ANDREA DOSSENA: Official Thread - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:57 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:has signed for Napoli for £4 million, apparently.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Calciomer ... 9339.shtml

http://www.napolimagazine.com.cn/?actio ... izia=18537

Good bit of buissiness that if its for five million from what my Italian language can understand :laugh:

Considering we were supposed to have paid 4 million for him down payment with the rest based on appearences, looks like we might have got our money back, Shrewdie Rafa again ey :laugh: Wonder who he will spend the pound on that he gets :no
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:59 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:has signed for Napoli for £4 million, apparently.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Calciomer ... 9339.shtml

http://www.napolimagazine.com.cn/?actio ... izia=18537

well at least he can't play left wing anymore
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:01 am

He never could, eh ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Snake » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:04 am

bunglemark2 wrote:He never could, eh ?

Hah nop :P
I just never looked at him the same when he put that own goal on Italy in the Confederations Cup. 5M is more than enough to bring in the striker's we've been linked with before namely Heskey or Carew.
Snake

Postby Thingy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:22 am

Looks like he's gone, but good luck to the lad. Never hit it off here of course but never moaned, seemingly worked hard to try and get a chance in the team and gave 100 percent when called upon.
Thingy

Postby zirgoz » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:40 am

We bought him for that goal against ManU :)
zirgoz

Postby bigmick » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:49 am

Terrible terrible player. If it's true they've paid 4 million and we've only lost the 3 million (no doubt when the real fans have finished doing the sums we'll have made 6 million but anyway) then it is a result. he really must have done some good things in his time at Udinese, because based on his Liverpool performaces he isn't worth 1 million never mind 4.

Still, all managers make mistakes from time to time so we move on.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:12 am

bigmick wrote:Terrible terrible player. If it's true they've paid 4 million and we've only lost the 3 million (no doubt when the real fans have finished doing the sums we'll have made 6 million but anyway) then it is a result. he really must have done some good things in his time at Udinese, because based on his Liverpool performaces he isn't worth 1 million never mind 4.

Still, all managers make mistakes from time to time so we move on.

Eh, without wishing to start a war over net spend, as far as I can recall we never paid the full amount upfront when we bought him....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:47 am

bigmick wrote:Terrible terrible player. If it's true they've paid 4 million and we've only lost the 3 million (no doubt when the real fans have finished doing the sums we'll have made 6 million but anyway) then it is a result.

In contrast to you that will claim we lost 10 million on him and as more time goes on the amount we lose on him will also rise.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:02 am

:sleep I will save you both the effort of postinga smilie
account deleted by request

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:43 am

s@int wrote::sleep I will save you both the effort of postinga smilie

Very odd saint, I see a ridiculous post full of sarcsm and I respond in the same way yet you chose to quote me. Hypocrisy mate! :no
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:45 am

Good luck to Dossena, never settled defensively, scored a few memorable goals and ran about a lot. Never got a sustained run of games as it appeared Rafa decided he wasn't good enough at LB soon after he signed. No JAR, and amazing he cost £7 million.

From Liverpool Post. Sounds good.

LIVERPOOL were today edging closer to concluding a deal for Maxi Rodriguez – as two of their misfits moved a step nearer to the exit door.

Though there are a number of clubs monitoring the Atletico Madrid winger, including Argentina side Boca Juniors, Liverpool are confident they hold the aces.

Rodriguez is understood to be keen to link up with his close friends Javier Mascherano and Fernando Torres and has also indicated a desire to play in the Premier League.

Discussions are on-going with the Argentina international but the player’s agent, Jurgen Milewksi, has revealed the chances of Rodriguez joining the Reds are “high”.

Provided there are no hitches, the 29-year-old’s arrival could be concluded before the weekend, raising the possibility of his inclusion in the squad to face Tottenham.

But as Rafa Benitez prepares to bring out the welcome mat for Rodriguez, he is on the verge of waving goodbye to Andriy Voronin and Andrea Dossena.

Voronin, who has been absent from Liverpool’s squad since an erratic performance against Lyon on November 4, was due in Russia today for talks with Dinamo Moscow.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:51 am

fivecups wrote:Good luck to Dossena, never settled defensively, scored a few memorable goals and ran about a lot. Never got a sustained run of games as it appeared Rafa decided he wasn't good enough at LB soon after he signed. No JAR, and amazing he cost £7 million.

From Liverpool Post. Sounds good.

LIVERPOOL were today edging closer to concluding a deal for Maxi Rodriguez – as two of their misfits moved a step nearer to the exit door.

Though there are a number of clubs monitoring the Atletico Madrid winger, including Argentina side Boca Juniors, Liverpool are confident they hold the aces.

Rodriguez is understood to be keen to link up with his close friends Javier Mascherano and Fernando Torres and has also indicated a desire to play in the Premier League.

Discussions are on-going with the Argentina international but the player’s agent, Jurgen Milewksi, has revealed the chances of Rodriguez joining the Reds are “high”.

Provided there are no hitches, the 29-year-old’s arrival could be concluded before the weekend, raising the possibility of his inclusion in the squad to face Tottenham.

But as Rafa Benitez prepares to bring out the welcome mat for Rodriguez, he is on the verge of waving goodbye to Andriy Voronin and Andrea Dossena.

Voronin, who has been absent from Liverpool’s squad since an erratic performance against Lyon on November 4, was due in Russia today for talks with Dinamo Moscow.

He is obviously better than what we got to see otherwise we would not be able to sell him and he would not be an international. Clearly it was a case of not settling on Merseyside. He was professional in his approach and always tried and for that he gets my respect. I wish him the best.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:34 am

kazza wrote:
s@int wrote::sleep I will save you both the effort of postinga smilie

Very odd saint, I see a ridiculous post full of sarcsm and I respond in the same way yet you chose to quote me. Hypocrisy mate! :no

Nah, I am just sick of you stalking Mick all around the forum.
account deleted by request

Postby aCe' » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:36 am

kazza wrote:
bigmick wrote:Terrible terrible player. If it's true they've paid 4 million and we've only lost the 3 million (no doubt when the real fans have finished doing the sums we'll have made 6 million but anyway) then it is a result.

In contrast to you that will claim we lost 10 million on him and as more time goes on the amount we lose on him will also rise.

:laugh:

7mill + wages is close to 10 mill i guess...

Point is, he's gone, we only lost about 3 or so mill on him (+wages) ... Not the end of the world but we should really get some second opinion before allowing Rafa to spend any sort of money...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge