Liverpool vs Steaua

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:29 pm

Erm.. nanny, its fulham he is talking about you know :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:38 pm

I am gutted he didnt come out and say: "We were sh'ite, we played sh'ite because the team I picked was sh'ite. We didnt deserve the draw and Im not happy weve progressed"
He should have then went on to slag every player individually and say they would never play for us again.
Sack him now!
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:45 pm

As i said Thommo as long as Roy is delighted by that performance , no problemo, an i am as i said made up were through,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:54 pm

NANNY RED wrote:As i said Thommo as long as Roy is delighted by that performance , no problemo, an i am as i said made up were through,

You are
But others...
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:01 pm

Are delighted were through.
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:05 pm

How are we pronouncing "Steaua"? Stayow, Stoyer, Stower?
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:15 pm

LFC2007 wrote:How are we pronouncing "Steaua"? Stayow, Stoyer, Stower?

All depends which part of ther country you come from.

Brummies would say Stayow.
Scousers = Stoyer
An the rest of the world  Steaua
:laugh:
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:15 pm

its pronounced 'steaua'. the 'eau' together make a 'eau' sound.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:19 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Well Roy was made up Hayesy with that performance , doesnt matter what me or you think mate , as long as he is happy thats what its all about , He was delighted by that performance ,

Roy Hodgson admitted he was delighted by the performance of his young stars as Liverpool secured a place in the last 32 of the Europa League with a 1-1 draw against Steaua Bucharest on Thursday night.

Milan Jovanovic headed the Reds into a first-half lead in Romania, but an uncharacteristic error from Pepe Reina allowed Eder Bonfim's header to squirm over the line and ensured the hosts claimed a point.

Nevertheless, the result was enough to take Liverpool into the next stage of the tournament with a game to spare as group winners.

Hodgson told his post-match press conference: "I am very happy. Happy most of all the team we had confidence in to take on this tough task of facing Steaua were able to produce the performance, and get the result we needed.

"We always knew it would be tough here. It was a last chance for Steaua to qualify, we knew they had big hopes and a lot of experienced players, but I think the players served the club well. We stuck at our task very well and had Joe Cole taken his chance in the first half maybe we'd have had it slightly easier.

"All credit to Steaua, they made us work very hard, but we are happy with the point and qualification."

He added: "I was concerned for them (the young players), I think I asked a lot of the team with so many players who haven't played for a long time - Joe Cole, Fabio Aurelio and Ryan Babel for example.

"Players like Danny Wilson, Dani Pacheco and Jonjo Shelvey, who have hardly played at all in the first team, asking them to come to Bucharest and get a result against a team of Steaua's quality is what I mean by being concerned.

"It was a big ask for those players to stand up to some of the pressure and deal with the quality football Steaua played, and I'm really delighted for them that they've come off the field with a good result and we now top the group whatever happens in the final game.

"It's a good achievement considering we have gone through this Europa League campaign giving many players a chance to play who don't normally play in the Premier League."

Having travelled to Bucharest minus the likes of Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Fernando Torres, Raul Meireles, Glen Johnson and Dirk Kuyt, Hodgson was left thrilled by the manner in which his young squad stood up to the test.

It's been a recurring theme throughout Liverpool's unbeaten Europa League quest so far this season - and Hodgson believes the run is serving to bolster the confidence of his young starlets.

He said: "It gives them confidence and I think we've seen the emergence of players like David Ngog and Martin Kelly (this season) and I think their emergence has come through these Europa League matches because they've been given a chance.

"Tonight I think you would have to add the name of Dani Pacheco. He hasn't had many chances but he certainly didn't let the team down at all, neither did Nathan Eccleston when he came on.

"In particular today I was delighted for Ryan Babel because he is a player who, again, has not had many opportunities to show what he can do. Tonight he took his opportunity with both hands and really did well upfront.

"It's good for me to know the work we're doing day in, day out on the training field is having some effect and the players are getting more and more comfortable with what we're trying to do, even those that maybe don't play every week."

Hodgson continued: "Danny Wilson has had one game in the first team, which was at left back. This is the first time he's had a chance to play at centre-back and it was a tough game to come into at centre-back, so I am delighted.

"It would have been nice to have won the game. Pepe is a bit down because he had an exceptionally good game in goal, but he's a bit disappointed he didn't keep a clean sheet.

