Brighton V Liverpool FA Cup Sun 29th Jan@ 13.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:31 pm

Eagle » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:03 pm wrote:Moises Caicedo is trying to push through a move to Arsenal and has put out a statement on his social media saying he wants to leave. Brighton have told him to stay away from the club for now and he will be left out of the squad for our game on Sunday. Big boost for us as he's one of their best players.

I read that Arsenal want to buy him and Rice, where do they get the money from? All of a sudden they have become a buying club after years of not spending. Caicedo Was bought by  Brighton for 5million and now they want 80 million. I cannot understand why we are not stocking up on unheard of 5 million players from S America or Africa, just as a stop gap. You just need one out of ten to make it to have been worthwhile. We probably spent that on Arthur!
Last edited by kazza on Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:33 pm

Trent Alexander-Arnold returns to the starting line-up at Amex Stadium, replacing James Milner in the only alteration made to the side deployed against Chelsea last weekend.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Gomez, Robertson, Bajcetic, Thiago, Keita, Elliott, Salah, Gakpo.

Subs: Kelleher, Fabinho, Milner, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Tsimikas, Nunez, Matip.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:20 pm

Not playing too badly, considering our form. Unlucky to be level, should have gone with one up to the break. Hopefully we can win it in the second half.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:26 pm

It's just so predictable. We need reinforcements immediately! It's painful to watch this.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:34 pm

A 50/50 game. Not happy to have lost but we can now put all focus on the league and CL games to come, for me a top 4 finish is far more important than progress in the FA Cup.

Found my self singing today "What's that coming over the hill, is it a monster ? yes it's Konate" :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:40 pm

All the old guard were on the pitch there when we lost that game. That lad who scored their winner (Mitoma) looks a player.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:49 pm

Another toothless performance. And again we seemed to go backwards when Fabinho came on. He was lucky not to get sent off for that awful challenge.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:04 pm

Oh well......We look disjointed as usual.

What is wrong with Fabinho? From world class to pub player, he came on for few minutes but just looked all over the place. You can't become this bad in such short time. The injury he had prior UCL final, wondering if that has affected him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:18 pm

Well that didn't work out very well did it?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:49 pm

It's hard to get behind the team when it's so obvious what the outcome is gonna be for the rest of the season. I'm disgusted and embarrassed with the position we're in right now, and I'm not sure who to put the blame on anymore.

I saw this coming a mile away, as did alot of other ppl on the forum.. but the FSG supporters put us in our places, made out we were the ones overreacting and this is the outcome.

Finally we can all agree that investment is needed ASAP!! If we don't react in the next 2 days then this season is a write off.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:34 pm

Absolutely deflated after that and again lots more feeling that this side is well finished. The body language from the players looks wrong, the tactics look wrong and the desire from the players isn't there anymore. They can't score to save their lives ATM.

1st half was better but still far short on quality. We got worse in the second and the subs made no difference at all. Fabinho should have gotten a red for that tackle as well.

Klopp imo is gone at the end of the season for sure. He isn't going to hang around while we buy a player or two and expect miracles.  I honestly think fans are fooling themselves thinking we will do it quickly as well because we won't and not under FSG. The homegrown rule will cause problems and that means a few that aren't any good will stay to balance the books.

This season can't end quick enough for me.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:12 pm

It is a terrible  with the wind.

Just look at  peanuts, just look !!!
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:40 pm

Was frustrated to see Nunez on the bench and the team looked like they were setup in a diamond formation again when the same system was taken apart by Brighton a few weeks ago. But we were much better than that day. Pretty even game overall but we lost control with that triple sub on the hour mark. And this was at a time we were starting to control Brighton. It’s been a common theme recently and I don’t think Klopp is using the subs very well. No one looked tired out there, it just seemed to be a tactical move but we lost our way in the final half hour. Maybe making less subs at a time will cause less disruption.

Thiago was poor playing slight higher up the pitch. Henderson and Fabinho were poor when they came on but Gakpo was a plus point. Thought it was his best game for us with loads of good linkup play. Also another solid outing by Bajcetic providing loads of energy and snap in the middle of the pitch.
Eagle

Postby devaney » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:58 pm

Totally agree with Eagle, this five substitute rule in an  absolute load of nonsense. Causes nothing but disruption. Doesn’t help the flow of play. Just causes confusion. A little bit like Tommy Smith’s post!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:02 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:49 pm wrote:It's hard to get behind the team when it's so obvious what the outcome is gonna be for the rest of the season. I'm disgusted and embarrassed with the position we're in right now, and I'm not sure who to put the blame on anymore.

I saw this coming a mile away, as did alot of other ppl on the forum.. but the FSG supporters put us in our places, made out we were the ones overreacting and this is the outcome.

Finally we can all agree that investment is needed ASAP!! If we don't react in the next 2 days then this season is a write off.

I have defended FSG for a very long time as they have successfully achieved what no other manager or owners had in 30 years. Winning the league, the CL and getting incredibly close to winning 4 trophies last season is worthy of a lot of credit which you seem incapable of giving them. When FSG arrived the club was in a pitiful state and it wasn’t going to be a simple fix. Rodgers was unlucky not to win the league. The ground and academy development are also worthy of a lot of praise. You seem to be ignoring the fact that Diaz, Jota, Firminio and VVD are all injured. Nunez and Gakpo are taking time to adapt. Salah has not been at his best since the AFCON. The club is currently worth in excess of £3b which is an indicator of their success.

Unfortunately, you started off by saying that you find it hard to get behind the team at the moment. That just about sums up the quality of the support from our infamous whinge committee. If ever, there was a time  that Klopp and the team need our total support it is now. I had to laugh at the City supporters who boo’ed  their team at half-time, when they were losing two nil to Spurs !!  :help  Perhaps I’m just getting too old and struggle to appreciate the mentality of the plastics.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext