to keep our nerve by beating the teams we face.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:38 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:08 pm wrote:City will drop points. They've got an insane amount of matches to play in the coming weeks and their squad is significantly older than ours.

Despite their demolition of Chelsea ( :laugh: ) I think they will draw a few more matches before the season is out. We just have to keep our nerve by beating the teams we face.

Huh? Think it's only Fernandino, David Silva and Kompany (hardly plays anyway) who are around 32/33. They may have more games to play but they've also rotated the likes of Sterling, Sane, Mahrez and their fullbacks. Plus De Bruyne and Mendy have hardly played this season so will be pretty fresh. Not sure tiredness will really come into it considering their squad and rotation to be honest.
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:44 pm

Doeboy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:38 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:08 pm wrote:City will drop points. They've got an insane amount of matches to play in the coming weeks and their squad is significantly older than ours.

Huh? Think it's only Fernandino, David Silva and Kompany (hardly plays anyway) who are around 32/33. They may have more games to play but they've also rotated the likes of Sterling, Sane, Mahrez and their fullbacks. Plus De Bruyne and Mendy have hardly played this season so will be pretty fresh. Not sure tiredness will really come into it considering their squad and rotation to be honest.

If you look at the games they've dropped points (over Christmas, for example) it's when they play sh!t loads of games in a very short amount of time. They lost to Newcastle after playing two cup matches.

From the 16th onwards, they'll be pretty much playing a game every 3-4 days and I honestly think they'll drop ground as tiredness and injuries bite.

If they don't (and win all of them) they'll win the league. And deservedly so.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:43 pm

My hunch is we will finish second??

Our performances going forward have been stuttering all season. :(
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:06 am

With City fixtures i think they will have some stuttering performances. Yesterday they were below par and were lucky to get 3 points.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:01 pm

Tut tut... We've squandered our seven point advantage, still 27 points left to win, only a point behind.

Do we still believe we can win the title?
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:03 pm

Yes we can still win it - City have injuries and some tough games coming up and don’t see them winning every game - all still to play for
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:06 pm

Time will tell, we've squandered many chances this season and failed to capitalise on City.

Tbh I'm not that confident facing Chelsea or Spurs. I feel both those games will end up in draws as they have their own UCL qual aspirations.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:11 pm

It's going to take a lot of mental strength to win it from this position that for sure, to squander a 7 point lead to a side like City but then find the wherewithal to go again is going to take some doing.
It's certainly possible of course but this group of players are going to need to up their games significantly.
We need someone to do us a favour now as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:37 pm

City are going to drop points....but so are we. And that's why I think we'll end this season in 2nd place  :(

Hope I'm wrong.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:41 pm

Last 6 epl games

D D W D W D

10/18
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion