ANDREA DOSSENA: Official Thread - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:42 pm

bigmick wrote:. He truly is garbage (as a footballer I mean, I'm not personally slurring him or anything before the real fans give me a kicking).

:laugh: did you feel my boot just kick your a,sre , or did you think it was a fart :laugh:

I am personaly slurring him hes . :censored:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:32 pm

bigmick wrote:Dossena is surely Rafa's worst buy. Morientes didn't work out, ditto Keane, but what on Earth made the manager spend 7 million quid on this bloke? He is absolutely terrible. I'd take tyhe 2 million quid if it is offered all day long. He truly is garbage (as a footballer I mean, I'm not personally slurring him or anything before the real fans give me a kicking).

Without a doubt. Looked dodgy from the first moment we saw him. I can't imagine he looked much better in Italy to be honest. The crazy thing is it didn't take Rafa long to realise it himself but it was a bit late by then. SURELY Rafa was taking some poor scouting advice on this one? I'm not sure how many times he would have seen him play.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:00 pm

He will always have that clut status for those 2 games against Madrid and Utd but aside from that he is one of the biggest flops of recent times. I also heard his sale will fund a move for Arda Turan. Fingers crossed...
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:38 am

bavlondon wrote:He will always have that clut status for those 2 games against Madrid and Utd but aside from that he is one of the biggest flops of recent times. I also heard his sale will fund a move for Arda Turan. Fingers crossed...

Didn't think we could afford Turan. I thought we were skint, no ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby made in UK » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:08 am

"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:44 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:He will always have that clut status for those 2 games against Madrid and Utd but aside from that he is one of the biggest flops of recent times. I also heard his sale will fund a move for Arda Turan. Fingers crossed...

Funny you mention that, giving the spending over the past few years what actually leads you to think we don't have the money to spend on players?  Name one player that we could have gotten over the past few seasons, where money has kept us out of the running.

Don't even bother going down the Villa/Silva road, Valencia have stated repeatedly that they will not sell either of them.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:50 am

bigmick wrote:Dossena is surely Rafa's worst buy.

Ryan Babel gets my vote Mick - it's a close thing but the £11.5M swings the vote
in the nasty rapper's verdict.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:02 am

The Good Yank wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:

Funny you mention that, giving the spending over the past few years what actually leads you to think we don't have the money to spend on players?  Name one player that we could have gotten over the past few seasons, where money has kept us out of the running.

Don't even bother going down the Villa/Silva road, Valencia have stated repeatedly that they will not sell either of them.

Well to name a few from the last couple of years...

I believe we missed out on Vidic whom we were initially in for before utd. The most we could pay was 6mil and we eventually ended up going for Agger.

We also missed out on Jack Wilshere who of course is now at Arsenal and will probably go onto become a top top player.

There was of course Gareth Barry too first time round. I'm sure there were others too that we are not aware of.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:11 am

Bav, I really respect you views but to bring up Barry, well, that's just off the mark.  Considering the fact that Barry's price was lower than the price that was payed for Robbie Keane, well, I think that shows that money was not a factor (in regards to having enough to spend).

And as far as Wilshire, didn't that come down to him thinking he'd have a better chance at first team at Arsenal?
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:18 am

The Good Yank wrote:Bav, I really respect you views but to bring up Barry, well, that's just off the mark.  Considering the fact that Barry's price was lower than the price that was payed for Robbie Keane, well, I think that shows that money was not a factor (in regards to having enough to spend).

And as far as Wilshire, didn't that come down to him thinking he'd have a better chance at first team at Arsenal?

The fact that his price was lower than Keane means nothing mate. We recently found out that Rafas plan was to buy both Keane and Barry so assuming he was able to he would have purchased them both anyway.

Im not sure about the details of Wilshire but I do know we were in negotiations for him and Arsenal came in at the last minute and bid higher than us.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:28 am

Effes wrote:
bigmick wrote:Dossena is surely Rafa's worst buy.

Ryan Babel gets my vote Mick - it's a close thing but the £11.5M swings the vote
in the nasty rapper's verdict.

I agree I cant hate any LFC player....but Babel makes me come close,fuc'king silly wanabee rapping tool!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....ndex=49

:no  :no

Bad News
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:29 am

bavlondon wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:Bav, I really respect you views but to bring up Barry, well, that's just off the mark.  Considering the fact that Barry's price was lower than the price that was payed for Robbie Keane, well, I think that shows that money was not a factor (in regards to having enough to spend).

The fact that his price was lower than Keane means nothing mate. We recently found out that Rafas plan was to buy both Keane and Barry so assuming he was able to he would have purchased them both anyway.

Im not sure about the details of Wilshire but I do know we were in negotiations for him and Arsenal came in at the last minute and bid higher than us.

It 's sort of funny that the best debate to happen in the Dossena thread has nothing to do with the player himself.

I firmly believe that Rafa has had his fair share of money to spend in the past (Not Crazy City Money).  I just think it's been spent poorly, take for instance, Diego, he wanted to go to a Great Club that was in the CL, Werder sold him for 15 million to Juve, this was before the 18 mill was spent on Johnson. 

I don't know what other thread we could discuss this in but, well,
s@int - 13 December 2009

The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:16 pm

has signed for Napoli for £4 million, apparently.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Calciomer ... 9339.shtml

http://www.napolimagazine.com.cn/?actio ... izia=18537
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:40 pm

good news i guess ...

seems like he's off to Napoli for 5mill euros... seems like Atletico Madrid were interested too, hope it doesnt affect any chances we have/had of signing Maxi...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:44 pm

Is that confirmed on any real sites ? (Lesson 1 in how to pi$$ off the italian contingent on here  :p )
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge