Brighton V Liverpool FA Cup Sun 29th Jan@ 13.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:15 pm

Back to the FA Cup again this weekend and it's revenge time!! We have to be up for this and be convincing about it.

Kelleher

Trent           konate      Matip      Robbo.

Fabinho          Bajcetic      Elliot.

Salah                 Nunez         Gakpo.

Realistically this is our best shot at winning anything this season so I hope we treat It like that. Think we had a few sitting out of training but with any luck all available come game time.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:55 pm

My lack of interest in this games reflects the owners lack of interest in improving the squad.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:35 pm

There was no midweek game this week and there won't be one next week so you'd think it would be a case of best team available. Rhythm and continuity are valuable. Expect Trent to come back in for Milner after recovering from a groin problem and Nunez for Elliott in the front 3 with Gakpo moving to his more natural position on the left. Midfield selection will be most interesting. Henderson was reportedly left on the bench for Chelsea because of a back problem but I don't think he warrants a place ahead of Keita. Then it's a case of whether Bajcetic keeps his place ahead of Fabinho or we try to get the Brazilian back in form. But I'd be horrified if they both come back in as neither of them can get round the pitch anymore. I'd go with this personally but I suspect Klopp will play Henderson.

Alisson

Trent          Konate          Gomez          Robertson

Keita          Bajcetic          Thiago

Salah          Nunez          Gakpo
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:36 pm

Reg » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:55 pm wrote:My lack of interest in this games reflects the owners lack of interest in improving the squad.

Best fans in the world apparently.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:21 pm

Probably the only trophy we have a realistic chance of winning this season so I hope we give it a go.
If the players have got anything about them they’ll relish the opportunity to have another crack at Brighton.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:29 pm

Eagle » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:36 pm wrote:
Reg » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:55 pm wrote:My lack of interest in this games reflects the owners lack of interest in improving the squad.

Yes, I've supported them for 60 years, what about you?  :rasp
I'm not a member of the happy-clappy group, when they ***** me off, I get ***** off.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:26 am

If the players want revenge then this is their chance after getting humiliated by these lot.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:58 am

Eagle » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:36 pm wrote:

To be fair Eagle it was a lot easier watching Liverpool stink up the place but give effort before we saw them be the best team in the world. Now stinking up the place and not giving the same effort is a hard thing to watch. Watching them lose but leave everything on the field is a lot easier thing to watch than what we have been witnessing.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:13 am

Reg » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:29 pm wrote:
Eagle » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:36 pm wrote:

Yes, I've supported them for 60 years, what about you?  :rasp
I'm not a member of the happy-clappy group, when they ***** me off, I get ***** off.

Don't worry mate you can skip the rest of the season if you have no interest in the actual football games. We'll let you know when we're winning again.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:47 am

As I've said 100 times over the years, it's not a matter of blind loyalty. All relationships have their ups and downs but when you see how the club and owners have allowed the team to go from top dog to a has been by not rolling the squad, yes I get ***** off.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:50 am

I just want to see the high intensity game which is us.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:42 pm

Reg » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:47 am wrote:As I've said 100 times over the years, it's not a matter of blind loyalty. All relationships have their ups and downs but when you see how the club and owners have allowed the team to go from top dog to a has been by not rolling the squad, yes I get ***** off.

I'm just surprised you keep coming back to view this match thread when you consider your "lack of interest in this game".
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:03 pm

Moises Caicedo is trying to push through a move to Arsenal and has put out a statement on his social media saying he wants to leave. Brighton have told him to stay away from the club for now and he will be left out of the squad for our game on Sunday. Big boost for us as he's one of their best players.
Eagle

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:09 pm

Eagle » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:42 pm wrote:
Reg » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:47 am wrote:As I've said 100 times over the years, it's not a matter of blind loyalty. All relationships have their ups and downs but when you see how the club and owners have allowed the team to go from top dog to a has been by not rolling the squad, yes I get ***** off.

I'm just surprised you keep coming back to view this match thread when you consider your "lack of interest in this game".

Hey fella's, the pair of you have been in the forum for knocking on 20 years. Your support for the club is not in question, just accept that sometimes long standing fellow supporters wont always see things the way you do.

YNWA   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:56 pm

We have become a victim of the modern game unfortunately.. nothings gonna happen in this transfer window on improving the squad, and we are already getting the empty promises of "we're spending big in the summer" deflections again.

That being said we have to get behind the boys and put all that disappointment aside. There's still alot to play for this season starting today, so hopefully the lads knuckle down and fight to prove we are all wrong.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games