After 29 LONG years, this is finally our season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:40 am

I know what Kazza is saying, despite our impressive points total we haven't really tore up any tree's this season, we've been efficient rather than exhilarating
If we are going to click into gear now is definitely the time, all the papers today are fawning over City and Guardiola himself is acting like the title race is over, he is praising his players for 'never giving up' etc.
Everyone thinks we've choked again including the bookies, Man City are now odds on favourites to win the title and we've moved right out in the betting.
Years ago the likes of Bill Shankly would have pinned those articles to the dressing room wall and said to his players 'what are you going to do about that?'
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:26 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:40 am wrote:I know what Kazza is saying, despite our impressive points total we haven't really tore up any tree's this season, we've been efficient rather than exhilarating
If we are going to click into gear now is definitely the time, all the papers today are fawning over City and Guardiola himself is acting like the title race is over, he is praising his players for 'never giving up' etc.
Everyone thinks we've choked again including the bookies, Man City are now odds on favourites to win the title and we've moved right out in the betting.
Years ago the likes of Bill Shankly would have pinned those articles to the dressing room wall and said to his players 'what are you going to do about that?'

Efficient is the word spot on! I dare say we have played miles from our real potential and if we are to go all the way we must find a way to unleashed it.
This reserved/controlled style of play which brought us to where we at isn't enough..Klopp talks a lot wanting the team to be "angry" in their approach to the game but i can hardly detect any anger or ferocity which you would expect in a title contender...I'm afraid both City and Spurs mentality ,at the moment , is where it should while ours is way back.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:40 am wrote:I know what Kazza is saying, despite our impressive points total we haven't really tore up any tree's this season, we've been efficient rather than exhilarating

I didn't want to believe it but it's true, the whole world is wanting to see us fail. I don't know why that is, I can kinda understand Everton fans, but even United fans would much rather see their city rival win the league than us. Even the neutrals, they all think we're going to choke and can't wait to see it happen. Everybody thinks we're not good enough and that we've blown it again, we're basically up against the whole world. If that isn't going to motivate our lads then I don't know what is.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:34 pm

Yup i can quite get it aswel, why do fans from other clubs want us to fail?? Maybe it is jealously of our past glory days.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:45 pm

Yep, Ferguson and Mourinho were masters at using that us-against-the-world malarkey as a motivational tool to fire up their players. Btw no one wants us to win because they laughably think the media is up our @rse and that our title celebrations will be absolutely insufferable (special programs on the telly live from St George's Hall etc).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:13 pm

Klopp said himself that the players must keep going back to the well and finding more and if we don't get over the line his decision to keep the squad leaner and create pathways will be the reason why.

It's almost as if he's surprised by injuries but when you don't have the depth of City this happens and it's happening at Spurs too.

Our players are looking a bit fatigued but we cant rotate the front 3 in particular and this is why they we have run off the road recently.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:24 pm

I actually think it would be a good idea to rotate Firmino given his form. Henderson isn’t expected to play every game so why don’t we try something different up front because at the moment it isn’t working.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:58 pm

devaney » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:24 pm wrote:I actually think it would be a good idea to rotate Firmino given his form. Henderson isn’t expected to play every game so why don’t we try something different up front because at the moment it isn’t working.

His form has dipped but he still works hard for the team, not sure we have any forward players that will match his energy and I think that is why he plays every match. I do think he will hit his groove again as he is a good player.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:09 pm

Firmino for me struggles when he comes too deep

When he has some like Gini or Keita higher up then it allows Bobby to get closer to Mo and Mane

Hopefully now that Henderson is fit again he will play alongside either Fabinho or Gini and then let Keita play higher
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:30 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:40 am wrote:I know what Kazza is saying, despite our impressive points total we haven't really tore up any tree's this season, we've been efficient rather than exhilarating

Couldn’t agree more Yakka, surely we need to use everyone not wanting us to win it as a catalyst for greatness just like Whiskey Nose and Maureen have in the past with their sides.

It’s been a very disappointing last few games but that shouldn’t take away the fact that we have only lost one game (through very dubious officiating as well) all season.

A lot on here seem to think we are both mentally and physically exhausted, which I don’t really understand as we have a better squad than last season and playing less games. It’s just tactics that Klopp needs to tweak and our psychological mindset should click after that. I’m pretty sure that we will find form just around the corner, and make all these idiotic articles and journalists look rather stupid.

I genuinely still think we are going to win it as Klopp knows he needs to make changes to the way we play.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:21 pm

Just for once Eds I hope to fk you’re right !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:10 am

We're going to bounce back against Bournemouth...and City will drop points against Chelsea.

You heard it here first...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:38 am

In a way the onus is back on City, now they have caught us everyone is assuming the whole thing is done and dusted.
That brings its own pressure.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:01 am

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:23 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:10 am wrote:We're going to bounce back against Bournemouth...and City will drop points against Chelsea.

You heard it here first...

That would be friggin sweet.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion