Man Utd v Liverpool - Sun 15th Jan 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:34 pm

Time to turn attentions to Sunday now and the big game. Bit nervous about this one as they are in form and we are not so much a blip but more of a period where we are not matching the standards we had earlier in the season. Hopefully Hendo and Coutinho start because I really worry if those two are out what with Mane away as well. Also could do with Matip coming back to deal with Ibrahimovic.

We are more than capable of picking up 3 points there but Maureen will be looking forward to this one and will have his players up for it and wouldn't be surprised it turns out to be a draw to be honest.
Doeboy

Postby Mikz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:24 pm

A win is a must. Keeps them out of the race and would do our confidence a world of good.

Maureen says - this is the game he looked for from before the season kicked off?  WHY??????  ???  I hate that fcker so much...

Id like to think Klopp can outwit him, they will be more open and that will suit - Bring it on  :buttrock
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:39 pm

Im not a huge fan of us playing 3 central midfielders, I much prefer the set up where we play 2 CM's + Lallana.
Our front 3 need more support than 3 plodding midfielders chugging away behind them so hopefully Jurgen will be brave on Sunday and pick an attacking line up.
If we try to sit back and contain United with 3 CM's they will literally wipe the floor with us. If an out of form Southampton side should have scored 4 against us you can imagine what an in form United side will do if we try to set up the same way.
We just haven't got the players to play that way so let's at least go out on our shields and have a go.
Any news on Matip and Hendo? If they aren't fit I really fear for us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:00 am

Dreading this one myself but ive got hope because Couts is back. with our magician anything is possible.

A victory over Mancs and especially the tw.at mourinho would be sweet.
Last edited by redshade on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:50 am

Let's not beat around the bush, this is our BIGGEST game of the season and also theirs.

Klopp needs to reverse the form slump we have and will need to use all his cunning to outfox Maureen.

Coutinho usually plays well against this lot and if we get either Henderson and Matip back in, we have a chance of getting all 3 points.

They may be on 9 game winning streak but other than Tottenham (at home) they have had mediocre opposition to plough through, so the so called "experts" are getting well ahead of themselves again.

Klopp has a very good record against Maureen, having beaten him 3 times already in 6 games. For some context Wenger was only able to beat him once in 16 and Whiskey Nose twice in 16.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:53 am

Their fanbase are very confident.
I know we have been off form lately but we have to understand we've missed our main players.
Our main xi has not started together for some time.
Against the Mancs we will be closer to our main xi, just Mané missing out. Well thats if Matip and Hendo are back.

Anyhow the Mid will be key in this match. We have to be strong and catch them out.
No silly mistake in this one.

I really don't know how this match will end. Either a draw or 1-0 win to either side.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:01 am

One of those necessary occasions I go down on my knees and pray.

'Please God... let us beat the Mancs. Chelsea can have the league, I don't care about the score but we must beat the Mancs. Thanks.'

:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:55 am

Reg you're feeling generous !! My hatred for those arrogant Chelsea ***** is equal to my absolute loathing of Man United  :laugh:

I'd be happy with a scruffy 1-0 win providing that Lovren kicks  Ibrohamabitch into row Z !!!!!

Haven't quite worked out who I actually hate more whether it is the scum or the self proclaimed  special prat !!
Last edited by devaney on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:00 am

Dev, I can sort of rationalise losing to most teams but not the Mancs.

It's silly at my age but Fergitwat created such a hatred of his arrogance and rudeness that I'll never get over it.

Come on Red Men !!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Reg I don't think I will ever get to an age when I don't hate every last thing about the Scum  :laugh:

I still find it really difficult to watch that annoying little ***** Neville on Sky.I was *****.ed for a week after he took the job at Valencia !! Just a shame that the useless cu.nt and is equally annoying brother got the sack-I'm still in a state of depression  :(
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:32 pm

I know theres a lot of football left to be played but I get feeling this match will define our season, crossroads to the campaign.

Liverpool fans dont need reminding how hard it is to win at Old Trafford but a victory would be massive for us, lose and the momentum would swing and put our hard work to this point in peril of collapse.

Klopp was waxing lyrical anout Mikhitaryan so I suspect would have loved him here, again we are back to money and having an ambition to gamble in the market. In my opinion he should be in our team tomorrow, and going forward we must start stamping authority and intent during the recruitment windows.

The Rooney record factor will ramp it up even more as Im sure he would love nothing better to stick it up us and take Charltons crown.

Weve struggled without 3 key players but 2 will hopefully return and Sturridge and Origi must step up with Mane away.

Im dreading it but always do, course we can win but will probably need to be at our very best and at United any team needs a lot of luck, particularly with officials.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:31 pm

Bad feeling about this one. Much is being made about coutinho coming back but to be honest he goes awol in a lot of big games when much is expected of him. Matip possibly back as well but bound to be rusty.
And up front we've looked pretty toothless lately.
Nah, don't feel good about this at all....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:38 pm

If we can field this side we might have a chance -

Mingolet

Clyne.               Matip.             Lovren.          Milner

Hendo.             Wijnaldum

Lallana

Origi.                                  Coutinho

Firmino

That was pretty much the team that started the season so well (bar Mane). Origi is probably the closest like for like replacement for Mane that we have so I'd go with him.
However if Jurgen is forced to play Klavan in the back line and 3 CM's in the middle I might not even bother watching the game, as parchpea mentions if Rooney breaks Charltons record against us we'll never hear the last of it and I cant be @rsed watching it happen.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:44 pm

Yup thats the side i would like to see aswel.

Can needs to be on the bench. Hendo, Wij and Lallana linked really well when we were on fire.
Crucially whats important is playing Firmino and Couts close to each other. They compliment each other really well.
Im really hoping Matip will be fit.
This is going to be some battle.
Lets press the ***** out of them!!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:57 pm

Yes that team for me Yakka. Just hope Couts, Hendo and Joel are all fit enough. Just hope that JK doesn't play Karius on the back of his performance against Southampton even if it was impressive. I think he would be a bag of nerves against United and they would expose his weaknesses. Wouldn't start Danny. He just doesn't work hard enough  and against this lot we need more than just his brilliance in front of goal.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Next