Stoke V Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:42 pm

The Raven » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:33 pm wrote:How the f*ck can the spirit be flat coming off of the fulham game?

Like i said we are starting to look like AVBs chelsea side that didnt want to play for him

It shouldn't be but it clearly is. Stoke is a hard place to come to, that is a fact. Prior to this game they had only conceded 3 goals at home all season. We looked well outmuscled and nervous.

To me, our biggest problem is depth and variety in the squad. Enough to be able to setup differently and apply a plan B that is effective against non-footballing teams like Stoke.

The next two transfer windows will be proof as to whether both FSG and Rodgers are long term solutions for LFC. I believe they are, you other muppets can write us off but who really expected anything less of you plastic types??
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:42 pm

Stoke City are unbeaten in their last 9 home games.
Boxscarf

Postby only me » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Boxscarf » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:36 pm wrote:
only me » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:34 pm wrote:
Didn't we spend 35 on Carrol? 18 on Downing ? 18 on Henderson? 6 on Adam? 15 on Allen? 18 on Suarez? how much more money do you need/want?

Forget Kenny, and the only reason Kenny had that much money to spend was down to the sales from the club and the revenue generated. You're making it sound as though FSG have dipped into their pockets and financed the two managers under their stewardship.

If things with Rodgers do not work out, then FSG will need to bring in a proven manager (Rafa) and give him the backing he needs to achieve the expectations they have set.

Forget Kenny? Never  :)  Fact is FSG gave enough funds for both our managers to go out their and make deals. As If Rafa scouting skill were much better (Aquilany ,Dossena ,Fcking Robby Kin). FSG are stable owners with clear cut perspective on how a Biz should run ,it's the manager and his assistants responsibility to do a better job in getting players (Start with bringing enough strikers for a Premier league club)
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:45 pm

FSG's model will never lead us to success, it will lead to us to mediocrity.
Boxscarf

Postby mart » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:46 pm

Boxscarf » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:40 pm wrote:
mart » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:37 pm wrote:
Yet every other club other than those 3 spend less than us. Sorry but 30 mill is not a joke of a sum. Over the last few seasons only man city and chelsea has a larger net spend than us. Stop whining about not having a rich ***** that uses the club like his personal toy.

We have Owners who talk and a great talk but then do absolutely nothing in terms of actions.

Those players are not good enough and neither are these joke of Owners we've got.

If we want to become a great football club again and not an old relic of yester year, then we need better leadership from the top of the tree, FSG are not suitable owners, even Boston Red Sox fans want them gone from their club.

They are not the ones buying the ***** players we get, nor are they leading the team or playing the matches. Looks like we are set to spend at least another 16 mill to put our spending to around 45 mill this season. I dont think we have much to complain about from the owners.
Last edited by mart on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:46 pm

Boocity » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:41 pm wrote:Really disappointed by that result, we outplayed them and but you cannot defend like we did and expect to win games, too many players seem to have a Christmas hangover, passing was not smart enough in the final 3rd and our finishing was awful

It's also an arduous task when trying to play the style of football we try to and open teams up, we don't have the quality. Especially against we drilled sides like Stoke. But even before this can happen, you need to stamp your name on the game in midfield and we just got bullied to buggery today. Someone like that Diame fella for West Ham is the kind of midfielder we need, a strong powerful athletic type, we're too nimple and weak, soft in the center. Far too often we get overun and outplayed in midfield, this has a knock on effect and because of this our defense look flaky.
Last edited by Kenny Kan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Boxscarf » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:45 pm wrote:FSG's model will never lead us to success, it will lead to us to mediocrity.

What Model is this exactly? not being rich enough as oil cummers City owners?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:48 pm

Boxscarf » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:45 pm wrote:FSG's model will never lead us to success, it will lead to us to mediocrity.

So Clueless it's becoming funny
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:52 pm

That was poor. The stats will say we didn't play badly, but the truth is that we defended poorly, passed and finished poorly when it mattered, and Rodgers got his substitutions wrong.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby romliv » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:54 pm

it is sad to note that all teams who want to revive the championship face Liverpool, Stoke remained on 3 draws,
Aston Villa took 12 goal after we have defeated at home ..
Our defense suffers every game, today there was Luis enrique was excellent, the rest of the defenders was out match
Swarez is always isolated in attack and he alone can not work miracles
brief you feel disappointed, each time hope reborn and after that we lose games

for those who still watch how many points separate us from the fourth place, I highly recommend looking at the back as it gets serious

sad evening
when we don't have what we love, we must love what we have!
romliv

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:57 pm

Raoul » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:52 pm wrote:That was poor. The stats will say we didn't play badly, but the truth is that we defended poorly, passed and finished poorly when it mattered, and Rodgers got his substitutions wrong.

"wrong" ? what a phuckin' understatement that is....
he c0cked up on a monumental level....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:21 pm

Official LFC ‏@OfficialLFC
RODGERS: "Stoke play a brand of football where sometimes they get lucky. We can comfort ourselves with the fact we were the better team."

I don't think we can BR. Needs to take of his rose tinted glasses and look at where we went wrong
Doeboy

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:22 pm

Doeboy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:21 pm wrote:Official LFC ‏@OfficialLFC
RODGERS: "Stoke play a brand of football where sometimes they get lucky. We can comfort ourselves with the fact we were the better team."

I don't think we can BR. Needs to take of his rose tinted glasses and look at where we went wrong

That's a very worrying statement.

Being the better team doesn't always put points on the table and we just haven't got as many points on the table as we'd like.
Boxscarf

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:22 pm

LFC2007

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:31 pm

Boxscarf » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:32 pm wrote:
only me » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:29 pm wrote:
You are one bitter person. I would suggest Suarez taking his chances in front of goal before moving to greener grounds ,he still has miles to cover before moving to better teams in Europe.

Suarez has no problems scoring goals for his country. 30 goals in 60 appearances says it all.

Also Suarez has been one of our best players today, it's not his fault that the rest of the players around him do nothing for him.

When Suarez is on his game he is untouchable. When hes not I wouldnt touch him with a shitty stick
Their play was simple and effective and the finishing was effortless. We huffed and puffed and played like we never wanted to score, not just Suarez, but Gerrard, Shelvey, Johnson, Downing all played their part in not finding the net
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games