ANDREA DOSSENA: Official Thread - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby made in UK » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:38 am

Rush Job wrote:
cheras wrote:More disappointed in Rafa than Dossena, to be honest.

We had Riise, not the best, but did a solid job.
We had Warnock, whom he shipped out.
We had Aurelio, who's in and out.
We had a budding Insua.

And Rafa blew the money on Dossena, and ddin't even give him a series of games. Then shipped out, to a total loss of 6 mil (incl wages)

That's 5 shots at the LB position and we still end up with nothing.

On this page alone we have lost 3m, 7m and now 6m... oh yes plus wages, dont forget the wages.

I thought people would be happy we are getting rid of players who havent worked out.

"that 5 shots at the LB possition and we still end up with nothing"

Hows that then? We still have two of the 5.

Probably becasue neither of them are good enough.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:23 am

I think Purslow should be congratulated, and "fecking Parry :angry:" before him. Whenever we sign a player, we only ever pay 25% of the fee up front, the rest of it is in "add ons", or in the case of Aquilani, forgotten about all together. Whenever anybody buys a player from us though, we get the full amount up front. If Rafa doesn't instantly trouser the advertized fee and then be given carte blanche to trawl the middle echelons of Serie A looking for the next "Il Duce", then we howl from the rooftops.

So when we buy players we don't pay for them, but when we sell players we get the whole amount up front. It's excellent.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:08 am

bigmick wrote:I think Purslow should be congratulated, and "fecking Parry :angry:" before him. Whenever we sign a player, we only ever pay 25% of the fee up front, the rest of it is in "add ons", or in the case of Aquilani, forgotten about all together. Whenever anybody buys a player from us though, we get the full amount up front. If Rafa doesn't instantly trouser the advertized fee and then be given carte blanche to trawl the middle echelons of Serie A looking for the next "Il Duce", then we howl from the rooftops.

So when we buy players we don't pay for them, but when we sell players we get the whole amount up front. It's excellent.

:D
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:06 pm

Rumoured sale to Napolii for £4.5m, don't know if that is true but he may as well fetch us that and save his wages as not play. Five appearances this season, one in the League Cup and two in the Champions League to go with one start and one sub's appearance in the Premiership.

bigmick wrote:I think Purslow should be congratulated, and "fecking Parry :angry:" before him. Whenever we sign a player, we only ever pay 25% of the fee up front, the rest of it is in "add ons", or in the case of Aquilani, forgotten about all together. Whenever anybody buys a player from us though, we get the full amount up front. If Rafa doesn't instantly trouser the advertized fee and then be given carte blanche to trawl the middle echelons of Serie A looking for the next "Il Duce", then we howl from the rooftops.

Exactly. Makes me laugh that people accept incoming fees as gospel, all paid up front in full and not a clause in sight (unless it is xmas), and when we buy the figure is always doubted, full of more little clause's than santa's house, never going to be paid and certainly not up front, and guarantees a minimal net profit because all LFC fans know how to cook the books. I reckon if someone looked closely at the Torres transfer, best be an 'expert' from this board, they'll find we didn't pay £21m for Torres but Atletico gave him to us for nothing with scoring bonuses to pay us for every 25 goals he scores in a Liverpool shirt. Obviously there'd be a clause that they pay us £5m for every season we don't win a trophy and if we sell him, they pay us 25% of the fee as a bonus.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:09 pm

Owzat wrote:Rumoured sale to Napolii for £4.5m, don't know if that is true but he may as well fetch us that and save his wages as not play. Five appearances this season, one in the League Cup and two in the Champions League to go with one start and one sub's appearance in the Premiership.

Exactly. Makes me laugh that people accept incoming fees as gospel, all paid up front in full and not a clause in sight (unless it is xmas), and when we buy the figure is always doubted, full of more little clause's than santa's house, never going to be paid and certainly not up front, and guarantees a minimal net profit because all LFC fans know how to cook the books. I reckon if someone looked closely at the Torres transfer, best be an 'expert' from this board, they'll find we didn't pay £21m for Torres but Atletico gave him to us for nothing with scoring bonuses to pay us for every 25 goals he scores in a Liverpool shirt. Obviously there'd be a clause that they pay us £5m for every season we don't win a trophy and if we sell him, they pay us 25% of the fee as a bonus.

:laugh:
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:29 pm

all the best to him and thanks for the chip against the mancs and the madrid goal
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:33 pm

Cool hand Luke has a lot to answer for in my eyes as far as Dossena is concerned. I never quite managed to get past his "fishmonger" comment, so perfectly did it describe the way he barrelled up and down the touchline. Every time I saw him after that I just couldn't shake off the image. Even in his much vaunted moment of glory against the Mancs, for me he was simply a fishmonger doing a lob.
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sully0182 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Aurelio's not good enough? why not? looks good enough to me, just needs a run of games at LB
I wouldnt write of insua just yet either, remember he's still very young, loads of time to improve
You can't just walk in here with a big banana and expect everything to be peaches...

"We see things they'll never see" - Noel Gallagher, fellow united hater
sully0182

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:29 pm

sully0182 wrote:

Aurelio's not good enough? why not? looks good enough to me, just needs a run of games at LB
I wouldnt write of insua just yet either, remember he's still very young, loads of time to improve

The problem is he rarely gets a run of games mate. Every time he starts to look like he will become a fixture at left back he gets injured, and then we have to start the whole process over again. If fit I think that he is a good player, unfortunately how long he remains fit puts his future with us under a cloud.
account deleted by request

Postby sully0182 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:43 pm

i wouldnt say he's always injured, granted he is prone, he looks fit now and rafa is still chopping and changing at LB, i reckon hes a better choice than insua at the moment and its frustrating to see aurelio not being allowed to bring to the table what i think he can
You can't just walk in here with a big banana and expect everything to be peaches...

"We see things they'll never see" - Noel Gallagher, fellow united hater
sully0182

Postby Ray Pugh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:09 pm

I just want to reiterate my comments from the Glenn Johnson thread as it's pretty valid on this one too:-

I like the look of Johnson and like its been said I think he will become a great buy.

However discounting him as he is still to prove fully.

Rafa has been here for 5 years and we are still have no great players at either full back and winger positions...... and he has bought his fair share!!!!

Good work Rafa!  :glare:
Ray Pugh

Postby loopyliverpool » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Another bad Benitez buy drifts off ignominiously at the cost of £2/3m....
loopyliverpool

Postby roberto green » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:26 pm

In Naples at this very mo having a medical according to SSN.
roberto green

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:46 am

roberto green wrote:In Naples at this very mo having 20 pizzas according to SSN.

:D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:03 am

Aurelio is ok, not the greatest defensively and not that great going forward. I certainly don't feel he can play LM that well. Dossena might as well go one way or another, he's not in Rafa's plans which speaks volumes for the manager the way he signs some of these players and doesn't use them - Kyrgiakos, Degen, Voronin, Babel, Dossena to name the obvious ones. That's five players and £20m worth of transfer fees not seeing much playing time, I left out Cavalieri as Reina is obviously first choice but as such did we need to BUY a reserve keeper when we had Martin and plenty become available on frees who I'm sure are capable of sitting.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge