LIVERPOOL VS NAPOLI - 4 november 2010, ko: 20:05

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:53 pm

stmichael wrote:
jacdaniel wrote:Im surprised that Pacheco hasn't been given a shot.  Whats happened to him?  He looked good coming on from the bench for the first team earlier this year.  (especially against Trabzonspor).  I heard he was awful against Northampton but we have to give these kids time!

It's a joke that he's not involved imo.

That team we've selected is so narrow. Where's the width going to come from? And as for Mereiles or Shelvey out on the right. Yawn.

Can't see where the creativity and goals are going to come from but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

I think the team would look a lot better if Shelvey played central in place of Spearing.  And Pacheco played RM.

Is Pacheco injured or something though?  I honestly don't know where he has gone to.

if he's not injured, We cant just alienate players cos they played poor in one match.  i can understand the manager being frustrated with Babel...he cost a lot of money and has been quite sh.it and he must be 23/24 now.

But Pacheco is only 19 and i certainly hope he is not being alienated over a bad performance.  He's a good talent but he won't be sticking around if we cant get him game time.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:30 pm

stmichael wrote:
jacdaniel wrote:Im surprised that Pacheco hasn't been given a shot.  Whats happened to him?  He looked good coming on from the bench for the first team earlier this year.  (especially against Trabzonspor).  I heard he was awful against Northampton but we have to give these kids time!

It's a joke that he's not involved imo.

That team we've selected is so narrow. Where's the width going to come from? And as for Mereiles or Shelvey out on the right. Yawn.

Can't see where the creativity and goals are going to come from but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

The one thing you do get with Shelvey (if he plays right) is his crossing.
Its better than most, reminds me of Stevie in that respect the way he whips them in.

Have a look later if he plays there.

But away to Napoli he was in Gerrards position so it may be Meireles back on the right.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:55 pm

At the end of the day, the kids have to be good enough to play. That's the bottom line. If it really was the case that we had the quality players coming through but the manager wasn't playing them you'd expect to see a splattering of our Academy graduates in the League. That's not the case though. Aside from Warnock and possibly Adam Hammill I don't see any players we should regret getting rid of.

Look at the number of United youngsters populating the Premier League recently - Bardsley, Richardson, McShane, Campbell, Shawcross, Eagles, Jones, Ebanks-Blake, Cleverley. None of them United quality or really given a chance at United but all of them better than what we've come up with.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:37 pm

I too am curious to know who'll be on the right and where Pacheco is (I actually read a piece on the offal a few days ago stating that Roy saw possibilities for Pacheco playing on the right instead of through the middle... I think it was the reserve manager who said so) ???. What I don't understand though is some peoples great concern about Poulsen playing - this game is exactly one that's suited for him, as the pace is way slower than in the PL. Will also be good to have a bit of routine alongside Shelvey and Spearing me thinks. As long as he isn't playing Chelsea on sunday it's all fine by me and he should get (and try to seize) his chance :).
JamCar05

Postby maguskwt » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:12 pm

Reg wrote:Shelvey's gonna come out out the blocks faster than Lynford Christie, bet the lad has a cracker of a game.

Playing Carra doesnt make much sense, he'll be knáckered for sunday of all people. Having said that he does earn 90 thou a week.... run yer b'stard.

:laugh:  :laugh:

Anyway... it's a decent enough team... good to see that Shelvey and Spearing are getting the opportunities to show what they can do. I especially have high hopes for Shelvey...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby haps » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:29 pm

I agree about Shelvey.  He's a player to get excited about.  a good run out tonight and I'd seriously start bringing him into some league games.  When they're young and talented and fearless and have something to prove they can be great for a team.  Not sure about Spearing though.  Works hard but ..  hope Nando gets some minutes in too (must be on the bench no?) - would love to see a goal from him tonight.
haps

Postby redhayesy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Reg wrote:Napoli have got to fancy their chances, they were shocking in the first leg. If they lift their game we have a tussle on our hands. Regardless of Chelsea, we have to play the first team and try to kill the game with a quick goal or 2.

1-0 Reds.

totally agree reg mate,let's play our strongest line up tonight & keep the team focused on getting some consistancy with another win-let the performances improve as we go-& for me the only way we will achieve this is to keep the spine of the team together.

if a couple of changes happen,then ok but i wouldn't want to see major changes as i also agree with NR, that torres needs goals to get his confidence back on track, also his fitness levels will improve with every game played,so play him tonight-hopefully get off to a great start,get the game sown up a.s.a.p then look at taking the likes of him off.

yes sunday is a massive game,but tonight is the immediate priority! so for me keep the side as upbeat as possible.

chelsea may have more options up front than we have at the moment,but that didn't stop them playing drogba,anelka etc did it.

i am looking foward to tonights game-the result first & hopefully play attack minded from the kick off!

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:26 pm

Actually excited about this game, come on Meireles, get in!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:30 pm

Didnt reckon much to Napoli in the first game but you can never tell because they may have just had an off day. Felt they really did pay us too much respect out there. No doubt they will come and tap it about a bit with the usual Euro style but if we can get to them early doors and keep pushing Im not sure they will be able to cope for 90 mins. Hope our main men are at least on the bench incase we have a right stinker which the way its gone so far isnt out of the question either. Big win and a quality performance would be a shot in the arm but head out of the clouds your probably looking good and bad patches and coming out just ahead 1-0 maybe 2-1.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:41 pm

parchpea wrote:Felt they really did pay us too much respect out there.

I must admit I couldn't understand that either. We went there with our confidence as low as a Daschunds ball bag and they just sat off us.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ring-of-Fire » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Hi folks. Any news on the tema yet?
Ring-of-Fire

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:16 pm

Ring-of-Fire wrote:Hi folks. Any news on the tema yet?

yeah we're playing in red.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ring-of-Fire » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:17 pm

Damn, I thought we wore blue. :;):
Last edited by Ring-of-Fire on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ring-of-Fire

Postby Ring-of-Fire » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Konchesky, Kyrgiakos, Carragher, Poulsen, Spearing, Meireles, Shelvey, Jovanovic, Ngog. Subs: Hansen, Gerrard, Lucas, Wilson, Kelly, Skrtel, Eccleston.

Come on red men!
Ring-of-Fire

Postby parchpea » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:23 pm

Torres not even on bench which is dissapointing. The lads part time but gets a full time wage! Thing is hes so injury prone they wont take a chance on him but whats it coming to when a footballer cant go in the pitch even when hes not carrying a knock. I mean they must be looking at the odds of him getting injured in the game of at least 60-40 against if not 50-50 and thats bad. Anyways lets hope it a good game and pray for those there in this weather tonight  :kungfu:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games