LIVERPOOL vs Stoke  7 Oct 2012 3pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:15 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:13 pm wrote:Roger, I don't understand why you're bringing Rodgers into this, it's got nothing to do with Rodgers. I believe in Rodgers, I believe in his philosophy and I think we should stick with him through thick and thin.

Suarez for me is just trouble and his diving antics are costing us genuine decisions, decisions which can change matches and it's because he dives, simulates and play acts. He's a dirty player and his dive today was as bad as Gerrard's dive against Bolton. He rightly has a reputation for play acting and it's not a reputation he'll get rid of and nor does he deserve to have it removed with his diving. He should have been booked for that dive imo. This club has stood by him and he just lets us down with such behaviour. I get the distinct impression that he doesn't respect this club. His words suggest he does, but actions bring his words into disrepute. He needs to sit down and have a long hard look at himself. His conduct since arriving here has been nothing short of disgusting and I've had enough of him.

agree with you for the most part, athough i disagree that he doesn't respect the club.

Luis makes me cringe at times...but he's a very good player and, surely, a small pep talk is all that's needed?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:18 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:15 pm wrote: Luis makes me cringe at times...but he's a very good player and, surely, a small pep talk is all that's needed?

Luis does more than make me cringe, the fella makes my blood boil. How many pep talks does this fella need? It's not pep talks he needs, it's fines and suspensions he needs. He should be treated in the same way Balotelli is treated at Man City, like a small petulant child. Mancini handles Mario very well, that's how managers should treat Suarez until he is ready to grow up and maximise his potential.
Last edited by Boxscarf on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boxscarf

Postby the lone wolf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:18 pm

john craig » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:10 pm wrote:This forum really has gone downhill over the years.

There used to be some sensible debate after a bad result, now it's just children spitting the dummy out.

Sky TV has a lot to answer for with the current generation of jumped up spoiled brat fans who demand instant success from their teams.  Here's a tip, if you're looking for that here you're 'supporting' the wrong team.  Maybe mumsie can fork out for a Man City top for Christmas for you instead this year.

Don't really agree that it is people spitting ther dummy out?
A once liverpool manager said in probably our greatest moment in history at half time.
"We are Liverpool" - it is that simple - WE ARE LIVERPOOL!
I think it is ok for 'The Real' fans on this forum to still be proud of being Liverpool and not accept poor results because the on-going regime (and past) of stripping management status time and time again simply isn't The Liverpool way.

After all - the past 50 years have to mean and stand for something, don't they?
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:22 pm

You need to get some perspective. This club has endured a difficult three-and-a-half-years and you're expecting us to be sitting top of three? The problem with our club doesn't just lie with results, it lies with unrealistic expectations. This club does not have a divine right to dominate English and European football because we were successful 30 and 40 years ago. A big problem with our club is our fans are self-entitled and walk around with an attitude befitting of Xerxes.
Boxscarf

Postby the lone wolf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:22 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:15 pm wrote:
Boxscarf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:13 pm wrote:Roger, I don't understand why you're bringing Rodgers into this, it's got nothing to do with Rodgers. I believe in Rodgers, I believe in his philosophy and I think we should stick with him through thick and thin.

Suarez for me is just trouble and his diving antics are costing us genuine decisions, decisions which can change matches and it's because he dives, simulates and play acts. He's a dirty player and his dive today was as bad as Gerrard's dive against Bolton. He rightly has a reputation for play acting and it's not a reputation he'll get rid of and nor does he deserve to have it removed with his diving. He should have been booked for that dive imo. This club has stood by him and he just lets us down with such behaviour. I get the distinct impression that he doesn't respect this club. His words suggest he does, but actions bring his words into disrepute. He needs to sit down and have a long hard look at himself. His conduct since arriving here has been nothing short of disgusting and I've had enough of him.

WHY NOT SUPPORT ANOTHER TEAM THEN? Liverpool without Suarez - Wait till summer and you'll have your way  :veryangry
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby the lone wolf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:22 pm wrote:You need to get some perspective. This club has endured a difficult three-and-a-half-years and you're expecting us to be sitting top of three? The problem with our club doesn't just lie with results, it lies with unrealistic expectations. This club does not have a divine right to dominate English and European football because we were successful 30 and 40 years ago. A big problem with our club is our fans are self-entitled and walk around with an attitude befitting of Xerxes.

