Man Utd v Liverpool - Sun 15th Jan 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:47 am

Pogba reminds me of Patrick Viera to a certain extent. He is a beast and brushes past players.
Hendo and Wij will have go be on top gear to neutralise him.
Im hoping Matip plays we need him to keep Ibrahimovic at bay.
I feel Lovren or Klavan will get caught out.

This game is hard to call just depends which individual will make a difference.

I'd take any sort of win. Even if Moreno comes on for last few mins, shoots from halfway line the ball bobbles about deflect Rojos backside and goes in.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:33 am

redshade wrote:Yup thats the side i would like to see aswel.

Can needs to be on the bench. Hendo, Wij and Lallana linked really well when we were on fire.
Crucially whats important is playing Firmino and Couts close to each other. They compliment each other really well.
Im really hoping Matip will be fit.
This is going to be some battle.
Lets press the ***** out of them!!!

devaney wrote:Yes that team for me Yakka. Just hope Couts, Hendo and Joel are all fit enough. Just hope that JK doesn't play Karius on the back of his performance against Southampton even if it was impressive. I think he would be a bag of nerves against United and they would expose his weaknesses. Wouldn't start Danny. He just doesn't work hard enough  and against this lot we need more than just his brilliance in front of goal.

Although that's the team I would go with lads I have to say I'm bracing myself for the announcement of that team sheet tomorrow afternoon.
For a start I'm not sure he will start with Coutinho, 20 minutes of football isn't a lot after 7 weeks out and the opinions of medical department's seem to override the wishes of managers these days so Phil will probably be allowed to play a half if we are lucky.
Matip has been out a long time too, if you ignore that West Ham game where he clearly wasn't fit he's been out nearly as long as Coutinho, again is it realistic to expect someone who has been out 6/7 weeks to go straight back into the side without any game time whatsoever?
Plus whenever Hendo is ready to come back he usually says something in the Echo but he's been very quiet as well.
That team I posted is the one I'm hoping takes to the field at Old Trafford but I have to say it's not the one I'm expecting.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:05 am

Btw just to show how close things are at the top we could easily find ourselves out of the top 4 by tomorrow evening.
Arsenal in 5th are just 3 points behind us and a couple of goals worse off goal difference wise, a 3-0 win for them today against Swansea would see them leapfrog above us (as will Spurs if they beat West Brom at WHL).
If City beat Everton tomorrow and we fail to beat United that's us in 5th!
Everyone has caught us up, we've frittered away our good start by dropping points against the likes of Southampton, Bournemouth, West Ham and Sunderland.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:25 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:05 am wrote:Btw just to show how close things are at the top we could easily find ourselves out of the top 4 by tomorrow evening.
Arsenal in 5th are just 3 points behind us and a couple of goals worse off goal difference wise, a 3-0 win for them today against Swansea would see them leapfrog above us (as will Spurs if they beat West Brom at WHL).
Everyone has caught us up, we've frittered away our good start by dropping points against the likes of Southampton, Bournemouth, West Ham and Sunderland.

Sorry mate I don't get those type of posts...can you candidly say that you expecteď this Liverpool team to keep winning all season long? We are way over performing compared to start of year forcast yet we keep lingering on the Sunderland type results...

Sorry Yakka it's too hursh and not realistic approach.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:08 pm

only me » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:25 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:05 am wrote:Btw just to show how close things are at the top we could easily find ourselves out of the top 4 by tomorrow evening.

Sorry mate I don't get those type of posts...can you candidly say that you expecteď this Liverpool team to keep winning all season long? We are way over performing compared to start of year forcast yet we keep lingering on the Sunderland type results...

Sorry Yakka it's too hursh and not realistic approach.

I think it's just frustration that we should have at least 5 pts more.  The results that really get to me are the ones at Bournemouth and Sunderland because we were 15 mins away from picking up the 3 pts in each game and ended up with none in one and 1 in the other.

You dont really expect to lose to Bournemouth when you are 3-1 up with 15 mins left. Maybe Sunderland got lucky with the pen but the fact we were 2-1 up with 15 mins to go against a team deep in relegation trouble and came out with only a point still irks people and I can understand it.

