LIVERPOOL VS  NORWICH - Saturday  22nd October 17.30 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby worcester_red » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:30 pm

jimmy brighton wrote:Yep, we lack clinical finishing. I still think we are owed a huge dose of good luck. Hit the woodwork 3 times? ffs. Countless chances not finished off. I suppose they say you have to make your own luck and we ain't.

No you have to make your own goals and hitting the post is the same as missing, we are not clinical enough and I'm starting to wonder what the hell the strikers are practicing?

Bottom line it's not working and I can't see how it will be fixed whilst Kenny keeps sticking to the same underperforming players.
worcester_red

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:30 pm

Boocity wrote:We will absolutely stuff someone one of these days

yeah and then draw the next few games, this team is very poor for the amount of money that was spent.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Dundalk » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:30 pm

sgs wrote:If u cannot beat Norwich at home, u are a serious doubt for top four...

Cant argue with that
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Sorry Kenny, but this one is all on you... Bad management all around. Bad starting setup and more importantly poor response to the game. Subs were awful yet again.

Im not sure how players like Maxi, Bellamy and Carroll feel about the chances they've gotten so far but it must be frustrating sitting there not getting enough of a chance to stake a claim for a starting spot while Downing, Kuyt and Adam get as much time as they do while not performing...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:31 pm

It is clear we have no goal scorer in the team.
Suarez is a brilliant player, but no finisher. And the rest is just hit an miss. Also we are too dependant on individual efforts to craft chances, very little is from calculated build up play where you can see the plan behind it.
It's just:

Lump it forward to Suarez/Caroll and let them do something with it.
Well, another 2 points dropped. Where is the result of those 100 million invested in the team?
55 million sitting on the bench who right now isn't good enough.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:33 pm

i cant beleive that Maxi cant get any game time with our pitiful options on the right hand side of midfield, hes gotta be worth a try surely
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:34 pm

You know, I am sick and tired of watching us :censored: up like this against sides like Norwich, can't understand why the :censored: we constantly lose points like this. We need to :censored: stop this :censored: already! Still can't believe it... all those chances.... they had like a single chance at goal FFS!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:34 pm

From a possible 27 points we have taken 15.

Nowhere near good enough
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:35 pm

Kuyt and Downing have been :censored: for a few games now. Should have started with Henderson and Carroll.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:36 pm

i had a feeling the game was headed for a draw once kenny sent henderson on for bellamy. there was so much attacking movement going on on that left side, and bellamy was heavily involved during our most positive periods in possesion.

i'd say the problem today was adam. gerrard had to accomodate him today, instead of the other way round. gerrard dropped deeper for most of the second half just to get things ticking. a lucas and gerrard midfield would have probably given us a win.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jimmy brighton » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:37 pm

I'm as gutted and disappointed as everyone else on here but I think some of your reactions are a tad OTT.

It's still early days and the fact we created so many chances shows we have a good enough team but right now are just not putting enough of our chances away. It will come good
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:38 pm

Even though are finishing was poor, if you go 1-0 up at home you dont throw it away by giving away stupid goals due to poor defending, thats exactly what we have done the last two weeks. Lets face it the central defenders are just not good enough, especially Skirtel, he can hit the bar in the opponents box but cant get off the ground in our own. Their goal, two defenders and a keeper and the attacker gets the header in and it wasnt even a great cross it was pretty much hanging in the air
Last edited by Boocity on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:40 pm

sgs wrote:What is especially worrisome for me is that he is starting to repeat mistakes...

Thats the thing for me too... Adam in the middle, Downing down the right. Subs being late and ineffective... Mistakes in starting the game and yet again, defensively we've been poor from every aspect ...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jimmy brighton » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:41 pm

Boocity wrote:Even though are finishing bwas poor, if you go 1-0 up at hom e you dont throw it away by giving away stupid goals due to poor defending, thats exactly what we have done the last two weeks. Lets face it the central defenders are just not good enough, especially Skirtel, he can hit the bar in the opponents box but cant get off the ground in our own. Their goa, two defenders and a keeper and the attacjer gets the header in and it wasnt even a great cross it was pretty much hanging in the air

I've said this for a while now. Skirtel just aint good renough. Kenny needs to make the gamble and blood Coates into the team. Coates/Agger with Carra on the bench
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:41 pm

F'ucking show Ponies :angry:  all style and no finish.

I'm so p'issed off , drop Suarez, his f'ucking theatrics are doing my head in. If he played for any other team, whilst we might acknowledge his ability we'd all be calling him a kunt. 

:angry: :angry:

So So So f'ucked off with all of them   :veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games