Stoke V Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:39 am

What's all this shi.te about blaming FSG again and again. If Kenny and Comolli had spent the £110m on some decent players that FSG allowed them to spend then FSG would be regarded as wonderful especially given the amount of money we received for Nando and the way he went on to play for Chelsea !! Rodgers has so far proved to be no better. Allen is hopelessly lightweight and average at best. Borini also hasn't set the world on fire and looks like another Italian lightweight! The two of them cost close to £30m which isn't exactly a fkg pittance. Did FSG tell Rodgers,Dalglish and Comolli to go out and buy a collection of fkg muppets? If they did then fair enough it is all their fault !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:08 am

1: We were absolutely *****. Felt the players didn't show any passion. For me, only Suarez was worth his weight in gold. Think Gerrard know's he's not going to win the EPL (at this rate anyhow), and has maybe lost that drive and ambition as a result. Suppose the same can be said for most LFC players at the moment!
2: We were second to every ball. Lost possession easily, and gave the ball away cheaply, and didn't show any inclination to win the ball back. Stoke hounded us for every ball, LFC didn't have a chance to make any ground in the game as a result.
3: Why do we have to play the ball out from the keeper every single time no matter what? we don't have the players to do this, unlike Barca that have the quality in abundance. Opposition teams know we are going to do this, they press high up the pitch, put us under pressure, we lose the ball, they score........it is getting on my nerves.
4: We've got to sort our defence. We are rubbish at defending set plays.
5: As Thommo's Perm mentions, we have to play like every game like its a cup tie, it's a must, however, the team is not strong enough to handle it imo, and I really don't know what can be done about it at the moment. Don't know what anyone else thinks, but to me, all the players, except Suarez, seem to be mentally, physically, even emotionally drained (might be something to do with the things mentioned at point 1).
6: Can someone explain to me what tactics we were employing in yesterday's game, cause I have know idea...
7: Do we have a Plan B or C?, what is it? Whatever we were doing yesterday (and I've noticed in previous games when we haven't played well) was not working, but we kept playing the same way. Ridiculous.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby parchpea » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:51 pm

You can win football matches through brute force or sublime skill and ideally a combination of
both and more over you need a burning desire to compete and win football matches.

Regrettably we have little or none of these important attributes in our team and until this is
resolved through the transfer market we will continue to struggle.

Teams like Stoke cannot afford the sublime and sexy footballers so they recruit people who are
mentally and physically tough enough to compete against better technicians, and part trouble is
we fall somewhere inbetween a way of playing and the standard of player we are able bring in
to do it.

Its one thing banging on about the style of play but if we cannot afford boys like Mata and Hazard
its a hell of an ask to pull it off and thats one of our biggest problems this season.

Bring in decent technicians, but lets not kid ourselves, we need grafters and a physical presecence
combined with a tough will to win as these ingredients are essential in football and we need to
address this issue as well as buying in quality.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:32 pm

parchpea » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:51 pm wrote:
Its one thing banging on about the style of play but if we cannot afford boys like Mata and Hazard
its a hell of an ask to pull it off and thats one of our biggest problems this season.

Bring in decent technicians, but lets not kid ourselves, we need grafters and a physical presecence
combined with a tough will to win as these ingredients are essential in football and we need to
address this issue as well as buying in quality.

:nod   :nod   :nod  Agreed .

20 mins into the Stoke game the thought " in terms of presence it looks like men versus boys" came to mind, and the "men" weren't the ones wearing a Liverpool shirt.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games