The results v Southampton, West Ham and Burnley I have less of a problem with to be honest.

You're right, we are overachieving this season however we are riding a wave this season and fans will feel dropped points even more as we are so close to the top. For a big club, we have been starved of any real success for quite a while now and being so close to the top, think it's kinda natural people will feel more frustrated and I can understand that.

Obviously, if we are in the top 4  come end of the season the majority of fans will be more than happy but if while we in it for the title, fans will get frustrated when we drop chances to close the ground.

Also, I think the media have been making more of a fuss about us as title contenders with the way we have been playing and scoring loads of goals while maybe not giving the teams behind as much coverage. However, I've always said, even during our good period, that those other teams have never been too far from us and always in touch and have just as much of a chance as much. We just got more attention because we have been much more exciting to watch with our play and goals and the media have maybe been guilty of over hyping us and hence fans jumping on the wave and getting frustrated at dropped points even more than usual
Doeboy

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:11 pm

We have no reason to fear this Manc team. We have beaten them there in the past and will do so again many times in the future.

This will be a far more open game than at our place which will play right into our hands. We have the power to score goals, and I think our defence edges theirs.

1-2 to the redmen.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Hurrah for Crazyhorse !!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:08 pm

crazyhorse » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:11 am wrote:We have no reason to fear this Manc team. We have beaten them there in the past and will do so again many times in the future.

This will be a far more open game than at our place which will play right into our hands. We have the power to score goals, and I think our defence edges theirs.

1-2 to the redmen.

Oh United aren't any great shakes, in fact they needed 2 late goals just to beat Boro at home not to mention that ridiculous sending off they got at West Ham so I agree they aren't playing as well as their form suggests, it just that without our best players we are a one paced, unimaginative, distinctly average side prone to defensive errors. I don't think the plodders in our squad have it in them to go to Old Trafford for a high profile, high stakes game and win.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:04 pm

Reg » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:00 am wrote:Dev, I can sort of rationalise losing to most teams but not the Mancs.

It's silly at my age but Fergitwat created such a hatred of his arrogance and rudeness that I'll never get over it.

Come on Red Men !!

Same for me Reg, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to win tomorrow. Apparently they're going for ten wins in a row against us tomorrow at OT, with current form I'm nervous but anything can happen in football!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:01 pm

We are 4th now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Wow some emphatic victores today.
Chelsea so far 1 up.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:08 pm wrote:
crazyhorse » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:11 am wrote:We have no reason to fear this Manc team. We have beaten them there in the past and will do so again many times in the future.

1-2 to the redmen.

Oh United aren't any great shakes, in fact they needed 2 late goals just to beat Boro at home not to mention that ridiculous sending off they got at West Ham so I agree they aren't playing as well as their form suggests, it just that without our best players we are a one paced, unimaginative, distinctly average side prone to defensive errors. I don't think the plodders in our squad have it in them to go to Old Trafford for a high profile, high stakes game and win.

Yup thats what is worrying me if we don't start with Couts and Hendo does not make it aswel then I'd say we pretty much may struggle.

Can and Wij in mid usually perform poorly together.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:12 pm

Chelsea 3-0
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:26 pm

redshade » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:31 pm wrote:Wow some emphatic victores today.
Chelsea so far 1 up.

This season there seems to be a gulf between the top 6 sides and the rest. Was watching the early KO on sky earlier today and it was like men v boys. WBA under Pulis are a tough not to crack and I thought they might go down there and nick some points but they couldn't get near spurs and were lucky it was only 4-0 in the end. Similarly, looks like Arsenal and Chelsea have brushed aside their opponents
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:35 pm

Anyway, whatever happens tomorrow, it is not make or break. Plenty of twists and turns left. A win would be amazing and a massive confidence boost, a draw could be a very valuable point and a loss, although absolutely gutting, does not make or break the season and we are still there because things will still be very tight. I can't see us losing tomorrow. Have a feeling JK will have the lads up for this one and wouldn't be surprised if we really take it to the mancs and rattle them
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games