LIVERPOOL v Sevilla Wed 13th September

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:36 pm

johnbarnes » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:24 pm wrote:My only understanding of what's going on in our defence is that Klopp agreed to come in and improve the playing capabilities of what we already had under the previous manager...
And with this agreement, he is now on the back foot in getting them out the door.
Klopp is an intelligent human being - so IMO the only way he can now justify getting new players in is by conceding to the owners that his abilities to improve the squad any further is not possible. This can only be justified by minutes played on the field - which no-one in our defence set up could ever argue against. They've ALL had serious minutes not only in games but in training as well. This puts him (Klopp) in a weaker managerial position -
---
"If he can't improve what we have, then why did we employ him?" is what some senior board members may start asking...
---
OK - so some will argue that LFC tried to improve the defence but a certain club did not want to sell.
On top of this we are to believe that one of the largest network of scouts could NOT find an alternative...  :no
THIS SIMPLY IS A LOAD OF HOG WASH - excuses used by the club to justify NOT spending and improving.
---
Jurgen - "Can we get a new Centre Half into the club. I've spoken to him and he will sign only for us AND he is one of the best!"
JH - "I thought you said you could improve what you already have?"
Jurgen - "Even I can't polish a turd..."
JH - "How much will this cost?"
Jurgen - "Around 60M he will be a club record signing!"
JH - "OK let's do it"

---Later That Day---

PM - "Hi John, what can I do for you?"
JH - "It has been brought to my attention that the manager has verbally agreed to sign a player for 60M!"
PM - "Really? Who is it!"
JH - F%$K who it is! Use your media connections and make sure this damn deal DOES NOT go through - AT ALL COSTS! - YOU F$%KING understand? Or it's your head on the block!"
PM - "John... John? JOHN... Ah F$%K"

--- Later That Evening---

PM - "Secretary - Get every darn tabloid press officer to give me a call - I got an exclusive for them..."

Wtf is all that about?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:42 pm

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... l-van-dijk

("It is about being dominant and losing a bit of a grip on the game in all the defensive moments. There is space for improvement. We need to learn to be dominant and not give easy goals.

"It is not a general defending problem but we have to improve 100 per cent.")

--------------------------------

I think Klopp will continue mentioning that phrase above when our defense falters " We need to learn from this...."
Just seems like his always repeating himself now. How many times have we faltered at the back then Klopp says we will learn from this, after a week or so same ol shyte again.

Yes 1 CB can't completely change the fortunes of a defense however a quality one can make a huge difference.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:10 pm

redshade » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:42 pm wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11034663/jurgen-klopp-refuses-to-blame-liverpool-defensive-woes-on-failure-to-sign-virgil-van-dijk

("It is about being dominant and losing a bit of a grip on the game in all the defensive moments. There is space for improvement. We need to learn to be dominant and not give easy goals.

I think Klopp will continue mentioning that phrase above when our defense falters " We need to learn from this...."
Just seems like his always repeating himself now. How many times have we faltered at the back then Klopp says we will learn from this, after a week or so same ol shyte again.

Yes 1 CB can't completely change the fortunes of a defense however a quality one can make a huge difference.

I love Klopp but we've heard all this before and nothing has really changed. Got to a stage where I don't know whether it's just a consequence of the way we setup or a personnel  issue or maybe a combination of both. Just want it sorted it now because we have such highs in a season where we look like we can smash every team in the league and then an equal amount of kick in the nuts where you are left questioning whether we are actually progressing. That yo-yoing is annoying.

Over to you Herr Klopp, will have been at the helm 2 years in November and this will be a key season for him and the club imo
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:10 pm

redshade » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:42 pm wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11034663/jurgen-klopp-refuses-to-blame-liverpool-defensive-woes-on-failure-to-sign-virgil-van-dijk

I love Klopp but we've heard all this before and nothing has really changed. Got to a stage where I don't know whether it's just a consequence of the way we setup or a personnel  issue or maybe a combination of both. Just want it sorted it now because we have such highs in a season where we look like we can smash every team in the league and then an equal amount of kick in the nuts where you are left questioning whether we are actually progressing. That yo-yoing is annoying.

Over to you Herr Klopp, will have been at the helm 2 years in November and this will be a key season for him and the club imo
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:37 pm

It's not really a systematic problem, it's not as if the formation we play constantly leaves us exposed and short of numbers at the back. Most of our defensive woes are down to a combination of people switching off at the wrong moment and individual footballing errors (like poor clearances etc).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:11 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:37 pm wrote:It's not really a systematic problem, it's not as if the formation we play constantly leaves us exposed and short of numbers at the back. Most of our defensive woes are down to a combination of people switching off at the wrong moment and individual footballing errors (like poor clearances etc).

In other words...
It's a sh!t defence!
---
It would not surprise me if JK switched formations over the next few weeks.
Get a more packed midfield in place with Milner in as a dedicated shield for the defence.
Perhaps a 4-5-1 or 3-5-2 or the magical 4-4-2
---
Personally - If we went 10-0-0 we'd still leak goals.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:37 pm wrote:It's not really a systematic problem, it's not as if the formation we play constantly leaves us exposed and short of numbers at the back. Most of our defensive woes are down to a combination of people switching off at the wrong moment and individual footballing errors (like poor clearances etc).

otherwise okay yakka  :grinning:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:11 pm

We Squandered good chances again to be out of sight, and we ended up paying the price. You miss chances, you get punished for it.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:20 pm

I have thus far managed to stave off delivering my critique on Wednesday nights performance, not out of anger more borne of disappointment,Anfield in full voice back where we belong ,hairs standing up on the back of your neck in anticipation and you get Lovren not even facing the play or the direction of the ball as its delivered across the box,what a complete bollock that fella is,in a game of that magnitude he decides to go full on f*cking Forest Gump. I've just had it with this defense its beyond bad,once again the ridiculous ineptitude of one of our (and this is what saddens me the most first choice ) CB's completely ruin what should have been a great night. 

It was imo ,either Moreno or Wjinaldum for Man of the match.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games