Southampton V Liverpool - Sunday 22nd Feb K.O. 4.15pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:03 pm

Feck me...this is back to the bad old days of defending.

No defensive midfielder to protect the back 3.....no full backs to protect the back 3.....hence the ball comes straight back after every ball we play out.

FFS, sort it out BR otherwise we'll get spanked in the second half.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:03 pm

Lallana anonymous, Lovren a red card waiting to happen, Joe Allen a drenched schoolboy playing against men

Apart from that great goal and great ref so far :D

WTF is mongolet doing
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:03 pm

Not sure if its the weather or not but we look nervous.

Lovren looks devoid of any ability to read the game, which is pulling skrtel and can over more to cover.

Our left side is wide open most of the game. Moreno on for marko for sure
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:05 pm

What a hell were you guys expecting? We're playing the Saints at their place, it was never going to be a walk in the park. I think we've had an alright game so far and we're in the lead. We've been lucky with ref decisions though, can't argue with that.

Who the hell is the commentator on NBC though?! Can't f*cking stand him, does anyone have a Sky Sports link?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:05 pm

cardiff-red » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:03 pm wrote:Lallana anonymous, Lovren a red card waiting to happen, Joe Allen a drenched schoolboy playing against men

Apart from that great goal and great ref so far :D

WTF is mongolet doing

I thought Mignolet did well. Definitely saved that goal in the beginning when he parried with his leg...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm

Are links allowed?

Sorry if they are not

http://www.vipleague.is/football/283358 ... nline.html  sky sports
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:08 pm

Would like to see Markovich off and Moreno on ASAP!!

and Lallana off for Sturridge
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:09 pm

damjan193 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:05 pm wrote:What a hell were you guys expecting? We're playing the Saints at their place, it was never going to be a walk in the park. I think we've had an alright game so far and we're in the lead. We've been lucky with ref decisions though, can't argue with that.

Who the hell is the commentator on NBC though?! Can't f*cking stand him, does anyone have a Sky Sports link?

Mate, we're lucky to be still in it. I can only think that Koeman ran over a black cat on the way to the stadium, because they should be leading.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:11 pm

We're getting overrun. Need to get Allen out of there, probably Lovren-he's really struggling.

They're dominating us, and if there's one more incident even remotely close to a pen/red card for them, Friend's giving it. Their fans have really had a voice and you know he's getting nervous.

I genuinely can't remember the last time Sterling had a good game. I feel like he continues to try and do too much to prove he's worth whatever the hell he's asking for in his contract, and it's costing us. We need a real striker in there so we can actually put some pressure on them, and create something on the counter.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:11 pm

Unless Brendan makes changes were aren't going to get anything from this game. We have rode our luck big time here.
He needs to put Balotelli on for Lallana for a start, the ball isn't sticking up front and we need someone to give us a foothold in their half.
I'd also bring Moreno on for Markovic who is struggling to cope with Clyne and I'd bring Toure on for Lovren as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:11 pm

Not the best quality but here is Coutinho's goal to enjoy again

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B-dt4zbIUAAzLlY.mp4
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:11 pm

Cheers mate. Yes, links are allowed, don't worry. Couldn't stand that NBC commentator. "THAT'S OUTSIDE THE BOX, THAT'S OUTSIDE THE BOX!", ***** Ming didn't even catch it with his hand ffs!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:17 pm

damjan193 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:11 am wrote:

Cheers mate. Yes, links are allowed, don't worry. Couldn't stand that NBC commentator. "THAT'S OUTSIDE THE BOX, THAT'S OUTSIDE THE BOX!", ***** Ming didn't even catch it with his hand ffs!

Graham Le Saux is the commentator, and he's kinda losing it. The guy with with him has actually been worse, I think in support of Le Saux more than anything (Le Saux is a Southampton legend, if you didn't know)

Here's my thing. They say hitting your hand or arm when its at a natural angle is never a pen. Well how is that not natural for Mingolet? He's a keeper, and he had his hands up while he was in the box trying to block it. Not only that, but it first hit him in the chest and was going out of the box, so he's no longer taking away a goal scoring chance because he's already stopped the ball with his chest, so no red card.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:19 pm

First correct sub...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:36 pm

Some possession would be nice.

Ball just goes up to forwards then comes straight back
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games