Liverpool vs manchester united - Fa cup

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:46 pm

Hate to say it but we'll get spanked.  I just hope that Nani :censored: doesn't score.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:21 am

a Liverpool win. they are gonna pay the price for underestimating us.
and send Poulson on in the last 2mins when the game is wrapped up so he can break Nani's legs.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Madmax » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:48 am

5-1 To mannure

If were lucky it will be 3-1..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:25 am

3-1 to us, we'll spank em. form goes out of the window here
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:56 am

IF I see Konchesky's name on the team sheet, i already half expect us to lose. Same goes for Kuyt if he's on the right hand side.

I am hopeful that Roy actually sticks Gerrard in that second striker role and give him the freedom to roam and influence the game. I also hope that Lucas and Meireles can retain that partnership that had us showing some sort of composure two months ago. As for the wings, i hope Maxi gets a run out. We have no other considerable silverware other than the Europa Cup to play for this season, and with a game against the mancs, we might as well throw all caution to the wind.

I can only hope that we play with swashbuckling verve, and stick the boot into our hated rivals. But then again, i think i've been hoping too much.

Naturally, its the managers fault. I have no hope in him. But can you really blame me? :D

I expect us to be pinned in our own half, while letting them have the lions share of possession. Torres is going to look like his sulky self, Gerrard will try to do everything by himself, and Konchesky will let player after player pass him by the byline. Oh and we wont complete a string of more than 5 passes.

after losing three to zero, roy hodgson will walk up to fergie, shake his hand like an old friend, and fergie will thank him for one of the sweetest wins in his life. afterwhich roy will go on and have a press conference so mired in self pity and flimsy excuses that we'll all feel sick to our stomach. and it would be the same feeling which we'll try to swallow and put away, the same feeling we've had all season.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:11 pm

I think we've got a chance of an upset here... 4-5-1 defensive setup and try to hot them on the break with Torres and Gerrard... 2 main worries for me though:
1) the Greek: A poor defender and I'm sure Ferguson will try to exploit that.
2) Lucas     : For all the supposed improvement, the guy is still a liability in terms of starting play from the back..

While Agger and Aurelio are a huge step up from Konchesky and Skrtel in terms of Defense-Attack transition, it still wont be enough to try and change the tempo of the game at certain periods especially if we dont concede early on.. With the likes of Anderson, Fletcher and Rooney, United have decent players who are all good at pressuring our defenders/midfielders into giving away possession cheaply...

Meireles is going to be very important for our chances here, if we can pass the ball confidently down the middle of the park then we could very well spring a surprise here...

I'd go for: Reina, Johnson, Soto, Agger, Aurelio, Lucas, Meireles, Kuyt, Maxi, Gerrard, Torres...

Maxi and Kuyt for their defensive qualities (Maxi is also good at maintaining possession), Soto and Lucas for a lack of options, and Gerrard in a much more advanced role to work the channels instead of Torres having to go wide..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:35 pm

Feck what they do, we've been held back for long enough by worrying about the other team.

Play our strongest 11 and take the game to them.

Reina, Johnson, Soto, Agger, Aurelio, Gerrard, Meireles, Cole, Maxi, Babel, Torres...
Rockthekop

Postby burjennio » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Liverpool 7                 Man Utd 0
Torres 02, 18, 34        Vidic sent off 09
Gerrard 10(pen)
Dalglish 86, 88, 90
burjennio

Postby laza » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:37 pm

Lets slaughter Fergie, his Orcs and that granny eating troll Rooney

Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:06 pm

It just shows the impact Kenny has, yesterday Liverpool were 40-1 to win the FA Cup, today they are 20-1. Just had a cheeky tenner.
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:49 pm

burjennio wrote:Liverpool 7                 Man Utd 0
Gerrard 10(pen)
Dalglish 86, 88, 90

HELL YEH! :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:12 pm

metalhead wrote:
burjennio wrote:Liverpool 7                 Man Utd 0
Gerrard 10(pen)
Dalglish 86, 88, 90

HELL YEH! :buttrock

:buttrock

Couldn't we get rushie on for a couple of mins?  :grinning:
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:45 pm

lets rip em a new one! arrrggghhhhh!

mancs 1 - 3 pool (torres, cole 2)
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Everyone's got a bit more confidence about this one now eh! I'd be delightewd just to get the feckers back at Anfield for a replay. At home to the mancs with King Kenny back in the dugout! What a fookin atmos that would be!

Am hoping to see Agger in to partner Skrtel if they're both fit, Aurelio on the left. Play Mereilles and Lucas in the middle with Cole on the left and Gerrard in the hole.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:11 pm

I can just see Kenny's smirk if we beat the Mancs .... stuff of dreams
and make no bones about it Taggart will be livid his arch enemy is back in the mix
I would go for Torres with Jovanovic upfront to unsettle Vidic and co ,with Gerrard on the wing
games too big for Ngog ............... cmon you Red men .... the continuation of our illustrious history awaits and begins on Sunday ...0-1 to Kenny's Army ....How good does it feel to be able to say that again :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games