LIVERPOOL v crystal palace Mon 15th Aug 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:07 pm

No Matip as well now. Probably be Virgil and Gomez at CB. With City 3 nil up at HT against Bournemouth we are already under a bit of pressure to win.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:02 am

Palace are a really physical team, especially in the center of the field. I'm a little bit worried if we start with Harvey in this one that we'll lose the key duels.

I think we'll play a midfield of Hendo, Fab, and Milner just to play it safe. I'm hoping we start with Nunez, it would be exciting to see what he could do over the 90 minutes.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:36 am

I hate that every game is soo pivotal even in this early stage. Confident we will win but won't be easy, Nunez to score on home turf.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:06 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:02 pm wrote:Palace are a really physical team, especially in the center of the field. I'm a little bit worried if we start with Harvey in this one that we'll lose the key duels.

I think we'll play a midfield of Hendo, Fab, and Milner just to play it safe. I'm hoping we start with Nunez, it would be exciting to see what he could do over the 90 minutes.

With the forward line, defense and goalie we have Miner Fab and Hendo should have enough to get things done, Palace haven’t looked good in preseason or against Arsenal. Having said that, if Palace park the bus which they will probably do then we will need some creativity in the middle to break them down.

It’s our first chance to see Darwin battle in the box against a physical defense, I’m curious to see whether he can open up som gaps with his physical presence.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:02 pm

It’s funny how the press are so reactive. After we beat City the press were hyping us, how Haaland missed chances. Then we drew against Fulham, we started getting linked with all kinds of midfielders, a lot of mentions. Haaland scored a penalty and a one on one, all of a sudden he is unplayable and a bargain at what they are paying him. Yesterday they one 4-0 without a mention of Haaland. Today no mentions of Liverpool, all talk of Manure. Tomorrow if we play well, no links to players, if we struggle then every midfielder will be linked. They all say the same things. It’s so scripted and quite comical as it has become entertainment rather than information.

I guess they have to earn a living too.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:02 pm

kazza » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:02 pm wrote:It’s funny how the press are so reactive. After we beat City the press were hyping us, how Haaland missed chances. Then we drew against Fulham, we started getting linked with all kinds of midfielders, a lot of mentions. Haaland scored a penalty and a one on one, all of a sudden he is unplayable and a bargain at what they are paying him. Yesterday they one 4-0 without a mention of Haaland. Today no mentions of Liverpool, all talk of Manure. Tomorrow if we play well, no links to players, if we struggle then every midfielder will be linked. They all say the same things. It’s so scripted and quite comical as it has become entertainment rather than information.

I guess they have to earn a living too.

It's 100% entertainment and clickbait. However, unfortunately it's what people obviously want to read, since that sort of stuff is what gets people interested. Says more about us than them I guess.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:01 pm

Gomez in for Matip. Joel supposedly might have a late fitness test but not worth the risk.

Keita will slot straight in for Thiago on that left hand side just like he did loads of times last season.

And then just a case of if Nunez comes in for Firmino having had a full week of uninterrupted training at Kirkby.

First game at Anfield, evening game, fire lit up the players ***** after the result last week. Think we'll put on a good show.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:46 am

I think the crazy talk about it being absolutely vital that we walk away from this match with three points is simply down to City’s early-season performances which I hate to admit have been very impressive. I certainly agree that we need to make a statement. We didn’t look impressive against Fulham and a repeat of that performance would be disappointing to say the least. Okay we’ve got some injuries but we can still field a very impressive team. Anfield will be buzzing for this game and the team certainly need to be at their best to shut up the doom and gloom merchants.

COYR

YNWA
Last edited by devaney on Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:23 am

Have to say Arsenal look pretty impressive up front with the likes of Jesus, Martinelli, Saka and Smith-Rowe linking up really well and even the normally flakey Spurs seem to have developed a bit of a backbone under Conte.
With 5 decent teams in this division now we can’t afford to take anything for granted like we did last week when we thought we just had to turn up at Fulham to get the 3 points.
We need to be at it from the first minute no after you Claude like last week and we need to be ready to work hard
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:42 pm

I see that Forest played Neco Williams as a midfielder on saturday and apparently played very well. TAA should likewise move up to strengthen the middle of the field. It would be an interesting experiment.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:37 pm

Reg » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:42 pm wrote:I see that Forest played Neco Williams as a midfielder on saturday and apparently played very well. TAA should likewise move up to strengthen the middle of the field. It would be an interesting experiment.

Neco played right wing back. Probably the position that suits his game best.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:19 pm

Nat starring over Gomez in defence? Am a bit concerned about that one.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:36 pm

That starting line up scares me to death. I'm happy to see Darwin start though, let's hope he can bag a few goals to take the pressure off of the defence.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:43 pm

Bit concerned about tonight not going to lie, that’s a weakened side by our standards.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:50 pm

Phillips is a strange one alright and not loving our midfield either.

Still they know what needs to be done so cmon the pool :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games