LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY - 11 apr 2011

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:53 pm

PabloMedina28 wrote:.......................Reina......................

Flanagan....Wisdom....Wilson.....Robinson

Suso.......Merieles....Lucas........Sterling

............Carroll........Suarez..................

Seasons over, give the future the remaining games

Your imaginary team selections are beyond funny. Seriously in what world would that team be selected?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:05 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:

Your imaginary team selections are beyond funny. Seriously in what world would that team be selected?

Football Manager :p
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:14 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:

Aint playing the guess the team selection game mate, thats pointless and for people with egos. Im saying the seasons over, most of our quality players are out for the rest of the remaining games, people like Soto, maxi etc have constantly let us down so ID play the future of the club regardless of the score we would get beat by. Im sick of 80% of the players who have played this season letting us down but getting chance after chance to do the same thing next week.

Id actually change my team now swap Shelvey for Sterling and move Suarez to the left behind Carroll
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:04 pm

Yeah let's play our star 16 year olds in the most physical league in the world. Makes loads of sense.

There's a reason kids are phased in as substitutes for at least a season. They need to adapt to playing with adults. The gap between reserves and first team is enormous.

That is why premier league teams don't make careless selections like yours.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:20 pm

I'm not saying I hold much hope with Europe now, but I still wouldn't give up on it.  Not to mention are Merseyside rivals are a point behind us and we have our game against city to pull further ahead.  God forbid they finish higher than us on the table... Our season is bad enough as it is, no reason to finish 7-10th.  If we finish strong, it will help prove to Reina and to players considering coming to our club that no matter how tough it gets, we will fight it out.  It will prove that things are looking up even when we are at our lowest point. 

Sure, incorporate one or two of them because we need to and they are an option equivalent to that of maxi or poulson, but don't force it.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Zidane » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:08 am

Actually hope one of the kids gets a run out.. but City has so much size that I'd be afraid to have them out there at the same time.  Tough match I'd go with 3-5-2 though.
Zidane

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:16 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Yeah let's play our star 16 year olds in the most physical league in the world. Makes loads of sense.

There's a reason kids are phased in as substitutes for at least a season. They need to adapt to playing with adults. The gap between reserves and first team is enormous.

In my mind we have nothing to play for, were simple to many points behind spurs and city to get into europe now so why not blood the future in. The team still has Carroll Suarez Miereles and Reina, and Wislon and Shelvey can hold thier own from what ive seen so far of them, so its not a team full of rookies. Suso is far better then maxi. 

Obviously i wouldnt play them if we had anything to play for, so i cant understand you getting your knickers in a twist to be honest with you.

But your right lets stick with the sotos maxis and coles of this squad atleast then we wouldnt get beat by teams like blackpool and west brom.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:19 am

Dont forget Lucas is in my the team aswell.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby TarnRed » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:26 am

PabloMedina28 wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:Yeah let's play our star 16 year olds in the most physical league in the world. Makes loads of sense.

In my mind we have nothing to play for, were simple to many points behind spurs and city to get into europe now so why not blood the future in. The team still has Carroll Suarez Miereles and Reina, and Wislon and Shelvey can hold thier own from what ive seen so far of them, so its not a team full of rookies. Suso is far better then maxi. 

Obviously i wouldnt play them if we had anything to play for, so i cant understand you getting your knickers in a twist to be honest with you.

But your right lets stick with the sotos maxis and coles of this squad atleast then we wouldnt get beat by teams like blackpool and west brom.

You don't play 4 players with hardly any experience together, simple as.
TarnRed

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:47 am

I agree that it would be nice if we could find 10-15 mins for some of our most promising youngsters. The season is all but over us and this would be an ideal time to give them a taste and see how they handle it. City are on of the biggest sides I have seen play and this is actually their problem as they lack mobility overall. Just big units trying to out muscle the opposition. Hard to call this one and for us its not the end of the world if we dont win but I would love to see Carroll get off the mark and like I said earlier one of these young kids get a run at some point. I will take a stab at a 1-1 scoreline.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:00 am

we're gonna bend them over and fuk em silly

6:0 redmen
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ethanr » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:06 am

Greavesie wrote:we're gonna bend them over and fuk em silly

6:0 redmen

Suarez Carroll Suarez Suarez Carroll Carroll.

I decided this about 4 hours before I read your post and I'm backing you now  :D
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Raoul » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:18 am

Man City have more to play for I'm afraid. For this reason alone playing a couple (no more) of the hungry youngsters isn't a bad idea. We need to start Aurelio if he is fit.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:38 am

letssssssssssss spank them :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:41 am

heard rumour that Flanagan is in tonight.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games