Wolves V Liverpool FA Cup 17th JAN KO @19.45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:51 pm

Performances have been poor since we returned after the WC. Plenty of talk from the players as well that we need to turn it around and do better so it's up to them to show that starting with this replay.

I'd go with

                           Kelleher.

Trent         konate            Matip         Robbo.

                 Bajcetic    Fabinho    Thiago.

                  Salah         Nunez       Gakpo.

Kelleher needs the games and usually the Cups are his so that's who I'd start in goal.
I'd keep the defence as it is and hope the midfield offer better protection while supporting the attacks quicker. If Nunez isn't available then I'd go with Carvalho. He's miles ahead of Doak imo. Carvalho can also play AM so that's another option if Klopp decides to tweak things.
User avatar
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 8556
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:35 pm
Location: ireland

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:10 pm

As I can't explain whats going on at the moment it's very hard to comment. Seems the fans are more committed to winning than the team.
User avatar
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 13434
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Singapore

Postby Welshwizard » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:39 pm

I think klopp needs to try a different formation even a 3 5 2 and pack midfield as that’s our downfall at minute. Just teams walking through our midfield at ease. Play Tiago with Henderson in centre Trent in right robbo on left with maybe Nunez and Salah up top with maybe Jones in pocket behind. Gomez matip and konate as the 3 centre backs we have to try something
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:23 pm

Welshwizard » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:39 pm wrote:I think klopp needs to try a different formation even a 3 5 2 and pack midfield as that’s our downfall at minute. Just teams walking through our midfield at ease. Play Tiago with Henderson in centre Trent in right robbo on left with maybe Nunez and Salah up top with maybe Jones in pocket behind. Gomez matip and konate as the 3 centre backs we have to try something


Yeah I tend to agree, going forward obviously 433 is our preferred formation but because our midfield is so porous atm imo we need to temporarily tweak our line up
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 12210
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:51 am

Klopp said in the presser today that Nunez is doubtful and he will make changes as there was a few tired legs after Brighton.

Maybe we are just focusing on the league and the upcoming RM game.
User avatar
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 8556
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:35 pm
Location: ireland

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:41 am

I cringe to think what might happen tonight.
User avatar
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 13434
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Singapore

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:49 am

I just hope for a good performance, would like to see Doak given a start and chef Gordan Ramsay.
redshade
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 5568
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:56 pm

They probably feel hard done by since they should have rightly won, they will be up for it. If we don’t match their intensity it could get ugly.
User avatar
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 6163
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: Spread thin

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:59 pm

They will definitely be up for it and will be seeking "justice". Either we will keep it tight and respond, which I doubt, or get smashed.
redshade
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 5568
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:04 pm

Good few changes.

Kelleher.

Milner, Matip, Gomez, kostas.

Bajetic, Elliot, Keita, Thiago.

           Carvalho,    Gakpo.

Hopefully it's good enough to get a win.
User avatar
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 8556
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:35 pm
Location: ireland

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:48 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:04 pm wrote:Good few changes.

Kelleher.

Milner, Matip, Gomez, kostas.

Bajetic, Elliot, Keita, Thiago.

           Carvalho,    Gakpo.

Hopefully it's good enough to get a win.

As a supporter it will be very interesting to see how they play together as it is a radical selection, but 99% of all neutrals will probably say that is a team that is not supposed to win. I’m more excited to watch this lineup than the one last Saturday.
User avatar
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 6163
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: Spread thin

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:57 pm

kazza » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:48 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:04 pm wrote:Good few changes.

Kelleher.

Milner, Matip, Gomez, kostas.

Bajetic, Elliot, Keita, Thiago.

           Carvalho,    Gakpo.

Hopefully it's good enough to get a win.

As a supporter it will be very interesting to see how they play together as it is a radical selection, but 99% of all neutrals will probably say that is a team that is not supposed to win. I’m more excited to watch this lineup than the one last Saturday.


Yeah agree.
Elliot just scored a beaut!!
User avatar
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 8556
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:35 pm
Location: ireland

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:03 pm

Great goal.

When was the last time we saw a midfielder running at the opposition and smashing one home?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
User avatar
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 13257
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:04 pm
Location: Here, there, everywhere

Postby devaney » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:13 pm

Gerrard  :laugh:  :laugh:

Brilliant goal from Elliot.

Lot more bite about us tonight.

Carvahlo and Gakpo have had some excellent touches. Thiago bossing midfield.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 4969
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Liverpool

Postby Santa » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:19 pm

Gakpo's shooting is all over the place..from corner flag to Row Z
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
User avatar
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 6:07 pm

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests