LIVERPOOL v crystal palace Mon 15th Aug 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:51 pm

We had 70% possession and we had 24 attempts at goal.. but I wasn't happy with what I was watching. We are either too slow in our build up play, or we tried to force a pass that's not there.

The midfield is the problem.. and it's a big problem. Without Thiago we have zero creativity in there. We've known this for 2+ years now but continue to run with it.

Hendo, Milly, Fabinho have the legs and the fitness to make it difficult for the opposition.. but we don't have that player that can feed a killer pass. City have Silva, KDB, Gundogan, and Foden that have the ability to find that pass and that's the biggest difference between us and them.

We can go out and buy Bellingham .. but its just a younger version of Henderson. I don't know who's out there that can do what KDB can do.

I remember that Aouar kid from lyon out playing KDB a few years ago and KDB was very complimentary after the game. He's unhappy at lyon and Forrest have come in with a £17m bid. He's been abit off of the radar recently but at 25 I'm sure there's still a big player in there.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:28 am

When Klopp first came it was all about pressing and running 120km per match, in fact at Dortmund he would cancel days off when the team didn’t achieve it but you need young players for that. When we first started we were all over teams but we were letting in goals, as with the high press we were getting caught out in addition to leaking a lot of goals from corners. We changed personnel (VVD and Allison) and improved defensively but were not as attacking, we weren’t smashing teams and conceding three, we became more professional and winning 2-0.

Against Fulham was the first time that I remember we were out run so convincingly, not sure why that is. We have evolved with the age of the team and become a professional world class team, geared around a great defense, relying on great forward players doing world class stuff. Since last year, Mo went off the boil and with the loss of Mane we are not getting enough of those world class performances. Jota and Diaz came to the best attack in the world, it was probably easier to look good. Now they have to carry the line, I think they can and I still think we are a world class team but I do think we need better midfielders.

Conceding first has now become habit and a major problem in our team, we need to start focusing on clean sheets and hope our forwards can score.we have let in three goals in two matches against lower level opposition, that is not good. I think the warning signs were there in preseason but people were saying “it’s just preseason, it means nothing” (even after being smashed by ManUre) but whether preseason or not, winning is a habit.

For a great team to evolve and maintain its high standards is not an easy thing, and unlike City we can’t afford to make mistakes in the transfer market so we need to be bang on every time.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:53 pm

Some good posts in here, hard to disagree with any of them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games