"But as far as I'm concerned, I was most interested in the performance and if the players could stand up to the challenge. I think they did and it's going to be a pleasant ride home for us."

Steaua are now currently second in Group K and will go head-to-head with Napoli in the final group game in an attempt to secure qualification.

Hodgson admits he was impressed by the quality of the Romanian outfit, and backed them to join Liverpool in the last 32.

He said: "I think they played well tonight. They caused us a lot of problems, especially down the left wing.

"They were very good and got a lot of crosses into the penalty area, so we had to deal with a lot of dangerous situations but I am happy we dealt with them and come away with a good result.

"I still think Steaua have got every chance of qualifying from this group. They are in second place and if they can go to Napoli and get a draw, they will be qualifying with us - and they certainly deserve that."

thanks for that nan,cause that just sums it up for me anyway!

roy's comments have p1ssed me off even more than that shower of sh1t i witnessed tonight on the field - how the feck can he say what he said without making the club look a fecking laughing stock! BTW i'm not fecking laughing & i'm sure you & thousands of LFC fans aren't either.

let's get one thing straight once & forall - tonight steaua were fecking sh1t end of,i don't watch them in their league i'm going on what iv'e seen when we have played them- they are totally sh1t & for roy to say they were a tough task -words fail me! he's given them credit for their performance when i for one would rather talk about our own performance- which wasn't a credit to any player tonight who put on a red shirt.

to add insult to injury,rub salt in the wounds he had the fecking nerve to say i think players like pacheo has emerged & didn't let the team down at all, & in particular today i was delighted for Ryan Babel, he took his chance with both hands! FFS YOU REALLY ARE A WUM.

i'm glad your made up roy. now do the fans who travelled out their tonight the decent thing by insisting they get a refund on their travel expenses & fecking match ticket aswell!!!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Tophatman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:20 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:"Hodgson plays stars against sh'ite opposition" -Roy you knob, why are you putting our best players at risk? Play the kids for fu'cks sake!
"Hodson plays second string team against sh'ite opposition" -Roy you knob, why arent you playing our best players for fu'cks sake!
:laugh:
Well done the manager and the squad. Comfortable progression to the next stage
:D

Good post Thommo, sums it up really!!
Tophatman

Postby redhayesy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:40 pm

metalhead wrote:mate we can blame the tactics and all, but I'm actually happy that we played some young players tonight because the premier league is more important. Also, we qualified and have been unbeaten in the competition as well, without playing our star players too! I'm more concerned on monday's game

mate i'm on about - it doesn't matter what competition we enter,the premier league & so on. it doesn't matter about what importance a game may have,who he picks etc - the fecking tactics are the same -fact! we go one nil up at any stage of a game & then we have a fecking mental transplant- we let teams attack us & invite trouble hoping to hold on to a one goal lead.

please let's say it as it is- let's live in the real world-tactics like that are not the Liverpool way,never have been, & never should be.

we should go for the jugular & finish teams off. i agree mate i was made up that young players were given a chance tonight,but that's the whole point-young players shouldn't be given instructions to defend when they are attackers,that's the defenders job,so give them the tactic to defend with confidence-let experienced defenders around them also give them guidence & confidence etc.

give the young so called attack minded players to play with no fear-run at the oppo defenders with their so called natural pce etc. did that happen tonight -did it feck! & why? for me sh1t tactics & to many players with the wrong attitude to live up to the so called promise they showed in the ressie's.

i for one treat every game as important as it comes-no matter what that might be-& every player that is privaliged to wear the famous red shirt should do also,that's why tonights game is & should never be a hiding place for that performance tonight reguardless of weather they are a first team player,fringe or ressie player- their mentality should be "this Liver bird upon my chest" end of.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:33 am

Glad we got through.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:09 am

I think our reserve team had played together long enough and compare with last night performance, i wonder if it is consistent. I know the competition level is different but should be able to see some kind of form. Can't comment as didn't watch it but if someone knows, feel free to give us some insight. Judging from what i read, it seems we played pretty bad...
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:58 am

Are people moaning ?

We went away to a tricky place and drew with 10 players changed from the weekend.
Their goal was from a :censored: up as well.

I think Roy has every right to be pleased with the result.
The performance might not have been great but its not always about that.
We are through with a game to spare having rested key players, that will do for me.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Zidane » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Just saw their goal, ouch.  Reina really blew it on that one.
Zidane

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games