Our next four games - Spurs, S'ton, Chels, City

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:15 pm

Anyone seen our next 4 games?   :Oo:

Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool (a)
Liverpool vs Southampton (h)
Chelsea vs Liverpool (a)
Liverpool vs Manchester City (h)

September is going to be a tough month (we also have PSG in the CL and Chelsea in the league cup), but if we can come through the league games unbeaten then maybe (just maybe) I might start to think that this is our year....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:20 pm

Yep tough games - Spurs is the big one and a draw isn’t a bad result there , Chelsea haven’t really played a strong team yet and their midfield has been allowed a lot of space - they won’t get that against us. Can see us winning both of the games against Chelsea
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:28 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:15 pm wrote:Anyone seen our next 4 games?   :Oo:

Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool (a)
Liverpool vs Southampton (h)
Chelsea vs Liverpool (a)
Liverpool vs Manchester City (h)

September is going to be a tough month (we also have PSG in the CL and Chelsea in the league cup), but if we can come through the league games unbeaten then maybe (just maybe) I might start to think that this is our year....

We need to buck our ideas up. also, as we have scraped across the line versus Leicester today. A Midfield of Milner, Hendo and Wjnaldum is not going to win us these up and coming matches (unless Jurgen thinks the attacking fullbacks can compensate for our Average Midfield today)

I reckon the League cup match with Chelsea will be tough, because they are playing us, so they are sure to field a strong line up, Hazard, Pedro and co.

This is why we have Shaqiri, Lallana, Sturridge, Fabinho and Co waiting in the wings, to rotate when the going gets tough....
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:21 pm

Next 5 games we've got

Southampton H 22/09
Chelsea H (league cup) 26/09
Chelsea A 29/09
Napoli A 03/10
City H 07/10

Tough little run.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:46 pm

Chelsea twice, then City and Napoli coming up.

This should be fun :D
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:12 pm

I'd like to see a few of the fringe players have a game vs Southampton.

Alisson

Clyne
VVD
Gomez
Robertson

Fabinho
Keita
Henderson

Shaqiri
Studge
Mane
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:15 pm

Two wins out of two.... :buttrock  Next up, the league cup against the Chavs.

I don't give two hoots for the League Cup and would rotate heavily to keep us fresh for the Chelsea league match, which is away.

Something like:

Migs

Clyne Gomez Matip Moreno

Fabinho  Henderson Keita

Shaqiri  Sturridge Lallana
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:24 pm

If players like Fabinho and Shaqiri don't get a decent run out in the league cup match, then surely they never will!!

I don't think Chelsea will be weaker in terms of line up, as they are playing us, so we might need to go nearly full strength, or maybe just rest Salah

Wait and see what Jurgen chooses to do Wednesday.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:15 pm wrote:Two wins out of two.... :buttrock  Next up, the league cup against the Chavs.

I don't give two hoots for the League Cup and would rotate heavily to keep us fresh for the Chelsea league match, which is away.

Something like:

Migs

Clyne Gomez Matip Moreno

Fabinho  Henderson Keita

Shaqiri  Sturridge Lallana

I'd go with that line up. Shaq and Fabinho must start both need mins esp fab.

I know this competition ain't much however i want us to go the distance and win it. These games will give our squad players much needed mins and it will keep them on their toes.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:36 pm

Chelsea just dropped 2 points to West Ham.

If the next two league games go our way it will increase the gap between us and our rivals even further. Good times. I just hope that if/when we do eventually drop points that this place doesn’t go into complete meltdown.  :;):
Franky000

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:44 pm

We have to take points off the likes of Chelsea and Man City if we are serious about challenging for the title.

A win/win or win/draw would be a great outcome of these next two league games.

Two six pointers coming up...
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:19 pm

I doubt Klopp will rest the lot but the focus has to be on the 2 huge league games. Considering we have Chelsea (league, away) followed by Napoli (away) then City (home), I'd be surprised if Klopp doesnt at least rotate 6-7 players in our starting 11 for each of our next 4 games.

I'd go with this vs Chelsea (cup):

Mignolet
Clyne
Matip
Gomez
Moreno
Henderson
Fabinho
Keita
Shaqiri
Mane
Sturridge

and this in the league game:

Alisson
TAA
Gomez (2nd)
VVD
Robertson
Wijnaldum
Henderson (2nd)
Milner
Mane (2nd)
Salah
Firmino

The likes of Matip, Fabinho, Shaqiri and Sturridge are bound to get extended minutes. Let's hope they can take their chances and make future selections more interesting. If Lallana and Origi are fit they'll also be good additions to our options.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:41 am

The matches against Chelsea and Man City for the league are perfect opportunities to stop the momentum of our direct rivals dead in their tracks. If we win both of these fixtures then we would have put 5 pts between them and us. That is quite abit at this point in the season. Probably asking abit much to win both games. I'd be happy with a draw and a win (in any order). 2 draws wouldnt be the end of the world but if we start losing one of these games, then we would have invited some pressure on us.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:16 pm

2 big league games coming up, even though it's only September they could be pivotal.
Winning the title has a lot to do with belief, if we win our next 2 league games I think our players will genuinely believe that they can win the title, if they genuinely believe it we are already halfway there.
It's a tough ask but the City game is at Anfield and they won't have DeBruyne either.
Hashtag destiny calling.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:51 pm

These games are going to be tough and far from guaranteed points. Both along with ourselves are the most inform teams at the minute so they are going to be end to end. Normally we have no problem raising our levels for the big ones so with any luck we will firing on all cylinders.

Even if we take 6 points its far too early to be talking about winning the league with such a distance still to go. City are still the favourites imo and I think top spot might change hands a few times yet before the run in.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion