Brighton V Liverpool FA Cup Sun 29th Jan@ 13.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:52 pm

I just don't understand what FSG's are playing at, every man and his dog can see we desperately need reinforcements, reading the back of the paper this morning the journo was going on about how the result wasn't a shock anymore and only Liverpool fans expected Liverpool to win, everyone else in the country expected Brighton to turn us over which pretty much says it all.
Not building from a position of strength a few years back when everyone including the likes of Mbappe was casting admiring glances our way was a huge eff up, you can see what's going to happen now a mile off, we' ll finish outside the top 4 and then have to put up with being lectured all summer about the need to cut our cloth according and the need to accept the fact that no big names will come here without CL football.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:25 pm

I agree mate won't be easy attracting top names, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Salah join us when we qualified for UCL?

I just hope Klopp is able to create another side and get us back up top. If we lose Klopp and still have fsg then lads expect us to go back to mediocrity.

Do we really think FSG will splash 150+ mill in summer without selling players. They'll be hoping we can make at least 65-70% from sales.
Last edited by redshade on Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:00 pm

devaney » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:02 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:49 pm wrote:It's hard to get behind the team when it's so obvious what the outcome is gonna be for the rest of the season. I'm disgusted and embarrassed with the position we're in right now, and I'm not sure who to put the blame on anymore.

I saw this coming a mile away, as did alot of other ppl on the forum.. but the FSG supporters put us in our places, made out we were the ones overreacting and this is the outcome.

Finally we can all agree that investment is needed ASAP!! If we don't react in the next 2 days then this season is a write off.

I have defended FSG for a very long time as they have successfully achieved what no other manager or owners had in 30 years. Winning the league, the CL and getting incredibly close to winning 4 trophies last season is worthy of a lot of credit which you seem incapable of giving them. When FSG arrived the club was in a pitiful state and it wasn’t going to be a simple fix. Rodgers was unlucky not to win the league. The ground and academy development are also worthy of a lot of praise. You seem to be ignoring the fact that Diaz, Jota, Firminio and VVD are all injured. Nunez and Gakpo are taking time to adapt. Salah has not been at his best since the AFCON. The club is currently worth in excess of £3b which is an indicator of their success.

Unfortunately, you started off by saying that you find it hard to get behind the team at the moment. That just about sums up the quality of the support from our infamous whinge committee. If ever, there was a time  that Klopp and the team need our total support it is now. I had to laugh at the City supporters who boo’ed  their team at half-time, when they were losing two nil to Spurs !!  :help  Perhaps I’m just getting too old and struggle to appreciate the mentality of the plastics.
The only thing FSG have got right was employing Klopp. Without Klopp we would be exactly where we were 20 years ago. I see things differently to you, and I could predict exactly how this season would pan out. That doesn't make me "a plastic fan" it means I'm a supporter of the club who watches and analyses every game and can see clearly where the problems in the team is.

Klopp has done a unbelievable job here and I don't feel he's had the backing from FSG to carry on competing at the top level.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:38 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:00 pm wrote:
devaney » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:02 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:49 pm wrote:It's hard to get behind the team when it's so obvious what the outcome is gonna be for the rest of the season. I'm disgusted and embarrassed with the position we're in right now, and I'm not sure who to put the blame on anymore.

I saw this coming a mile away, as did alot of other ppl on the forum.. but the FSG supporters put us in our places, made out we were the ones overreacting and this is the outcome.

Finally we can all agree that investment is needed ASAP!! If we don't react in the next 2 days then this season is a write off.

I have defended FSG for a very long time as they have successfully achieved what no other manager or owners had in 30 years. Winning the league, the CL and getting incredibly close to winning 4 trophies last season is worthy of a lot of credit which you seem incapable of giving them. When FSG arrived the club was in a pitiful state and it wasn’t going to be a simple fix. Rodgers was unlucky not to win the league. The ground and academy development are also worthy of a lot of praise. You seem to be ignoring the fact that Diaz, Jota, Firminio and VVD are all injured. Nunez and Gakpo are taking time to adapt. Salah has not been at his best since the AFCON. The club is currently worth in excess of £3b which is an indicator of their success.

Unfortunately, you started off by saying that you find it hard to get behind the team at the moment. That just about sums up the quality of the support from our infamous whinge committee. If ever, there was a time  that Klopp and the team need our total support it is now. I had to laugh at the City supporters who boo’ed  their team at half-time, when they were losing two nil to Spurs !!  :help  Perhaps I’m just getting too old and struggle to appreciate the mentality of the plastics.
The only thing FSG have got right was employing Klopp. Without Klopp we would be exactly where we were 20 years ago. I see things differently to you, and I could predict exactly how this season would pan out. That doesn't make me "a plastic fan" it means I'm a supporter of the club who watches and analyses every game and can see clearly where the problems in the team is.

Klopp has done an unbelievable job here and I don't feel he's had the backing from FSG to carry on competing at the top level.

If you honestly believe that the only good thing that FSG have done was employing Klopp then to be honest it’s hardly worth continuing with the discussion. You actually sound worse than the clown like supporters that boo’ed City !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:04 am

I'm not wanting a discussion, it's my honest opinion. If FSG stay as owners of this club for the next ten years, then that's 10 years of us not winning the league.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:42 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:04 am wrote:I'm not wanting a discussion, it's my honest opinion. If FSG stay as owners of this club for the next ten years, then that's 10 years of us not winning the league.

Erm  :lookaround
Not FSG's biggest fan but I seem to remember winning the league, and the champions league plus a rebuilding of of stadium under their stewardship . Surely they've done something right ????

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:47 pm

I mean if it wasn't for Barcelona spending stupid money on Coutinho we would have never won the league or the champions league. And if building the stadium gives us extra money to invest in a aging team, then yeah I can support and get behind that.. but I think the extra revenue will be extra profit straight into FSGs back pocket.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:58 pm

So they got Klopp, sold Coutinho for a lot of money and then reinvested them into proper players that won us the CL and the League? That's a lot of things done right for them to be a fluke. We can rightly criticize them for the current situation, they definitely should have done better, but they did a lot of things right as well.

They planned and executed a lot things in the right way. It's not just Klopp they signed that was great but the whole team like Michael Edwards etc. IMO there's not much more the owners could have done back then, and it's possible that if it weren't for the pandemic we would have stayed on the right track.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:31 pm

Also they did things that are left with the club after they leave like a world class training facility, they modernized an aging stadium while adding 17k seats and they have seriously bulked up the sponsorship revenue. The owners could sell tomorrow but the club would still have that.

It just seems very strange though that we have not bought a midfielder even on loan, every team is buying except us. I don’t buy the owners are cheap and don’t want to spend and I don’t buy that they want to keep their powder dry for the summer. It’s obvious we need a midfielder at the very least to replace Arthur who never completed a single game. I think it also has to do with people leaving at the start of the season, I guess we will have to read the tell all book when it comes out to find out.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:43 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:47 pm wrote:I mean if it wasn't for Barcelona spending stupid money on Coutinho we would have never won the league or the champions league. And if building the stadium gives us extra money to invest in a aging team, then yeah I can support and get behind that.. but I think the extra revenue will be extra profit straight into FSGs back pocket.

Liverpool played hard ball with the parasites at Barcelona and secured one of the biggest transfer fees in history. You’re even incapable of appreciating the negotiating skills involved to get that deal signed off and wether you like it or not it was down to FSG. Alison, Fabinho and VVD were all very expensive acquisitions so don’t tell me they don’t reinvest. Your notion that the extra revenue and profit goes straight in their back pockets is absolute nonsense. They have never taken a penny out of the club and in fact, the reverse is true as they have provided the club with interest free loans. They have developed a business that was in the gutter into a business that is currently worth between £3/£4 billion so yes sometime in the future they will make an extremely tidy profit and frankly I wish them all the best. They have run a very successful and sustainable business. I’m afraid that you seem to have the business acumen of an ant.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:58 pm

devaney » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:43 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:47 pm wrote:I mean if it wasn't for Barcelona spending stupid money on Coutinho we would have never won the league or the champions league. And if building the stadium gives us extra money to invest in a aging team, then yeah I can support and get behind that.. but I think the extra revenue will be extra profit straight into FSGs back pocket.

Liverpool played hard ball with the parasites at Barcelona and secured one of the biggest transfer fees in history. You’re even incapable of appreciating the negotiating skills involved to get that deal signed off and wether you like it or not it was down to FSG. Alison, Fabinho and VVD were all very expensive acquisitions so don’t tell me they don’t reinvest. Your notion that the extra revenue and profit goes straight in their back pockets is absolute nonsense. They have never taken a penny out of the club and in fact, the reverse is true as they have provided the club with interest free loans. They have developed a business that was in the gutter into a business that is currently worth between £3/£4 billion so yes sometime in the future they will make an extremely tidy profit and frankly I wish them all the best. They have run a very successful and sustainable business. I’m afraid that you seem to have the business acumen of an ant.
I support the team, that's the most important thing. The fact we've primarily become a buisness for the owners to use the Liverpool brand to eventually make billions from us doesn't interest me at all. They've neglected the most important thing and now we're in a huge mess that you're incapable of seeing because you're too interested in how much money these guys are going to be walking away with. If FSG stay here, they'll continue to make millions, we'll have zero debts, and the team will finish no higher than 6th.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:55 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:58 pm wrote:
devaney » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:43 pm wrote:

I support the team, that's the most important thing. The fact we've primarily become a buisness for the owners to use the Liverpool brand to eventually make billions from us doesn't interest me at all. They've neglected the most important thing and now we're in a huge mess that you're incapable of seeing because you're too interested in how much money these guys are going to be walking away with. If FSG stay here, they'll continue to make millions, we'll have zero debts, and the team will finish no higher than 6th.

I support Liverpool Football Club. Perhaps that’s where we differ. Your support is a little bit like a bank that is happy to lend you an umbrella when the sun is shining !! For whatever reason the team is going through a dire spell. It isn’t simply down to not buying new players. Our injury record is becoming farcical and I wonder if that is a training issue. Unfortunately when players get injured it seems to take them forever to get back into the team due to the seriousness of the injuries. Konate being the latest victim.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Previous