Liverpool vs Steaua

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:30 pm

Fernando Torres will not travel to Bucharest for Thursday's Europa League clash with Steaua - while at the back Danny Wilson will deputise for the injured Jamie Carragher.

Our Spanish striker is to be rested ahead of Monday's Barclays Premier League encounter with Aston Villa.

Those who will definitely start include 18-year-old Wilson, whose only appearance since signing from Rangers this summer came in the League Cup defeat to Northampton.

He will partner Sotirios Kyrgiakos at the back - and the pair are likely to be joined in defence by Fabio Aurelio and Martin Kelly.

Hodgson told Liverpoolfc.tv: "Martin Kelly and Danny Wilson will start against Steaua Bucharest and it's a great opportunity for them to stake a claim to be in the first team.

"Not being able to take the points we deserved against Tottenham has kept us in a mid-table position so the next games coming up are going to be very important.

"I've got to be careful not to risk too many of the players I want out on the field against Aston Villa.

"Torres won't travel. I can leave maybe as many as six or seven players who I expect to start against Aston Villa out of the team.

"It means on paper I'm taking a weakened team, but I believe people like Joe Cole, Ryan Babel, Milan Jovanovic, Danny Wilson, Christian Poulsen and Jonjo Shelvey are more than capable of doing a good job for Liverpool Football Club."

Dani Pacheco is also expected to feature in Bucharest, where a point would ensure we progress to the knockout stages.

----------------------

Will be good to see youngsters like Wilson and Jonjo again, lets hope we get a win on this one. A draw would be enough, but a win would be sweeter

I'm predicting a 1-1 draw
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:24 pm

Liverpool vs steaua bucureşti

WTF Metalhead?

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.....

:no  :no  :no
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:30 pm

MH are you :censored: mate? :laugh: At least get the topic title right. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:44 pm

I f*cking copied the name from the offal and pasted it.

Didn't realize that the forum doesn't read foreign letters!!!

so :censored: you all

:talktothehand  :D

ok I feel a bit :kungfu:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:08 pm

Yer no Bermenstein. :D
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:09 am

Joe Cole will be among the Liverpool squad which jets off to Romania today for Liverpool's Europa League Group K clash against Steaua Bucharest.

The England international hasn't played since he injured his hamstring during the 1-0 win at Bolton Wanderers on October 31.

Roy Hodgson is taking a 19-man squad to Romania, with Martin Skrtel in contention to make his 100th appearance for the Reds against Steaua.

However, Fernando Torres, Dirk Kuyt, Raul Meireles, Glen Johnson and Paul Konchesky will be rested and remain behind at Melwood.

Daniel Pacheco returns to the squad, while reserves right-back John Flanagan is in the first-team set-up for the first time.

Liverpool's youngest ever player Jack Robinson also makes the party.

Liverpool squad: Pepe Reina, Brad Jones, Martin Hansen, Fabio Aurelio, Joe Cole, Milan Jovanovic, Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Ryan Babel, Lucas, Danny Wilson, Christian Poulsen, Jonjo Shelvey, Martin Skrtel, Daniel Pacheco, David Ngog, Martin Kelly, Nathan Eccleston, John Flanagan, Jack Robinson.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Should be an interesting match hopefully our young players play well here.
Zidane

Postby Eagle » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:43 pm

Win this and go through and play the kids in the last game:

Reina

Kelly   Kyrgiakos   Wilson   Aurelio

Lucas   Poulsen 

Babel     Cole     Jovanovic

Ngog

Subs: Eccleston, Pacheco, Shelvey, Robinson, Flanagan, Skrtel, Jones
Eagle

Postby redhayesy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:04 am

i am loking foward to this one,as i'd love to see the young lads give a good acount of themselves i'm sure they will- the likes of kelly are already making a great stake for regular starts,iv'e been very impressed with him-his attitude has been bang on so far & i'm confident he wont let himself or the team down tomorrow night.

i just hope the occasion doesn't get to the other young lads like wilson,cause without our experienced players especially jamie at the back to guide him he may struggle in what is a big game for us imho.

i'm sure pepe will help him out as captain for the night & it will be a great opportunity for wilson to show a machore head on young shoulders-it's great he's given the chance & good luck to him.

also think this is big game for joe cole aswell,his experience will hopefully help the younger player too in staying disciplined in their role etc.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:46 am

Yeah Im also looking forward to seeing some of youngsters shine

Im hoping the Pac man gets a chance to play  and takes it with both feet
Last edited by laza on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:23 am

laza wrote:Im hoping the Pac man gets a chance to play  and takes it with both feet

:nod
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:36 am

I think the playing conditions (freezing weather) will not allow any good football to develope. Not the ideal setting for our youngsters...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby mkingdom » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:58 pm

Reina

Kelly  Greek   Wilson    Aurelio

Pacheco  Poulsen Shelvey Jovanovic

Cole
                 Babel.

Subs: Jones, Lucas, Ngog, Skrtel, Eccleston, Flanagan, Robinson.

Team confirmed, formation, take your pick from about a dozen options.
mkingdom

Postby redhayesy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:20 pm

if that is the side confirmed i'd rather see Ngog up front starting,than babel. the lad needs starting from the off if he is to partner torres for future games- it will give him the playing time to try & get some consistncy into his game & giving him the oppotunity to score goals will only help him also.

i'm all for giving other fringe players a chance to shine,but for me babel's time has been & gone!

hope he scores then tonight just to prove me wrong! :p
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby HodgsonOUT!! » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:36 pm

Whens the Kick-Off
HodgsonOUT!!

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games