Jan Molby Wonder Goal v Utd - [Merged Thread]

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby tubby » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:39 pm

Not sure how many caught it on  LFCTV but here it is anyway.

Cracking goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOkZOcMjBe4
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:53 pm

lol. why was that defender in front of him backtracking though? :p
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:08 am

The Times  October 29, 2009

Revealed at last: the 'secret' Jan Molby wonder goal

It has passed into folklore as the best Liverpool goal scored in the modern era but not seen outside Anfield. A 40-screamer that was destined for the back of the net once it left Jan Molby's boot but has never been reshown because of a TV football blackout.

Until now, that is. Molby, the Danish midfielder known for his sweet passing and burly physique, has made the only footage of his strike - recorded on a surveillance camera - available to general public after 24 years of keeping it to himself.

Scored against Manchester United in the Milk Cup, Molby's brilliant effort sees him rob Norman Whiteside of possession in the Liverpool half, slalom almost half the length of the pitch and then beat the goalkeeper with a thunderous shot.

As reward for to his contribution, Molby was given the police footage of it at a time when no domestic football was being shown on television because the club owners had failed to settle on a deal with the broadcast authorities.

But now that he's passed it on to Liverpool TV, you can decide if it's as good as its reputation suggested....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOkZOcMjBe4&feature=player_embedded

+++

I hope the miserable tw@ts posting on this forum willnow STFU.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:48 am

Reg wrote:I hope the miserable tw@ts posting on this forum willnow STFU.

Don't get that bit Reg?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:01 am

That goal has beena topic of conversation for Reds for over 20 years.

Amazing to see it only went up on youtube one day ago, and is now up to 94,000 views.

Quite stunning - more views a minute than GYBS' can post in an Rafa out thread.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:11 am

Effes wrote:
Reg wrote:I hope the miserable tw@ts posting on this forum willnow STFU.

Don't get that bit Reg?

??? Yep, got me that one too. One of my favourite players though Molby, fecking class he was.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:32 am

nice one Reg, just got to decide now which was more stunning, the goal or the fact Jan ran so far without stopping :D
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Effes » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:10 am

What a player Molby was eh?

That 1985-6 season is etched on my memory so clearly, not so much all the games but the run-in
at the end of the season.
I'll always remember Everton losing at Oxford to give us a chance. Kenny's winner at Chelsea.
What an absolute lengendary season.

None of your "Well, we dont have the money to compete so how do you expect us to win the league" shite.
We just went out and did the business.

And none of your "Well, the League Cup is not a big enough competition so we'll play a weak team" shite.
We won that Cup 4 seasons in a row in the early eighties.
My first Cup Final was the 1983 against Man U.
Ah, the memories.
Last edited by Effes on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:52 pm

Effes wrote:
Reg wrote:I hope the miserable tw@ts posting on this forum will now STFU.

Don't get that bit Reg?

I wrote that comment after reading through the forums last night. There is no much negative posting, it started with player performance, the losing streak, anti rafa, anti feckin' everything and anti everyone, then it spilled over into the General Discussion forum and infected the threads there.

A lot of people need to go get some fresh air, make some friends and start talking to girls more. Y´know this forum is a place for light hearted banter, ribbing and celebrating victories. Its not a place to come commit suicide. New Kit is NOT the Samaritians, a scream board or a place for friendless social missfits. We have a good blend of regulars, some funny, some serious, some swingers and Igor. What we dont need are the pain in the :censored: who come on here to post moans and rants and bleat on for days and weeks that Rafa should be sacked. If thats your stance fine, get on a train and go see Purslow or if you've got the balls, go round to Rafa's house. Send him a  letter - I did last year.

People need to better differentiate between a worthwhile, interesting post that contributes to teh enjoyment of the forum and a crock of moaning boring shíte because they're cant come with an original thought.

Thats what I meant - I was giving them something to be happy about!  :laugh:
Last edited by Reg on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:27 pm

OK Reg, you are now in charge of the Happy Police :D

I guess the forum is what you want it to be.
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:36 pm

Send him a  letter - I did last year.

I'll write it to you in Spanish next time

Thank you for the explanation, I thought you were enhancing the views of the excellent goal of Molby by posting an insult, which as has been mentioned, is the most direct way to achieve to be quoted. :D

The goal deserved it!, although that defence asked for it. what a goal anyway. And how packed was the crowd back then.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:00 pm

I dont know what the aattndence was at that particular match Sabes, but from memory in the late 70´s early 80´s we got 56,000-57,000-58,000  fans at Anfield. Depends I guess how many away fans came and how big the segregation was.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:06 pm

Sabre mate they where the days when the Kop was standing, there was no better place in any ground in the world to be, i dont have the words to do it justice i only wish you could of experienced it just once.

i was lucky enough to be there that night and believe me when that shot went it it was as crazy as it looked.  :D
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby maguskwt » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:01 pm

very nice goal...

but wait hold on is the link posted by bav from a surveilance camera? surveilance camera can't zoom in and out no?  ???  or that footage was edited by LFCTV already?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:37 pm

maguskwt wrote:very nice goal...

but wait hold on is the link posted by bav from a surveilance camera? surveilance camera can't zoom in and out no?  ???  or that footage was edited by LFCTV already?

I thought someone in the stand had a camera?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge