ANDREA DOSSENA: Official Thread - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:00 am

aCe' wrote:
kazza wrote:
bigmick wrote:Terrible terrible player. If it's true they've paid 4 million and we've only lost the 3 million (no doubt when the real fans have finished doing the sums we'll have made 6 million but anyway) then it is a result.

In contrast to you that will claim we lost 10 million on him and as more time goes on the amount we lose on him will also rise.

:laugh:

7mill + wages is close to 10 mill i guess...

You laugh but that was exactly my point, hense the 10million. Different idiot but same result  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:03 am

kazza wrote:
aCe' wrote:
kazza wrote:
bigmick wrote:Terrible terrible player. If it's true they've paid 4 million and we've only lost the 3 million (no doubt when the real fans have finished doing the sums we'll have made 6 million but anyway) then it is a result.

In contrast to you that will claim we lost 10 million on him and as more time goes on the amount we lose on him will also rise.

:laugh:

7mill + wages is close to 10 mill i guess...

You laugh but that was exactly my point, hense the 10million. Different idiot but same result  :laugh:

:Oo:

is it just me or did u just call yourself an idiot...

im just saying, probably your best contribution to the forum so far...

Keep it up, chump.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:08 am

s@int wrote:
kazza wrote:
s@int wrote::sleep I will save you both the effort of postinga smilie

Very odd saint, I see a ridiculous post full of sarcsm and I respond in the same way yet you chose to quote me. Hypocrisy mate! :no

Nah, I am just sick of you stalking Mick all around the forum.

Ignore poster and you will be sick no more. I never talk football, I always stalk mick, "baddie of the forum" and all that so you will not be missing much (other than a sick feeling). To contiue with the "stalker" sh1t does not bother me as I know different, ie that is what it is...sh1t! It is funny how everyone is entitled to an opinion except me.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:11 am

???

It's you (in more ways than one)

:;):
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:42 am

Has he actually been sold?

Nothing on the official site - sportinglife says:

Andrea Dossena's agent has reiterated that his client's future remains a subject of much uncertainty.

The Liverpool defender is reported to be a January transfer target for a number of Serie A clubs keen to take him back to his homeland.

However, the Reds appear reluctant to do business, despite Dossena being regarded as little more than a squad player at Anfield.

Speculation continues to suggest that it is only a matter of time before a deal is struck, but for now stalemate has been allowed to set in.

"There is no news about Andrea," Dossena's agent, Roberto La Florio, told calciomercato.it.

"At the moment everything is blocked. It all depends on Liverpool who, until now, seem to have no intention of altering their strategy."

La Florio has also ruled out the possibility of Dossena being allowed to leave on loan, with any potential deal needing to see Liverpool recoup the majority of the £7million they paid Udinese for the Italy international in July 2008.

He added: "A loan with the possibility of being signed at the end of the season? At the moment I don't think Liverpool would consider this option."

Napoli, Roma and Juventus have all been linked with the versatile 28-year-old in recent weeks.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby cheras » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:41 pm

More disappointed in Rafa than Dossena, to be honest.

We had Riise, not the best, but did a solid job.
We had Warnock, whom he shipped out.
We had Aurelio, who's in and out.
We had a budding Insua.

And Rafa blew the money on Dossena, and ddin't even give him a series of games. Then shipped out, to a total loss of 6 mil (incl wages)

That's 5 shots at the LB position and we still end up with nothing.
cheras

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:00 pm

kazza wrote:Ignore poster and you will be sick no more.

excellent piece of advice that, kazza. you should try it sometime.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:08 pm

aCe' wrote:we should really get some second opinion before allowing Rafa to spend any sort of money...

Whopper statement of the year, this. I'll say no more.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:35 pm

andy_g wrote:
kazza wrote:Ignore poster and you will be sick no more.

excellent piece of advice that, kazza. you should try it sometime.

Ahh Andy_G, the other emancipated one (just need that wet tissue Dawson and it'll be a raging good time)...

If you ignore saint and mick there will be nothing but blank spaces. Ignore me and you would not notice a thing. Makes sense really, then again sense is a rare commodity here.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:42 pm

aCe' wrote:Not the end of the world but we should really get some second opinion before allowing Rafa to spend any sort of money...

We'll just ask Mick shall we..
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:05 pm

Thingy wrote:Looks like he's gone, but good luck to the lad. Never hit it off here of course but never moaned, seemingly worked hard to try and get a chance in the team and gave 100 percent when called upon.

agree with that. He did at least try, but i don't think he could adapt to the ruff 'n' tumble of the Premier league. He also lacked the pace.

But he obvioulsy has talent, because he's played a number of times for the Italian national team. Sadly for us, he didn't show it here.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:20 pm

I am not sure the move is cut and dried yet, from sportinglife:

Benitez is expected to have to offload players before he can reinforce his squad but the future of left-back Andrea Dossena remains unclear.

The Italian is nothing more than a fringe player just over a season after his £7million transfer from Udinese and is attracting interest from clubs in his homeland.

However, any move currently seems a long way off.

"At the moment everything is blocked. It all depends on Liverpool who, until now, seem to have no intention of altering their strategy," Dossena's agent Roberto La Florio told calciomercato.it.

"At the moment I don't think Liverpool would consider [a loan] option."
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:08 pm

From Sky Sports:

Andrea Dossena Set For Napoli Move

Liverpool defender Andrea Dossena is on the verge of of joining Napoli, according to the player's agent.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez is prepared to offload Dossena as he looks to raise funds for his own signings in this month's transfer window.

Dossena has failed to live up to expectations since his arrival from Udinese in the summer of 2008.

The 28-year-old has found himself a bit-part player at Anfield this season and he came close to a move away during the summer transfer window only for a move fail to materialise.

Napoli have held a long-term interest in Dossena and reports suggest a deal in the region €5million euros (£4.5million) has been agreed between both clubs for the full-back.
Fauxy

Postby Sir Roger » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:11 pm

Fauxy wrote:From Sky Sports:

Andrea Dossena Set For Napoli Move

Liverpool defender Andrea Dossena is on the verge of of joining Napoli, according to the player's agent.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez is prepared to offload Dossena as he looks to raise funds for his own signings in this month's transfer window.

Dossena has failed to live up to expectations since his arrival from Udinese in the summer of 2008.

The 28-year-old has found himself a bit-part player at Anfield this season and he came close to a move away during the summer transfer window only for a move fail to materialise.

Napoli have held a long-term interest in Dossena and reports suggest a deal in the region €5million euros (£4.5million) has been agreed between both clubs for the full-back.

Hope so
Another one who couldnt cut le mustard...
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:12 pm

hopefully its a done deal.

Message to Rafa - no more overweight Italians
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge