LIVERPOOL v DEBRECENI VSC - 19:45 wed 16th september cl group phase

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby TheLad » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:41 am

Here we go, our first CL game this season, seems to be an easy one on paper, but you can never know with these small, unknown teams. Hopefully Rafa will put out a fairly strong team, I would rest Torres for this one though... He can always come one from the bench if there is any trouble.

MY team would be:

.Reina

Johnson - Big Greek - Carra - Insua/Aurelio (if fit)

-------------Gerrard     -    Lucas ---------------------

-----Kuyt--------------------------------------Riera-----

-----------------------Benayoun----------------------

------------------------Voronin------------------------

3-0 for the Redmen.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:53 am

It would be good to see Aurelio get a game providing he is fit. They are a total unknown to most football fans but im sure we have watched them a few times and learnt about them. We should win this and we will.

2-0
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:44 pm

I read yesterday that Agger has aggravated his back in training and may be out for another 2 months or so :( 

I would go with a weak team as this is the one competition where we can afford a mistake or bad result so its worth the gamble. Johnson and Torres both looked tired at the weekend so I would definately rest them both.

Reina

Degan/Kelly          Big Greek       Skrtel          Aurelio

Kuyt             Lucas        Gerrard         Dossena

Benny/Voronin   Babel

I would play Benny unless he is a little tired after his efforts, in which case I would give Voronin a run out.

Should be an easy game but you never can tell with some of these "unknown" teams, so I am going for a hard fought 3-1
account deleted by request

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:41 pm

10 - 0

chuffing pub team
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:50 pm

Reina

Degen                    Soto             Skrtel                Aurelio

Kuyt                      Lucas            Spearing            Riera

Voronin          Babel

Weak team but we can afford to rest places and like saint has said this is one game we can afford to gamble on , should be enough to overcome them though , 2-0 , babel and kuyt
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:53 pm

Hell, I wouldn't be arrogant enough to dismiss opposition in the CL. If you play that game and disrespect the opposition, it'll be like a red rag to a bull....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:02 pm

We should be a threat on set pieces if both the greek and skrtel play as well as kuyt and riera on the flank , babel will most certainly be given a chance , i hope he takes it
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:46 pm

Would expect Gerrard, Torres and maybe Benayoun to be rested for this.

Babel to play up front!!
Fauxy

Postby Tim LFC » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:15 pm

Well it will be interesting to see what team we play. Hope its a good match.
Tim LFC

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:23 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Reina

Voronin          Babel

Weak team but we can afford to rest places and like saint has said this is one game we can afford to gamble on , should be enough to overcome them though , 2-0 , babel and kuyt

that team would lose
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:30 pm

It'll be interesting to see who we start with and how it all turns out, I don't think we'll handle them easily but we should win either way.
Zidane

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:10 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Reina

Voronin          Babel

that team would lose

You think so? Other than Aurelio (who is class) and Spearing, those are all international footballers.  They will be starting players that are uncapped for Hungary.
JoeTerp

Postby Number 9 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:13 pm

I just found out they are from Hungary!lol never heard of them
On paper this is a nailed on 3 pointer but virtually unknown teams are always a potential banana skin.
I would'nt feck about too much with our team,by all means rest a few but still put out a good side.Id much prefer we win all our games early and be sure of qualification with a few matches to spare.
Then we can play the kids later in the season when we will be in need of more of a rest!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:00 pm

Well to be honest I'd get some rotation in  :wwww (no really I would) for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, we are playing West Ham away at the weekend and it's a tricky match. Secondly, Torres looks fecked to me. I'd be sorely tempted to tell him to feck off back to Spain for a few days, go catch some rays and chill out till Thursday. Thirdly, the squad we've got this season is threadbare, so the opportunities to give people a game without severely weakening the team are mimimal. The only chances we'll get are when we are playing somebody rubbish, preferably when we have the chance to make up for it if we feck it up. This is the perfect opportunity.

As such I'd give Leon his first appearance of the season in goal, I'd bring in Lee Peltier, the bloke who got shot up the erse, Egg Nog, Zorba and all the other blokes who are kicking around the training pitch who everyone goes "who is that bloke again?" when he parks his Land Rover at Melwood.

We should be able to win comfortably anyway, and if we don't we'll just win a couple of matches later on in the group which should be enough.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:11 pm

Bloody hell, this team may not be world beaters but Debrecen are still a CL team and suggestions of playing the reserves is ridiculous.

We need to storm this group, win the first 4 games then we can play Rafa up front for the last two when we're already qualified if you want, not before then though!

I do agree with Mick on resting Torres though.  Apart from that I wouldn't change too much, we need to build some momentum and you don't get that with wholesale changes!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games