ANDREA DOSSENA: Official Thread - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:09 pm

Wednesday will see the new arrival Andrea Dossena the 26 year old who will have a medical tommorrow for liverpool and his arrival signals the end for Riise.

from Sky Italia.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Footbal....ev.html

Apart from him having a girls name is he any good :D
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:20 pm

Scored a good goal on youtube. :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:34 pm

Italian full backs tend to be very good defensively and can get forward well aswell to support the attack. Dont see why this wont be anything other than a good signing.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:41 pm

Well, he doesn't have much to contend with in order of being a good signing, seeing that the previous player (Riise) has been absolutely :censored: in the past two years. If he can use two feet and stop crosses coming in and not be left looking like a plum by being skint on the edge of the area, I'll be happy. In fact, just having two feet will do me. Just ask JAR about that.

Not seen much of him tbh. I've seen the look of him. Big, rugged-looking mofo ala Chelsea's Alex.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:05 pm

yay rafa signs more full backs, we always need more in defence :D

nah, good signing, just wish hed look that little bit further up the park for his next one
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:09 pm

dawson99 wrote:yay rafa signs more full backs, we always need more in defence :D

nah, good signing, just wish hed look that little bit further up the park for his next one

rome wasn't built in a day daws we can only have one good signing a season  :p  :p  :p
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:26 pm

dawson99 wrote:yay rafa signs more full backs, we always need more in defence :D

A good point but, in fairness, if we continue with the 4-2-3-1, we'll need fullbacks who can get forward on the overlap and put some good crosses in.  Signing fullbacks may not be the strictly defensive move it appears to be.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:33 pm

Bad Bob wrote:

A good point but, in fairness, if we continue with the 4-2-3-1, we'll need fullbacks who can get forward on the overlap and put some good crosses in.  Signing fullbacks may not be the strictly defensive move it appears to be.

good point bob i have said that before, that we could use some good over lapping defenders it doesn't just leave it all to the wingers to create everything

the sort of thing cole does for chavski, if we can get that sort of thing working down both flanks then we would be able to make a huge amount of different options for forward players torres, stevie the other wingers coming in to meet the crosses all sounds good!!
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:39 pm

good signing , bye bye riise
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby King Carra » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:16 pm

Never heard of the fella. From what i've heard about him though, he's just the sort of player we need. Hopefully he'll offer us lots of strength over-lapping the wings too. Now if only Silva could sign too...:p
King Carra

Postby username » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:49 pm

If he lives up to his hype, will be a great signing, being 26 (italians develop late) it also leave room for insua to be the future.
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby metalhead » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:08 pm

dont know much about him

Is he in the italy squad for the euro?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:19 pm

No mate he's not going to the Euros!
Rafa will be happy about that!

Christian Panucci,Fabio Grosso,Giorgio Chiellini,Fabio Cannavaro,Andrea Barzagli,Gianluca Zambrotta and Marco Materazzi are the only 7 defenders in the squad!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:25 pm

hmm, thought it would be better for me to have a good look at him, well we will see how he does with us then

The only thing I heard is that he has powerful shots like riise, but Im hoping he doesnt turn out to be another riise
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:30 pm

metalhead wrote:hmm, thought it would be better for me to have a good look at him, well we will see how he does with us then

The only thing I heard is that he has powerful shots like riise, but Im hoping he doesnt turn out to be another riise

I'd have liked that too.Just because he aint in the squad though it does'nt mean hes not a good player though!

Well im hoping so anyway!

At least we can get a look at Philpp Degen our freebie,hes in the Swiss squad! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge