wolves v LIVERPOOL Mon Mar 15th 8.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Franky000 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:42 pm

Mane's been playing ok actually relative to recent performances pre Leipzig....with bobby off form, Jota's brought something resembling his best form out of him again.

With a fit Jota earlier this season we'd be second at least.
Franky000

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:50 pm

Jota more likely to score though. Hope that keeper is alright and the delay is more precaution.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:54 pm

Hoped Patricio is ok there...looked pretty serious
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:06 pm

Finally...3 points wrapped up after 107 mins
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:07 pm

It wasn't petty. But it's 3 points.

I hope the Wolves keeper is OK. Looked like a nasty collision.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:07 pm

f*ck me, we were riding our luck there, but 3 points is 3 points. slowly getting back on track.
Franky000

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:53 pm

Its an ugly win but grateful for the 3 points.  Motm for me was Phillips as he made some real important interventions at a few crucial moments. 

We are now only 5 points off Chelsea and our next game is on the 4th of April so plenty of time to sort ourselves out for a good run at them. We will need to be putting in better performances than that though. The likes of Robbo and Trent could do with using this time to work on actually picking a man with a cross and the forwards need to start learning how to get on the end of it. Its embarrassing watching some of the efforts we waste over and over again.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:10 am

How can Thiago still not know how to tackle at his age?
The guy is a walking red card waiting to happen.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:35 am

3 points all that matters at the moment. Thought Kabak done well and Jota looked lively.

We must try to just win every game now, if we can string a 3-4 wins I'm sure the tide will change.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:10 am

Firstly I’d just like to echo what others have said re the Wolves keeper, hope he’s okay, that looked a nasty (but purely accidental) collision with Coady and it’s never nice to see the medical staff rush onto the pitch en masse like that carrying oxygen tanks etc. I wish him all the best and hope the incident looked worse than it actually was. Fingers crossed for the lad.
As for us it wasn’t our best performance by a long chalk but we dug in and won a game we had to win. We rode our luck once or twice but sometimes you have to do that in this league. We missed some really good chances ourselves btw.
Jota has definitely made a difference to our attack just as Fab has made a big difference to our MF. All we can do now is try to win as many games as we can and see what happens but tonight was massive, a loss or draw there tonight and our season would have been over.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:58 pm

The good news from last night was that on a few occasions I noticed Phillips was the last man back before Allison which demonstrates that he's trusted as 'last man', also that Kabak was playing on the left side covering for Robertson moving forward which is how VVD plays. So it seems Klopp has recreated the VVD/Gomez style of play to allow the rest of the team to reshape and press forward. The front 3 now just need to rediscover putting the ball in the back of the net as we should've scored at least 3 last night. The defence was excellent, rock solid which bodes well for the rest of the season. What a difference having Fab in front of them as well.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games