12 games unbeaten - can it continue? - How many unbeaten games?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

12 games unbeaten - can it continue? - How many unbeaten games?

12 games (end at old trafford)
No votes
13 games (end at home to Birmingham)
No votes
14 games (end at Stamford Bridge)
32%
15 games (end at JJB)
No votes
16 games or more
68%

Total votes : 41

Postby andy_g » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:25 am

john craig wrote:Despite that, our midfield is so much stronger than theirs

now there's the key, right? how good is it to be able to say that after all the years of the awesome man u midfield? what a come down for them.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:34 am

andy_g wrote:
john craig wrote:Despite that, our midfield is so much stronger than theirs

now there's the key, right? how good is it to be able to say that after all the years of the awesome man u midfield? what a come down for them.

Plus no Smith and no Ronaldo, Ronaldo red card misses next 3, smith 5th yellow misses our game.
Maybe Rooney will get suspended after the torent of abuse he dished out to Steve Bennett and criminal damages for punching the away dressing room door, and old whiskey nose faces a hefty fine plus a touchline ban after giving abuse to steve Bennett. :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:14 pm

I heard that park ji song is injured as well?
Houllier=LFC

Postby daddyo » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:19 pm

john craig wrote: They're always at their best with their backs to the wall and they've just lost to City in the derby, I think they'll play out of their skins against us.

True, true.

There will be no thoughts from them of winning to stay in the championship race, and a defeat for us will almost certainly rule us out-if only because we'll run out of games with which to try an catch Chelski.
Because of that, they'll give it everything to beat us which invariably means a high energy (stamina sapping) performance.

We're capable of winning, but the cost of that maybe a lethargic performance in the next game.
daddyo

Postby daddyo » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:20 pm

john craig wrote: They're always at their best with their backs to the wall and they've just lost to City in the derby, I think they'll play out of their skins against us.

True, true.

There will be no thoughts from them of winning to stay in the championship race, and a defeat for us will almost certainly rule us out-if only because we'll run out of games with which to try an catch Chelski.
Because of that, they'll give it everything to beat us which invariably means a high energy (stamina sapping) performance.

We're capable of winning, but the cost of that maybe a lethargic performance in the next game.
daddyo

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:49 pm

Owzat wrote:I was thinking the other day about our unbeaten start to the season in 02/03 and I wondered how this current run compares with Gerard Houllier.

the main difference is, under houllier, if we suffered a shocking result, we inevitably followed it up with two or three more shocking results.

that just doesn't look like happening now.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:54 pm

I still dont understand why against Chelsea we can draw and beat them in Europe but domestically we lose. It doesn't make sense.

Can LFC wear the gold lettering against Chelsea? Maybe that's it.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1137139704 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:59 pm

the_red_alonso wrote:Hi Guys
I'm a new member of this forum(A red from INDIA)
Well directly to the topic:
Liverpool are in gr8 form right now but the fixtures comin up are some real crackers.
If we dont have any injury to crucial players(Gerrard,Alonso,HyyPIA,JC) certainly the run is going to extend beyond 15-16 games the kind of confidence & buzz they r playin with.
BTH i think we may see a couple of draws during this tough period(hope we win though) as MAN U away
Chel$ki away n & 7 goal :censored: are really tough ones to ask.
These games might well be decided by a single goal n the key will be our defence.
Hope u like my debut post
Forever RED

Hi,Am a Newbie too.
Seems like people here dont talk to Newbies.
66-1137139704

Postby azriahmad » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:12 pm

Hi, the red alonso and B-Boy, welcome to the forum.

I have been to several countries, but not yet to India, the largest democracy in the world with 850 or 900 million population. Does Liverpool enjoy a big following in India?