Never mentioned anything about unrealistic expectations, so why mis quote?
Simply put - As a Liverpool fan I aspire to certain goals, so should our managers, Team Players, Owners, Ground Staff, Cleaners... This is what Dlaglsih called for, and this is what we stand for.
Stand for nothing - and you'll fall for anything!
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:31 pm

the lone wolf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:22 pm wrote:
WHY NOT SUPPORT ANOTHER TEAM THEN? Liverpool without Suarez - Wait till summer and you'll have your way  :veryangry

Are you for real? Luis Suarez has done very little at this club to be held in such a high-esteem. If I was referring to Robbie Fowler, John Barnes, Ronnie Whelan or Billy Liddle, then you'd have a valid point. This fella has dragged the reputation and image of this club into the gutter with his on the pitch nonsense. If he leaves in the summer, he leaves, good riddance to bad rubbish, I say! I've tried so hard to defend Suarez, I defended him vehemently when he was up on a 'racism' charge, I've defended him a lot, but I'm just not going to bother anymore, he doesn't deserve it. He's bad news through and through.
Boxscarf

Postby the lone wolf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:31 pm

One more point:

Having paid to support your team whether it is through Match Ticket purchasing, Sky Sports subcription, Home Kit purchase for Xmas etc, entitles the individual to an opinion and if that means being VEXED then it is fair game.

That's the one right all football fans have!
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:32 pm

the lone wolf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:26 pm wrote:
Simply put - As a Liverpool fan I aspire to certain goals, so should our managers, Team Players, Owners, Ground Staff, Cleaners... This is what Dlaglsih called for, and this is what we stand for.

Dalglish had us playing worse football last season, then Rodgers has us playing this season and remember Rodgers didn't have over £100m worth of investment at his disposal. He had little over 1/3 of that to spend this summer. He also had to bring the wage bill down too.
Boxscarf

Postby the lone wolf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:33 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:31 pm wrote:
the lone wolf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:22 pm wrote:

Are you for real? Luis Suarez has done very little at this club to be held in such a high-esteem. If I was referring to Robbie Fowler, John Barnes, Ronnie Whelan or Billy Liddle, then you'd have a valid point. This fella has dragged the reputation and image of this club into the gutter with his on the pitch nonsense. If he leaves in the summer, he leaves, good riddance to bad rubbish, I say! I've tried so hard to defend Suarez, I defended him vehemently when he was up on a 'racism' charge, I've defended him a lot, but I'm just not going to bother anymore, he doesn't deserve it. He's bad news through and through.

That is your right  :D
YNWA
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby the lone wolf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:35 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:32 pm wrote:
the lone wolf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:26 pm wrote:

Dalglish had us playing worse football last season, then Rodgers has us playing this season and remember Rodgers didn't have over £100m worth of investment at his disposal. He had little over 1/3 of that to spend this summer. He also had to bring the wage bill down too.

This round about is getting dizzy!
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:35 pm

the lone wolf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:31 pm wrote:One more point:

Having paid to support your team whether it is through Match Ticket purchasing, Sky Sports subcription, Home Kit purchase for Xmas etc, entitles the individual to an opinion and if that means being VEXED then it is fair game.

That's the one right all football fans have!

You're not wrong, but you're acting as though we've lost 5-0 to Stoke City. I have seen a major improvement in our team's play since Rodgers arrived and he's doing a good job given the fact he's operating with one arm tied behind his back. I'm frustrated that we didn't win today and I'm frustrated when we lose or draw, but us fans need some perspective here - Rodgers was never going to turn our fortunes around in one year. Better times lie ahead with the fat man from Northern Ireland, but we need to give him time and we need to give him support.
Boxscarf

Postby dundreamin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:01 pm

WTF is this s.*i*e the d.ickheads are spouting off about suarez?? Is he really a diver? Is he FOOK he gets kicked to fook every game gets 100% penalty decisions never given to him. So those who are having a go at him must think he's a racist too. Well you will be made up when barca or Madrid come calling. Total K.NOBHEADS
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:12 pm

dundreamin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:01 pm wrote:WTF is this s.*i*e the d.ickheads are spouting off about suarez?? Is he really a diver? Is he FOOK he gets kicked to fook every game gets 100% penalty decisions never given to him. So those who are having a go at him must think he's a racist too. Well you will be made up when barca or Madrid come calling. Total K.NOBHEADS

He also dives - that can't be ignored
Benny The Noon

Postby The Hustler » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Get down and boogie !!
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games