LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY - 11 apr 2011

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:44 pm

No Gerrard, no Agger, no Johnson, no Kelly... dont think we stand a chance in this one :(
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:24 pm

When you are missing 4 of your starting lineup, It's really hard to compete... Especially when those 4 have been 4 of your best since KK took over.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby worcester_red » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:28 pm

I can't see us winning this one and to be honest I don't really care any more this season. Lets throw on some youngsters and see who shows any potential.
worcester_red

Postby Eagle » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:14 am

Aurelio is back in full training so we may just have to chuck him straight in as we are running out of defenders

Reina

Carragher   Skrtel   Kyrgiakos   Aurelio

Lucas   Meireles

Kuyt   Suarez   Maxi

Carroll

Subs: Ngog, Cole, Jovanovic, Shelvey, Spearing, Wilson, Gulacsi
Eagle

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:15 pm

Eagle wrote:Aurelio is back in full training so we may just have to chuck him straight in as we are running out of defenders

Reina

Carragher   Skrtel   Kyrgiakos   Aurelio

Lucas   Meireles

Kuyt   Suarez   Maxi

Carroll

Subs: Ngog, Cole, Jovanovic, Shelvey, Spearing, Wilson, Gulacsi

that team should be good enough to beat city at home.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:05 pm

our home form has been very strong under Kenny and Man City's away form is atrocious
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:16 pm

metalhead wrote:our home form has been very strong under Kenny and Man City's away form is atrocious

Ya, we are basically exactly the same as man city.. except we have actually been beating the good teams at home when they fail to.

I know our defenses is out of sorts and we have no Gerrard, but I really see us pulling this one off.  Meireles and Lucas need to step up and Suarez and Carroll have been getting better.  I'm 90% positive Suarez will either score or get an assist, and I won't be surprised to see Carroll score or get an assist too.
ethanr

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:04 am

we're gonna lose this one unless Suarez comes up with yet another brilliant performance. with Agger, Johnson, Kelly and Gerrard out, i really don't see where any form of creativity is gonna come from. Carra and Skrtel would probably end up hoofing the ball up to Carroll as usual, hence bypassing the midfield which isn't a bad thing as the only player left in midfield who has any form of creativity is Cole and Meireles. Spearing, Poulson and Lucas cannot be depended on to WIN a game for us. and let's not even talk about Aurelio as he'll probably fall out after 20mins. for a squad that has so much deadwood, Kenny has done amazingly well to bring us where we are right now and nothing more should be expected of him. i doubt any other manager could get anything out of this lot.

------------Reina

Carragher---Skrtel---Wilson

-------Lucas---Poulson

Kuyt-------Meireles----Cole

-------Carroll---Suarez

subs: Gulacsi, Kyrgiakos, Robinson, Flanagan, Jovanovic, Shelvey and Saric
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Thewaykokid » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:26 pm

With Gerrard, Agger, kelly and johnson all out i would be inclined to try this out

Reina
  Carra          Wilson               Skrtel            Aurelio

Kuyt           Lucas         Meireles          Cole

Suarez       Carroll

Will kill myself if i see meireles playing wide. I do however believe that once fit Shelvey should be given a starting place for the rest of season as Gerrard's replacement, see what the lad can provide, gotta be better than Spearing. I know Joe cole hasn't had much match time but with johnson and kelly out I feel like we really need someting going for us down the side. As for the defence, I'm really not too comfortable with carra at RB but I feel its the only option for us right now, would want to throw wilson on his weaker side. In all honesty, despite all of City's squad depth and bought quality, I really believe if we PASS the ball or at least TRY to PASS the ball, we can get a win, even if we don't, I just wanna see us passing the ball again, with or without Carroll.
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby mkingdom » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:01 pm

At this point, the signing of Charlie Adam in January would have been handy!!

Aurelio has to be risked, as I've not been impressed with Wilson at LB.

Reina

Carra  Skrtel  Soto  Aurelio

Kuyt  Lucas Merieles  Cole

Suarez  Carroll

seems the most sensible, with perhaps Maxi instead of Cole...but at some point we have to give Cole a start and see what he can do for us.
mkingdom

Postby ethanr » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:17 pm

I agree with a lot of you guys.  We need to stick Cole on the wing and basically give him one more chance to impress.  If he doesn't do well, we ship him off in the summer. 

We really don't have a lot of options, which is why most of your guys projections look about the same :D

I'm saying both Suarez and Carroll will get either a goal or an assist, or both.
ethanr

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:51 am

.......................Reina......................

Flanagan....Wisdom....Wilson.....Robinson

Suso.......Merieles....Lucas........Sterling

............Carroll........Suarez..................

Seasons over, give the future the remaining games
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby TarnRed » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:15 am

----------------Reina
Flanagan---Carra------Skrtel-----Aurelio
----------Meireles----Lucas
Kuyt-----------Shelvey----------Suarez
----------------Carroll------------------

Give Flanagan a stab with Carragher alongside him. I always believe if you're blooding any youngsters you need an experienced head alongside them and who better than Carragher. Jonjo completed 56 minutes of the reserve game on Monday why not start him behind just ahead of Lucas & Meireles.
TarnRed

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:46 am

What's all this cr@p about the season being over. This is Liverpool Football Club. We should go into EVERY game going for the win, and making it as high up the table as possible. Never give up, always keep fighting and never walking alone.

We can still make the UEFA cup next year and I know some on here don't think its worth it, but if want to buy some top quality players this summer it would make it easier to convince them to join if we are playing some kind of European cup rather than none at all.

Keep fighting red men... YNWA
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:05 pm

Why were both of our City games on Monday this season?  That's kind of strange...
ethanr

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games