WBA VS LIVERPOOL - Sat 29th oct 2011 - 5.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Dundalk » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:28 pm

Good win but it has to be said...we were shocking up front!!

We should have got about 8
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BKrimmel » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:29 pm

THREE POINTS!!!!!
The View of Liverpool from an American Supporter
BKrimmel

Postby jimmy brighton » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:29 pm

Was saving 1,000th post for a 3rd goal but will keep it for the 3 points instead which was far more important. I said before the match that if Lucas was solid and Adam and Henderson played like they did mid-week then we'd do 'em and that's exactly what happened!
YNWA
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:38 pm

Call me crazy but Id bench Suarez for this one

I could think of another adjective.

Anyway, the result was good performance not so.

The defense was solid enough, largely because WBA looked so s.*i*e. Would have liked to have seen Johnson push on more in the second half. As Henderson didn't/doesn't offer much from there. Same with Downing, was he even on the pitch? Adam was okay but Lucas was the pick of the bunch from an ordinary midfield it has to be said.

Suarez again, tip top. If he would have started on the bench we would have struggled make no bones about it. Him and Carroll showed some promise tonight and the big oaf took his goal well. Still, I think it isn't quite happening for Andy - more perseverance is needed with Carroll but I hope it's going to click sooner rather than later, if at all.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:10 pm

Very good comfartable win. Defence and CM were very solid and restricted WBA to almost nothing. I'm still missing this killier instinct which should come sooner then later if we are to attack the CL spot. We have good spells followed by some clumsy slugish moments. Overall great result to be followed ,i hope ,by better performance.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:12 pm

Comfortable win, WBA hardly threatened until the final 5 minutes of the game.

Suarez, Lucas and Enrique on top form
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:51 pm

Very soon we are going to give some team a severe spanking a 10-0 or even more
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby tubby » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:10 pm

Queue a new thread. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:09 pm

Dundalk wrote:Good win but it has to be said...we were shocking up front!!

We should have got about 8

:nod
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby eds » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:24 pm

dundreamin wrote:Very soon we are going to give some team a severe spanking a 10-0 or even more

That's the thing, people don't realise that moaning about not converting lost opportunities is 100 times better then moaning about no opportunities or creativity at all.

Suarez makes our team click, no doubt about it. He won us the penalty and put the ball on a platter for Carroll, works his butt off every game. Don't worry it won't long till he clicks and starts scoring goals for fun like Van Persie.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby aCe' » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:01 am

Comfortable win against a distinctly average side. The CB partnership of Skrtel and Agger did very well (I hold my hand up I wasnt sure we'd cope well without Carra) and Suarez was on fire yet again. Not everyone had a great game but when you have someone like Suarez who can create chances out of nothing you dont really need that many players to be playing at their best.

Good result and puts us in a decent place in the league ahead of 3 very important matches that could very well define our season...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:10 am

Good win, a much needed invaluable 3 points esp. after Arsenal thrashed Chelsea. My MOTM goes to Suarez. Enrique played well, so did Hendo. Nice to see AC scored, must have been a relief for the lad. We played some good, fluid attacking football and unlucky to hit the post again. That was the 10th time this season hitting the woodwork, more than any PL side. But I'm not complaining because the referee's decisions were more favourable on us esp. the penalty. Even Suarez looked surprised that he gave the penalty because many refs would not have given it. Suarez was behind most of the offensives including winning the pen and making that pass to Carrol to score.

On the -ve side, we were too dependent on Suarez on the offensives and when he was taken off, we were struggling and a stronger side would have scored. What happened to Stevie? He wasn't even on the subs bench.
alwayslfc

Postby devaney » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:19 am

alwayslfc wrote:Good win, a much needed invaluable 3 points esp. after Arsenal thrashed Chelsea. My MOTM goes to Suarez. Enrique played well, so did Hendo. Nice to see AC scored, must have been a relief for the lad. We played some good, fluid attacking football and unlucky to hit the post again. That was the 10th time this season hitting the woodwork, more than any PL side. But I'm not complaining because the referee's decisions were more favourable on us esp. the penalty. Even Suarez looked surprised that he gave the penalty because many refs would not have given it. Suarez was behind most of the offensives including winning the pen and making that pass to Carrol to score.

On the -ve side, we were too dependent on Suarez on the offensives and when he was taken off, we were struggling and a stronger side would have scored. What happened to Stevie? He wasn't even on the subs bench.

Why were the referees decisions favourable to Liverpool? He didn't actually give the penalty that we were awarded the linesman did and the referee was in a better position.You also seem to think for some reason it wasn't a penalty - please explain. The referee failed to give a penalty when Jonas Olsson crudely hurled Andy Carroll onto the ground and the referee had an excellent view of the offence. The referee also failed to give a penalty for hand ball from an excellent Andy Carroll header that was goal bound and once again the referee was in a good position to see the hand ball.Not sure which game you were watching! lol

Great result and good to see Andy Carroll scoring and making a serious contribution.Suarez was the star yet again.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:05 pm

4 goals scored and 2 good away wins in 4 days makes it a good week to be a red. Solid performance all around yesterday. Thought we bossed the midfield and Luis and Carroll had their best game together in terms of looking like a partnership. There was lots of interchange between the two of them. Stand out performers for me were Lucas, Carroll, Suarez and Enrique. Saying that the whole back 4 looked solid and were rarely troubled. The biggest thing for me was not looking like we missed Stevie and Carra. In the past the team have always looked a bit rudderless and devoid of leadership out there when our two best scousers are missing but there was none of that yesterday. God win and it's important to win the next one ahead of the international break and a couple of tough matches against Chelsea and City coming up.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:21 pm

Scottbot wrote:4 goals scored and 2 good away wins in 4 days makes it a good week to be a red. Solid performance all around yesterday. Thought we bossed the midfield and Luis and Carroll had their best game together in terms of looking like a partnership. There was lots of interchange between the two of them. Stand out performers for me were Lucas, Carroll, Suarez and Enrique. Saying that the whole back 4 looked solid and were rarely troubled. The biggest thing for me was not looking like we missed Stevie and Carra. In the past the team have always looked a bit rudderless and devoid of leadership out there when our two best scousers are missing but there was none of that yesterday. God win and it's important to win the next one ahead of the international break and a couple of tough matches against Chelsea and City coming up.

Thought Lucas and Enrique were our best players mate.

How good is Enrique?  So strong on the ball, great positionally, decent coming forward and so sensible in possession.

Lucas bossed midfield yesterday.  Good simple passing and very effective in snuffing out their midfielders if they looked like getting anything going (which was rare).

Suarez was very lively, but a bit greedy at times I thought.  Carroll was visibly annoyed with him on 2 or 3 occasions when he went for goal rather than squaring it.  I'm sure Kenny will have a word after and remind him it's a team game and not the Suarez show every week.  Top player though, love his enthusiasm to get involved but I do think he needs to be careful not to cross the line into becoming greedy.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games