I'm from Malaysia and Liverpool is very well supported here, I believe behind manure, we are ahead of Arsenal (just, because of their recent successes but in the 70s and 80s, there were hardly any Arsenal supporters and none for Chelski-come-lately here!). Chelski fans in Malaysia are mostly glory hunters.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:14 pm

B-Boy wrote:
Liverpool are in gr8 form right now but the fixtures comin up are some real crackers.
If we dont have any injury to crucial players(Gerrard,Alonso,HyyPIA,JC) certainly the run is going to extend beyond 15-16 games the kind of confidence & buzz they r playin with.
BTH i think we may see a couple of draws during this tough period(hope we win though) as MAN U away
These games might well be decided by a single goal n the key will be our defence.
Forever RED

Hi,Am a Newbie too.

Welcome newbies. We don't talk to newbies who post :censored: or just post articles and offer no debate.

HOpe you do us proud.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:37 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I am also worried about fatigue that is obviously starting to show now, we have played 37 games already, compared to Spurs 24th plus we have 2 games in hand that we need to catch up on.
And a run in the F.A.Cup and CL and premiership.
I know wins bring confidence to the side, but thats an awful lot of games we have played this season already.
Real test will be Manure, Arsenal and Chelsea I just hope some of the reserves can play in the F.A.Cup I know we want silverware this season, but the prem comes first, plus theres only 7 games to play in the CL should we get to the final.

I still think we need to buy some more cover in CD as Agger is cuptied so theres only Traore that could play should Sammi or Carra get injured.

It looks more mental fatigue than pysical, but I read one of Rafa's mates statements about how Rafa will make Liverpool one of the fittest teams in the prem.

Maybe all them injuries last season where down to the new training regimes, just thank god the players have adapted to it this season.

Totally agree. Carragher and Alonso have looked distinctly off form and tired of late. I think using Agger at Birmingham may give Carragher the adequate rest he needs prioir to the Chelsea match. The same applies for Alonso.

I think, if i'm being honest that we are going to lose to Chelsea. Although our form hasn't dipped our fatigue is showing. Chelsea may well be showing similar fatigue but their bench is a lot stronger and experience than that of our own. At that may very well be the difference.

I hope this is not the case but realistically we aren't going to catch Chelsea up, mainly because they won't lose enough games, but also our squad isn't quite as strong as Chelseas.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the_red_alonso » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:52 pm

Premiership is quite new to India as live telecasts of european football just started 4-5 yrs back.
But yes people love english & european soccer here with Liverpool,Arsenal,Man U & recently Chelsea have become household names in this predominantly cricketing nation.
I am a Liverpool fan since that treble winning season.(The owen cup)
Currently Gerrard n Alonso are the powerhouse of the midfield and I love them together.
If we dominate the battle in midfield I can see no reason why we cant take the full three points against United.(even if they r playing at the THEATRE of :censored:).
Also we've a whole week to prepare and as Rafa says "one game at a time",surely the odds are against United.Even though they r reeling after the derby loss & would want to strike back I cant see who can provide them the steel in midfield.
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:56 pm

B-Boy wrote:
Forever RED

Hi,Am a Newbie too.

hello newbies..
I am a newbie too...u can read my signature for your morale boosting.
:buttrock
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby Sarge » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:02 pm

AussieKopite wrote:I still dont understand why against Chelsea we can draw and beat them in Europe but domestically we lose. It doesn't make sense.

Can LFC wear the gold lettering against Chelsea? Maybe that's it.

i like to see the rematch as we are indeed a different side from our last match. I don't think that we are going to get mauled 4-1 again do we? Maybe the tide will turn to our favour this time.
The only issue now is fatigue indeed. We play more games than any of the premiership sides now. To make matters worse, most of the upcoming matches are indeed difficult bunch.
Let us hope that we could bring the "12th man" out just like the way we did it last year.
Come on reds!
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby red_guy » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:33 pm

azriahmad wrote:Chelski fans in Malaysia are mostly glory hunters.

Definitely. I agree with that bcos i'm also from malaysia. Back then, in 03/04 season, most of the glory seekers here support Arsenal. Now, every man and his brother can be spotted wearing chelski's shirt.  :no
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion