LIVERPOOL VS FIORIENTINA - Anfield wednesday 09/12/09 ko 7.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:38 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
s@int wrote:Hopefully with Torres back and Aquilani starting we may get some indication of how the rest of the season will go. I think Rafa will play a few squad players in this one.   

Reina

Johnson           Skrtel      Agger          Insua/ Aurelio (if fit)

Masch       Aquilani

El Zhar              Gerrard            Riera   

N'Gog/ Torres (to come on  for second half)

I think we will win this one 2-0 Gerrard and Torres to get the goals.

El Zhar is not registered for the CL

He might play him. Its still possible, although improbable. Strange things happen in football .....remember Istanbul, who would have thought we would come back from 3-0 down. Until its impossible I am going to ..... BELIEVE. Just because he is not registered doesn't mean he CAN'T PLAY HIM, it just means we would probably be banned from Europe for it.

Sorry Joe, I suppose I had better go with Benny then  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:44 pm

Go with me for what Saint ???
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:09 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Go with me for what Saint ???

Benayoun not Benny the loon  :D

Postby aCe' » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:16 pm

s@int wrote:

What happened to Gybs ?
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:18 pm

s@int wrote:

:laugh:

was getting a bit worried then .

Sky sports are reporting that Aqualini is starting and Torres will be on the bench
Benny The Noon

Postby Ciggy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:20 pm

aCe' wrote:What happened to Gybs ?

:sleep
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Who is the picture in your avater Ciggy ?
Benny The Noon

Postby Madmax » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:26 pm

Ciggy wrote:

nice avatar ciggy    :eyebrow
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:30 pm

Ciggy wrote:

Sorry.. that post wasnt meant to entertain you anyways ..

Better boring than a nitwit i guess, atleast boring can be dealt with...  :kungfu:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:35 pm

aCe' wrote:Sorry.. that post wasnt meant to entertain you anyways ..

Better boring than a nitwit i guess, atleast boring can be dealt with...  :kungfu:

The topic says LIVERPOOL VS FIORIENTINA so why did you post. What happened to Gybs ? What has that got to do with the game, and you know where he is your just trying to sh!tstir.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:38 pm

Italian midfielder Alberto Aquilani is set for his full Liverpool debut in Wednesday's clash with Fiorentina.

Striker Fernando Torres returns from a groin injury but starts on the bench, while goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri comes in for the rested Jose Reina.

With the Reds not making the knockout stages, boss Rafael Benitez is likely to give his fringe players some action.

Dirk Kuyt could sit out and reserve striker Daniel Pacheco could be involved at some stage of the match.

It will be a welcome start for Aquilani, who signed from Roma in the off-season for £20m, but has made only three late substitute appearances since October because of an ankle injury.

"We decided we couldn't take any risks with him. It wouldn't have been good for him or us," Benitez said about the delay to starting his midfielder in the first team.

"We will take care of him and he will be ready. We wanted to protect him and give him the best opportunity to play well. Hopefully Wednesday will be the day."

Fiorentina have already progressed to the knockout stages, along with Lyon, leaving the five-time European champions competing in the Europa League.

It has been a patchy season so far for Liverpool, who currently lie seventh in the Premier League.

Midfielder Lucas Leiva believes Aquilani is an excellent replacement for playmaker Xabi Alonso - now at Real Madrid - but wants the fans to be patient with his development.

"It is easy to see in training that he has got quality on the ball and we hope he is going to help us," Lucas said.

"People will make comparisons but he is a different player to Xabi. He is more attacking and we can all see that he is going to play in a more advanced role.

"Obviously he came to replace Xabi but he is going to need some time to settle and we will do everything to make that happen quickly."

Spanish star Torres will be returning for the first time since 4 November after recovering from a groin problem.

Liverpool (from): Cavalieri, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Insua, Aquilani, Lucas, Mascherano, Gerrard, Riera, Ngog, Riera, Benayoun, Aurelio, Darby, Spearing, Kelly, Pacheco, Agger.
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:41 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Liverpool (from): Cavalieri, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Insua, Aquilani, Lucas, Mascherano, Gerrard, Riera, Ngog, Riera, Benayoun, Aurelio, Darby, Spearing, Kelly, Pacheco, Agger.

Two Riera's and no Reina ?

Btw thats Ciggy mate. She was totally naked apart from that hat, but she would only let the people who support Rafa AND want the two idiots out see the full pic. Luckily Dawson sent me a copy.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby aCe' » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:41 pm

Ciggy wrote:your just trying to sh!tstir.

cant argue with expert opinion... my apologies ...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:42 pm

s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Liverpool (from): Cavalieri, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Insua, Aquilani, Lucas, Mascherano, Gerrard, Riera, Ngog, Riera, Benayoun, Aurelio, Darby, Spearing, Kelly, Pacheco, Agger.

And no Torres  :(

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:43 pm

s@int wrote:

Got it from BBC mate so blame them  :D
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games