Watford v LIVERPOOL Sat 29th Feb 5.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Penguins » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:43 pm

Since the break it's been a shambles. Even when we have been winning it has been poor.
Seems like the players fmissed it's wasn't the summer break the way they're playing. Lazy, slow with little movement.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:58 pm

I think it’s harsh to accuse this group of players of laziness, I said at the start of the season that there was a good chance that some of our players could hit the wall after Christmas, because of the ACN and the Copa America etc some of them barely had a pre season.
Last season was physically and mentally exhausting with a neck and neck title race that went down to the wire and a CL campaign which was an emotional rollercoaster as well so to back that up with playing in a summer tournament and to then come out and do what they have done this season - that is not laziness.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:07 pm

Awful performance. But at least the millstone of being unbeaten is gone. I think this could be a positive thing. Klopp can now rotate the team and try and add some cups to tally, without having to worry about the 'invincibles' tag.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:31 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:58 pm wrote:I think it’s harsh to accuse this group of players of laziness, I said at the start of the season that there was a good chance that some of our players could hit the wall after Christmas, because of the ACN and the Copa America etc some of them barely had a pre season.
Last season was physically and mentally exhausting with a neck and neck title race that went down to the wire and a CL campaign which was an emotional rollercoaster as well so to back that up with playing in a summer tournament and to then come out and do what they have done this season - that is not laziness.

I am not saying it was going to be easy to keep mentally sharp for such a long time. Just sating that the season might end on a whimper if there is nothing left in the tank.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:32 pm

Just a bad night. Midfield were totally lacking in creativity. Desperately missed Hendo. The timing of TAA’s ***** up was unfortunate as Adam was actually beginning to do things in midfield after coming on for the Ox who was having a really bad day. Lovren  was poor but come on the result certainly wasn’t just down to him. Having said that massive credit to Nigel Pearson and Watford. They worked incredibly hard and played a very good game.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:01 pm

Don't think anyone can take a thing from Watford or deny they fully deserved that. What's worrying is there was zero creativity tonight. We wouldn't have scored if they played another hour. The scoreline could have been even worse.
Our performances look really tired the past few games, very laboured. And we don't have options on the bench, not like Citeh who can bring on game changers.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:44 pm

Watford wanted it more than us tonight they were excellent. But we looked so laboured. Mane might aswell have stayed at home, he looked so disinterested.

And don't get me started with Lovren.. We held the line so high and Lovren hasn't got the recovery pace to cover errors.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:28 am

To be fair to Watford they gave us a run for our money at Anfield as well, we ended up winning 2-0 but not before they gave us quite a scare.
IIRC they missed a couple of absolute sitters, their CF completely missed the ball twice (air shots) when he looked almost certain to score.
Thinking back that game at Anfield might have been Pearson’s first game in charge of Watford as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:30 am

We were always going to lose sooner or later but in that manner its tough to take. Thrashed by Watford  :down:

I honestly hope that is the last time we see Lovren ever start for us as he stank the place out. Constantly manhandling players and making nothing challenges before giving up. I am not blaming him for the loss but he gives fans zero confidence and half the team around him.

The lack of creativity tonight was shocking and you need that when you can't get in behind but we were lethargic and kept trying the same shyte over and over making it easier for them. Tactics as much as individual performances let us down and now we have to pick ourselves up again so with any luck this was the kick up the hole that we needed.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:48 am

Sh!t happens.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:07 am

Although we were lacking creativity we were definitely lacking grit in midfield, without Hendo or Milner we seemed to get roughed up. Lovren is a complete liability... not strong, not smart, not fast! As good as Watford were, we let them in with our lack crispness and frankly desire. I thought that was one of the worst performances since Klopp took over as they just seemed to turn up assuming victory without the hard work it takes,  what this team is known for.

Disappointed with the result but at least we can concentrate on the trophies we are in for and I’m sure Klopp is a little relieved he does not have to answer “breaking records” questions. Good test to see how they bounce back as we have a very important CL tie to get through as well as Chelsea on Tuesday.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:56 pm

Well, it would have be boring if we just waltzed along all season, at least this adds a bit of tension...It’s like a good film with peaks and troughs...the hero’s ‘plight’ makes his eventual redemption more satisfying.

A bit dramatic I know... but if I were to take off my rose tinted specs off I’d say we were *****, lethargic, and Loren needs a a good kicking.
Franky000

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:32 pm

We really need a reaction! Smash Chelsea on Tuesday and keep our treble hopes alive, smash Bournemouth and show the premier league that that was a blip then get through that tricky tie against Atletico. The next ten days could crush our fantastic season or cement it, it is up to the players! Win the next three matches and we will be back on track.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:20 pm

Well I wanted to rant yesterday so I decided not to write anything. I really wanted this team to win every title possible AND break all kinds of records AND go unbeaten in the league, we're THAT good. But it is what it is, we just weren't good enough yesterday and fair dues to Watford too, they played like men possessed, I hope they stay up. Don't want to single out a single player for yesterdays mess as they were all not up to it, but I really hope Lovren doesn't play for us ever again.

So, the unbeaten run is over but we're still fighting on two other fronts. Hopefully this loss will be a kick in the backside for us and we try harder to win those other two titles, along with the league. If we end up getting kicked out by both Chelsea and Athletico, we'll be in for two very boring months until the end of the season.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:55 pm

Yesterday was indeed disappointing but it’s important that we keep things in perspective. The 2 biggest trophies in the club game are the premier league title and the CL. We won the CL last May and Jurgen is on the verge of handing the other one over to us in a few weeks time.
Before he took over we hadn’t won the league in 30 years and we had only qualified for the CL once in the previous 7 seasons, and even then we couldn’t get past the group stages.
When you look at the number of points we’ve accrued over the last 2 years, how few games we’ve lost, the finals we’ve played in, the money we’ve spent compared to our rivals and who we’ve been up against in terms of wealth what Jurgen has done here is nothing short of a sporting miracle.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games