Liverpool 1-0 steaua bucharest (2-1 on aggregate) - Uefa cup

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Owzat » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:43 pm

Good result last night and a decent performance. It could have been a different story if a penalty had been awarded for the foul by Biscan or the Romanians knew how to score. Traore looked willing to get forward, Pongolle showed potential, Kewell netted a good goal and Gerrard had a good game so there were some positives from the game. Was I the only person who had heart attacks when Biscan came charging out of defence with the ball? Nice to see Kirkland keep a clean sheet, maybe this could be the turning point in our season.

It's a real shame the Champions League dumps its third placed teams into the UEFA Cup, I feel it devalues the competition by making it a bit of a joke.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:28 pm

yeah me too :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby oldredeyes » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:10 pm

I think the competition never had any real value Owzat, I mean Man City only got in because they didn't kick anyone last season, not because of any great football they played. It's just a money making gimmick that means nothing to the real teams - just listen to Stevie Gerrards words earlier this week when he said Liverpool shouldn't be playing in the competition - there was only one European cup worth winning.
As far as last night goes, it was a typical average to mediocre performance against a fairly good team, Nothing to write home about. Only Stevie played for the full duration with any conviction. The rest just paddled along. Sunday is yet another big day as far as GH is concerned - although now that Micheal is laid up for another few weeks he already has an excuse ..... or it could be the weather, his aunties migrane or the pies being too cold. Who Knows! I'd just settle for a convincing and stylish win on the day.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:49 pm

The U.E.F.A. cup was a massive competition until the greedy big-wigs of europe wanted more and more money.Sadly the competition is a poor relation to the champions league.But as footballer any cup is still worth winning and I hope to be in Sweden next May celebrating another cup success.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Stelistu » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:45 am

Hello everyone!
I'm from Romania and i am a suporter of Steaua Bucharest for a long time by now.I felt so very sorry because Steaua couldn't beat Liverpool,but after all the diferences in class and experience are in favour of your team.I never thought we could eliminate Liverpool,but i hoped.
Now there is something i want to ask you:which players from Steaua made a good impresion to you?
Stelistu

Postby supersub » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:54 am

Raducanu looks a good player.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - Games